Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

oh neat our only lifeline

hey where's it going

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

one-time fee
Sep 29, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

How's your wife ? I can (cute) her.

one-time fee fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 11, 2022

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

the local pharmacy is looking pretty inviting in these covid times

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Wait, with how quickly COVID loving ramps up again and again, doesn't that mean a vaccine-only strategy would be . . . bad?

Nah, couldn't be. If it were, we'd be doing something different.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Did the union vote yet on the deal? I don't see anything saying they did except the propaganda reports that jumped straight to "back to school"

Vote is happening today, results tonight

They are in school today, without students. unless it's the school in the white cop neighborhood where the teachers never left. I think they are in school today.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

quote this post if you havent been rona’d yet

mashallah and forever more inshallah

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

quote:

“We need to think about how we can transition from the current pandemic setting to a more endemic setting.”

Ping

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Remember when I said they'd abandon the vaccines and just force everyone back to work anyways?

I think even if you do get vaccines that work on variants, they won't bother to push them to the population. You'll be able to get them if you want, probably, but they're going to officially give up on any public health response very soon

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

McNugget Buddy posted:

Topol/Scott Gottlieb/Monica Gandhi are currently citing each other to push the "mild" narrative - don't trust them

What happened to Topol? He used to be one of the guys I trusted

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.

Covid is also bad for the immune system

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feste posted:

What happened to Topol? He used to be one of the guys I trusted

sold out to be a TV talking head a few weeks ago

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

the reason they want kids in school so hard is because they dont want them to think work can be remote

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

paywalled. Can someone explain how to use one of those script add-ons to get around that poo poo? I've seen them posted, but I guess I've never done it right.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1480876985391923204

That's...not a lot

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Stoop Kid posted:

Covid is also bad for the immune system

This is a surprisingly controversial statement to some people I know. I don't get it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Yeah, you're right. I'm dumb for trusting any of the words he said. I knew that when I posted it.

(*you got a link/source for that Fauci lazy reader claim?)

sadly the easiest places to find it are search-advantaged far right fascist news sites

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Raccooon posted:

I’m going to guess the people are are supposed to plow and salt the roads are all sick.

Seattle area was down 200 snow plow drivers during the last snow storm and it showed

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

when the gently caress were there lockdowns?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I mean yeah, they aren’t for people like you or I.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

not_superiority posted:

oh man, yeah self-medicating with weed and shoots in 2021 has been helpful. better than 2020 when i did nothing but drink. we caught covid for christmas 2020 and i tried to drink after i tested negative and had one of the most violent hangovers ive ever had from like 2 shots worth of drinks and haven't touched alcohol since.

i have to pee in a cup for med poo poo and every day i find myself thinking getting high would be more effective.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE MOST RECENT INFECTION AND DEATHS STATISTICS INTO MY VEINS. ITS THE BNONEWS TWITTER AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SARS-COV-2

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

its kind of funny just how insane a lot of the west/anglosphere is letting things rip

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Fenarisk posted:

I'm wearing my aura starting today. I don't care if I get yelled at, I've got a 5 month old at home I care for all day 3 days a week.
hell yeah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Insanite posted:

man, 9210+ auras are out of stock or in the gouging price range everywhere, now. sucks--those were my go-tos to hand to friends and family who are ready to upgrade from cloth or surgical.

they were too good, they had to ban them like OG 4 Loko

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

sadly the easiest places to find it are search-advantaged far right fascist news sites

:911:

Beautiful.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
lol, my hospital recommended us to avoid contact with anyone outside of work, to prevent the spread of omicron in the hospital. also to be sure to social distance while caring for patients???

still having everyone wear a surgical masks outside of COVID rooms

gently caress you

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1480970453313277954

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1480971576095002626

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
do normal people even realize how bad things are getting at all or what?

no one I know seems to really understand or care about anything that happens, ever. it makes me feel honestly insane

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1480974074176286725

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/BlockClubCHI/status/1480932784168476686?s=20

an mild ice storm stretched hospitals to the limit in recent days in Chicago.

that ice isn't black!! it's just ice!!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Shifty Pony posted:

students:

staff:

:ok:

So how do you like your new gig as a substitute teacher?

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Insanite posted:

man, 9210+ auras are out of stock or in the gouging price range everywhere, now. sucks--those were my go-tos to hand to friends and family who are ready to upgrade from cloth or surgical.

Too bad we don't have a functioning government (*well, I suppose it "functions" just not to serve the interest of its citizens)

https://twitter.com/AbraarKaran/status/1476673083905699849

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

runaway pancake posted:

lol, my hospital recommended us to avoid contact with anyone outside of work, to prevent the spread of omicron in the hospital. also to be sure to social distance while caring for patients???

still having everyone wear a surgical masks outside of COVID rooms

gently caress you

They won't even let us bring our own N95s to wear in the hall :coronatoot:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

do normal people even realize how bad things are getting at all or what?

no one I know seems to really understand or care about anything that happens, ever. it makes me feel honestly insane

no. all the news has said is that the new variant is mild. maybe some people who have paid close attention to the news in the past three days are aware that a new wave has started, is starting, or is about to start. what exactly that means is not clear, except maybe that you might see a suggestion to wear a mask in a few weeks.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

A virus is more likely to mutate the more hosts it gets to jump right?

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

mastershakeman posted:

that ice isn't black!! it's just ice!!

You have to call it black ice -- if people don't think it's black, then cities won't attempt to get rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Too bad we don't have a functioning government (*well, I suppose it "functions" just not to serve the interest of its citizens)

https://twitter.com/AbraarKaran/status/1476673083905699849

lol there's still no push for more N95 manufacturing. The President just says google it jack I'm busy.