Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

LanceHunter posted:

Watching this shot again, the camera barely manages to pan far enough down in time. I can't imagine what a pain in the rear end it would have been if they had missed the shot.

I mean, they likely had 3 or 4 duplicate props for just such an instance. Tricky shots like this they would've also tossed a cheap dummy or something off the top a few times to let the camera guy get his timing down and set the blocking for the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Speaking of good physical comedy. The final Jackass trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74bzf-beGc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Improv in a film should be banned under penalty of death

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't know if I'd go that far. There have been some great movie lines or jokes that were improv but it was literally spur of the moment improv.

That Feig poo poo of just doing the same scene over and over and over again with different improv humor and then stitched together can just gently caress right off.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

One good thing plague did was to effectively end all improv comedy groups and shows irl :patriot:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Galewolf posted:

One good thing plague did was to effectively end all improv comedy groups and shows irl :patriot:

God bless

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone saw harold Ramis and Bill Murray doing improv and then tried to copy it by running it into the ground.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

priznat posted:

Need to watch the new Toast of Tinseltown with Matt Berry tho, he’s hilarious.

Thanks for letting me know this is out! Toast of London is one of my favorite shows and I've been looking forward to the new stuff.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i just want to say that i love your avatar

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

Scream good, scary movie bad (never watched them but I’ve seen enough)

NEXT

Naked Gun, all three good
Die Hard, one GOAT, two the exact same (so bad), three okay (better if you are familiar with NYC geography)
Indiana Jones: first GOAT, second under appreciated, third overappreciated but still really really good

Because there are apparently uncultured posters ITT who didn't even know about Top Secret, this reminder is probably necessary:

:siren: Police Squad is AMAZING :siren:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Space Kablooey posted:

i just want to say that i love your avatar

Thanks, it was originally just the skeleton and the butt, then some anonymous benefactor in a bitcoin mock thread added the coins and made it perfect.

If only it were attached to better posts...

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Groovelord Neato posted:

It sucks so much that Prometheus killed his At the Mountains of Madness.

And Blomkamp's Aliens sequel. Prometheus ruined everything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

poisonpill posted:

Scream good, scary movie bad (never watched them but I’ve seen enough)

NEXT

Naked Gun, all three good
Die Hard, one GOAT, two the exact same (so bad), three okay (better if you are familiar with NYC geography)
Indiana Jones: first GOAT, second under appreciated, third overappreciated but still really really good

The third Naked Gun is significantly less funny than the first two, and is also super transphobic. It's safe to leave it out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah poo poo i can't believe i've discovered my opinion is completely wrong because gripweed agrees with it

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Gripweed posted:

I thought Prometheus STOPPED the Blomkamp prequels though?

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Kingo Ligma posted:

Prometheus didn't stop them, Alien: Covenant did. They hadn't been announced until a few years after Prometheus was released.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Gripweed posted:

Aliens vs Predator killed a James Cameron/Ridley Scott Alien 5. The series was getting ruined long before Prometheus.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Not a prequel, a sequel to Aliens that disregarded Alien 3. And yes, Prometheus stopped it. Which is bad because making Alien 3 non-canonical would be an unmitigated good for the franchise, and Blomkamp Alien probably would've been good.

edit: Covenant, not Prometheus. Either way, Ridley Scott ruined everything

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this reminds me of the funniest scene from saturn 3

of course, this one wasn't meant to be funny

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Cacator posted:

Aliens vs Predator killed a James Cameron/Ridley Scott Alien 5. The series was getting ruined long before Prometheus.

My absolute favourite Rich Evans reaction to anything ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8oh89PgUUE&t=305s

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

mobby_6kl posted:

Because there are apparently uncultured posters ITT who didn't even know about Top Secret, this reminder is probably necessary:

:siren: Police Squad is AMAZING :siren:

Police Squad rules and has the bonus of no OJ in it to make things complicated :haw:

Anyone ever see “Kentucky Fried Movie”? Also written by the Zuckers but chock full of sex and nudity. Horny as hellll.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

priznat posted:

Police Squad rules and has the bonus of no OJ in it to make things complicated :haw:

He hadn't done anything bad yet when he was in those movies, you can't get mad at the movies about it

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gripweed posted:

He hadn't done anything bad yet when he was in those movies, you can't get mad at the movies about it

I know, some people feel weird about watching naked gun with him in it now (I don't, murder is cool)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gripweed posted:

I mean, given Blomkamp's work over the years, are we really sure his Aliens sequels wouldn't be poo poo?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I only watch movies where no one involved in the production is a bad person. I've seen several shorts drawn by me in the page corners of high school text books.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Reminds me that I recently watched the BotW episode where Rich energetically corrects Mike for saying OJ was bad at murder.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, given Blomkamp's work over the years, are we really sure his Aliens sequels wouldn't be poo poo?

He shouldn't write his own movies.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Galewolf posted:

Who can say if it was bad or not

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

LanceHunter posted:

District 9, Elysium, and Chappie were all good. So I'm not sure why you'd be worried about his Aliens movie.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Stink Billyums posted:

I only watch movies where no one involved in the production is a bad person. I've seen several shorts drawn by me in the page corners of high school text books.

Your second sentence contradicts the claim made in you first.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

priznat posted:

Anyone ever see “Kentucky Fried Movie”? Also written by the Zuckers but chock full of sex and nudity. Horny as hellll.

don't sign your posts!

Anyway I've seen it. It's an interesting look at a different time, and it's got some funny moments, but it's not a patch on their later stuff.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Pham Nuwen posted:

don't sign your posts!

Anyway I've seen it. It's an interesting look at a different time, and it's got some funny moments, but it's not a patch on their later stuff.

I hear you loud and clear, your favorite is an american carol

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

more than anything, watching naked gun movies or mel brooks movies just makes me sad that NO ONE can apparently replicate that anymore.

Dynamite... Dynamite...

Where does Hot Shots fit on the spoof spectrum? Somewhere in the middle imo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Pham Nuwen posted:

don't sign your posts!

Yeah I haven't seen it in decades and I imagine it has aged ~extremely~ poorly. There were a couple of funny bits like you say! Another similar one was Amazon Women on the Moon which had Steve Guttenberg! I recall the funniest bit was Ed Begley Jr as the son of the invisible man.

Holy poo poo yes it is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evx_Ps85yu8
"oi! 'ere comes the invisible man!" *crowd groans* and he minces in lmao

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Scaramouche posted:

Dynamite... Dynamite...

Where does Hot Shots fit on the spoof spectrum? Somewhere in the middle imo

It’s probably the best of the non-zucker spoof movies

I liked Kentucky Fried Movie a lot but it really can’t stand up to the perfection that is airplane, naked gun, and top secret

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Reminds me that I recently watched the BotW episode where Rich energetically corrects Mike for saying OJ was bad at murder.

to be fair he was bad at murder, but he had great lawyers

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Space Kablooey posted:

to be fair he was bad at murder, but he had great lawyers

he was great at murder, just not that great at covering up a murder

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I mean, those people were fully dead, and he really made sure of it

Gutcruncher