Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Oovee posted:

ah, I'm EU.

ah, well, thinking about it further I'm pretty sure in the EU you'll have to have a Facebook account for the referral because they don't support generic referral links outside the US

so you have to become Facebook friends with the person to get a referral sent to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oovee posted:

ah, I'm EU.

Eu here, I can pm you with my data.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Finally someone has made a clone of the elite strap with battery, and at a cheaper price.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L5VQH68

(no idea of the quality of the product!)

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Turin Turambar posted:

Eu here, I can pm you with my data.

Alright, hit me.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oovee posted:

Alright, hit me.

It says you accepted my link. Now you should be able to register a Quest 2 linked to that FB account.

However as you said

quote:

Have quest 2 on its way, is the referral thing still ongoing and do you need a facebook account for it or would an old oculus account work?

Well, the referrals are in between FB accounts. Unless that Oculus account is also linked to a FB account, I doubt it will work if you register it with a Oculus account.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
Referral worked out and had an earlier 8 silver offering:

Acceptable pricing :P

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Interesting that I also received by 30 Zuckbucks instantly, instead of the previous '30 day' period. I will save them up for GTA San Andreas.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Another fitness game in AppLab
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3645916778776799?utm_source=vrsort.com

How many there are? FitXR, Supernatural, PowerBeats, and more

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Turin Turambar posted:

Interesting that I also received by 30 Zuckbucks instantly, instead of the previous '30 day' period. I will save them up for GTA San Andreas.

You still having problems with risk of rain 2? I was just playing and it was flawless. I'll have to see what the other poster said the problem was

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Got my Quest 2 back home to my PC last night and hosed around with it for longer than I should have done given I was working today. Fired up Squadrons and after immediately having to figure out how to deal with 4 separate issues (HDR auto enabling with no way to turn it off - solution: nuke it in a config file; Series X controller registering backwards and jumbled up inputs - solution: connect via cable when starting game, then remove cable and return to bluetooth where it now remembers the correct buttons; Oculus Quest not even being recognised - solution: stop being a dumbass and connect it and turn it and Oculus Link on before starting the game; Sound coming through Oculus speakers instead of decent headphones I have - solution: disable Oculus as a sound device in settings) I got flying around and blowing poo poo up and yeah the inner child I bought and set up this whole thing for is extremely happy

I guess dealing with multiple layers of jank is just what you have to expect from cludging together a bunch of disparate systems and software but given I've only tentatively hosed around I'm looking forward to seeing what other experiences I can have

One thing, does the Quest not hold a charge when connected with Oculus Link, or is that dependent on which USB port I use on the PC? I was using the front panel 3.2 Gen 1, would the 3.2 Gen 2 port on the back be any better? I played Squadrons for an hour and a half and went from 60% to 25% battery so it's not the worst thing in the world if it doesn't charge simultaneously as I think playing for any longer than a couple of hours would be a great way to be horribly sick/lose my mind when I return to reality and feel like my hands are still fake

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Any tips for subnautica VR? Should I just use an Xbox controller / keyboard and sit at my desk? It sounds like it could be neat but I’m concerned about movement and visuals without mouselook while sitting

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

One thing, does the Quest not hold a charge when connected with Oculus Link, or is that dependent on which USB port I use on the PC? I was using the front panel 3.2 Gen 1, would the 3.2 Gen 2 port on the back be any better? I played Squadrons for an hour and a half and went from 60% to 25% battery so it's not the worst thing in the world if it doesn't charge simultaneously as I think playing for any longer than a couple of hours would be a great way to be horribly sick/lose my mind when I return to reality and feel like my hands are still fake

Normal USB ports won't be able to charge it enough while you play to maintain it at the same battery level, that said, your discharge rate seems higher than mine. Like twice than it should be. Try the port at the back to see if there is any difference.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Dumb question I suspect I know the answer to already:

So, I played a bunch of Ultrawings and unlocked a bunch of stuff. I want to show Ultrawings to a friend on the same Quest 2, but I want them to start at the start so they get all the tutorials and stuff.

I'm stuck making them a Facebook account and linking that to my headset and Facebook account? Any clever ways to avoid this?

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Frog Act posted:

Any tips for subnautica VR? Should I just use an Xbox controller / keyboard and sit at my desk? It sounds like it could be neat but I’m concerned about movement and visuals without mouselook while sitting

That's what I did, it worked fine

One of my fav VR games

edit: install the VR fix mod though

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Gort posted:

Dumb question I suspect I know the answer to already:

So, I played a bunch of Ultrawings and unlocked a bunch of stuff. I want to show Ultrawings to a friend on the same Quest 2, but I want them to start at the start so they get all the tutorials and stuff.

I'm stuck making them a Facebook account and linking that to my headset and Facebook account? Any clever ways to avoid this?

I have no idea of how the multi account system works.

With Sidequest you could do a backup and restore Ii later.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Just got my Index, but still waiting on prescription lenses to be shipped. The Index came with a transparent static cling sticker on the lenses. Is it an incredibly terrible idea to leave that sticker on, to protect them, so I can use them with my glasses? Or am I being astoundingly dumb?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Alctel posted:

That's what I did, it worked fine

One of my fav VR games

edit: install the VR fix mod though

yeah I installed qmod and the VR enhancements mod from moddb so I guess it's just good to go, boot up airlink and run it but not through SteamVR, I guess? If it works well I'm stoked, Subnautica is so relaxing and I imagine it would be basically perfect in VR. thanks!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Turin Turambar posted:

Normal USB ports won't be able to charge it enough while you play to maintain it at the same battery level, that said, your discharge rate seems higher than mine. Like twice than it should be. Try the port at the back to see if there is any difference.

Also big suggestion from me is to go Airlink if your router can handle it and forget being corded -- one of the true joys of being on Quest is being able to be wireless even to your PC. Buy a battery pack (I use an Anker 10000 slim) and strap that sucker on the back of your headset and you never have to worry about running out of juice.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Airlink has been absolutely spectacular and I don't think I could even play wired VR since I'm so used to whipping around in a carefree way

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Frog Act posted:

Airlink has been absolutely spectacular and I don't think I could even play wired VR since I'm so used to whipping around in a carefree way

I bought a gigantic USB cable with my quest and never opened the bag because it worked that well from day one for me. Wireless is a non-negotiable feature for me at this point if I'm going to be buying another headset.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, the advantage of playing wired is that your battery depletes 4 or 5 times more slowly, but he isn't having that...

Oculus contacted me, they are shipping my new elite strap. That's pretty decent (short) wait time, I know they received the broken one yesterday morning, so it was only 1 day for the new one. I guess I will get it in 3-4 days.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Pistol Whip for 35% off https://www.humblebundle.com/store/pistol-whip

And it's cross buy, so you also get the Quest version with it (where it costs 30€) edit: or not, see below

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 11, 2022

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

Pistol Whip for 35% off https://www.humblebundle.com/store/pistol-whip

And it's cross buy, so you also get the Quest version with it (where it costs 30€)
Does it work that way with a Steam key, cause it looks like that's what Humble Store is selling?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Does it work that way with a Steam key, cause it looks like that's what Humble Store is selling?

well, poo poo. In my defense, I had selected Oculus Rift on the filter

and I know for a fact they have sold 'Oculus store' keys before.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It has been announced that Unbinary will also launch on Quest. Here it's a story trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfnL8VH4Bg

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Dunno but heres some quest keys that are cross buy (or should be?).

WF7PH-XHKYR-PJHPY-CRXP7-HT6CJ
WQP7E-C6CR4-ME4N6-QH6GT-PF6NM
9TKKG-NHEXN-QQNKW-AFT7R-JKYAQ
XF9R9-A3XQ4-7CFM7-YQ9CE-WGJFP

Redeem em here. (They wont work anywhere else)

https://secure.oculus.com/redeem-code/

They should still be good. Idk. Just some left overs from league stuff.

And because I can. Heres some space slurpies keys too.

4KPJR-7P997-RYQN9-TKC94-7N6GJ
KXC33-HKMKW-PWCYE-YJCAT-43AFX
KXPJA-EG447-XRQTG-6Y34R-TT6YX
NWWGG-X4RCG-RG37R-RCPEP-YKA4M
CQKTG-7PNKY-CJX97-A7JGQ-P9QCY
J4X9H-CG6GW-NP7X4-PHA7P-NM9AF
FEY66-G94TH-9X7K6-WXQEA-Y9XJG

Redeem in the same place. Same deal.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 12, 2022

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

EbolaIvory posted:

Dunno but heres some quest keys that are cross buy (or should be?).

WF7PH-XHKYR-PJHPY-CRXP7-HT6CJ
WQP7E-C6CR4-ME4N6-QH6GT-PF6NM
XF9R9-A3XQ4-7CFM7-YQ9CE-WGJFP

Redeem em here. (They wont work anywhere else)

https://secure.oculus.com/redeem-code/

They should still be good. Idk. Just some left overs from league stuff.

And because I can. Heres some space slurpies keys too.

4KPJR-7P997-RYQN9-TKC94-7N6GJ
KXC33-HKMKW-PWCYE-YJCAT-43AFX
KXPJA-EG447-XRQTG-6Y34R-TT6YX
NWWGG-X4RCG-RG37R-RCPEP-YKA4M
J4X9H-CG6GW-NP7X4-PHA7P-NM9AF
FEY66-G94TH-9X7K6-WXQEA-Y9XJG

Redeem in the same place. Same deal.

drat, thanks, I took XF9R9-A3XQ4-7CFM7-YQ9CE-WGJFP from the first group and FEY66-G94TH-9X7K6-WXQEA-Y9XJG from the second (they're both the last listed key)

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Hell yeah brother. I'm not grabbing any. Kudos though!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I got WQP7E-C6CR4-ME4N6-QH6GT-PF6NM, thanks!

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Wow, thanks! Redeemed:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Took WF7PH-XHKYR-PJHPY-CRXP7-HT6CJ and KXPJA-EG447-XRQTG-6Y34R-TT6YX

Thanks so much.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I redeemed some Slurpies with NWWGG-X4RCG-RG37R-RCPEP-YKA4M .

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So Oddly enough, I see the games as purchased in the store but cannot see them on my oculus app.

Edit: took some time but they finally showed up. Really appreciate it.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 12, 2022

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I snagged KXC33-HKMKW-PWCYE-YJCAT-43AFX

Thanks!

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Codes are all taken.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

My Quest 2 just arrived. How are referrals handled? We have a thread of just a free for all? I have an OG Quest but think we’ll still get the credit so someone point me in the right direction or throw a link here and I’ll try to get us free monies.

Edit: what are the goon-approved accessories for this thing? Didn’t see anything in the OP.

jabro fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 12, 2022

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

jabro posted:

My Quest 2 just arrived. How are referrals handled? We have a thread of just a free for all? I have an OG Quest but think we’ll still get the credit so someone point me in the right direction or throw a link here and I’ll try to get us free monies.

Edit: what are the goon-approved accessories for this thing? Didn’t see anything in the OP.

I've seen some codes dropped in chat here. If it's a free for all let me know and I'll send you one via PM or email.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Leathal posted:

I picked up some magnetic inserts from Etsy about two years ago for my original Quest and they’re still going strong on my Q2. Ended up being half the price of VR Optician after adding in high index lenses and anti-glare.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-1-2-magnetic-prescription

I think this is the Etsy shop I used. Click through item details for the link to the Coastal lenses to price it all out.

There's a link to Zenni optical but nothing for a coastal. Did autocorrect "help" with something?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

The only accessory I've seen unanimous consent on is a replacement headstrap - people generally seem to think the Vive Deluxe Audio Strap is the best, but plenty of people are happy with the Kiwi Designs strap too. If you go with the DAS you need an adapter to attach it to the Quest, there are a billion 3D printed options on etsy for dirt cheap or Amazon for goofy expensive. If you don't want 3D printed and don't care about overspending this is another area where Kiwi does a pretty nice job.

If you're planning on doing fitness stuff, you probably want one of the facial interface packs from vrcovers. I think they're completely out of stock until sometime later this month. Haven't seen any discussion about any of the alternative sources for replacement covers/interfaces but there are other comparable-looking things. You might also a cover for the controllers and/or a nicer wrist strap, haven't seen any specific recommendations on this front.

You might also want a dock/charging station; I haven't seen options for that discussed in here, but based on my browsing it looks like the anker one plugged on the oculus site is getting the official nod for good reason.

Last thing I think will have widespread appeal is a battery strap - even if you're not planning on marathon sessions, it's a nice counterweight that makes the headset more comfortable for most people I've seen comment on it. This is another one where it probably doesn't matter too much which one you go for; I'm lazy and wanted something with at least two straps so I could worry less about the power bank sliding out during use - iirc I went with this. Probably way overspending for something you could do with some ingenuity and a few rubber bands but I am lazy in my old age.

From there you're getting into goofy niche stuff like fake gunstocks you attach to your controller or something? I have not explored this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

jabro posted:

If you wear glasses, heavily consider lens adaptors from a reputable seller (I used VRoptician).
My favourite strap of stock, generic halo and BOBOVR M2 Pro is the latter. Has battery, decently charges it once the button is pressed, and has magnetic attachment which is pretty solid and kinda cool (though does mean more of a trickle than direct input, which BOBOVR have acknowledged was a design-choice).