Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Anything more detailed than a vaguely related number is too much detail and will garbage up the signal so to speak.

E: Remote Viewers have a historically mixed record at best if one is generous. That is because it is a complex problem to solve in a way that can produce meaningful data.

Sextro has issued a correction as of 18:19 on Jan 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

birds???

https://twitter.com/thewarzonewire/status/1480943870439424001?s=20

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Sleekly posted:

i wish this thread were in the cool come and go lounge bar that i imagine it is, face to face nice vibe say whatver kick back and unravel the secrets sorta place

u ask nice questions Barry and imo u dont need to apologise for them all the time

a few more of these experiments and there will be an astral clubhouse

(maybe even already is)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

so this book sucks but some of the illustrations are pretty funny

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

fanfic insert posted:

a few more of these experiments and there will be an astral clubhouse

(maybe even already is)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

any good astral clubhouse is one where you're the only one with a meat sack tethered to you

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

and gloves (no prints)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

i refuse to join any astral club that would have me as a member

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

New page new quote:

The Demilich posted:

Let's do another.

I have a piece of art displayed in my room. I encourage you all to attempt to see it.

I want everyone to have plenty of time to view it, so I'll post a picture of the item in question Friday evening.

Godspeed and good luck.

----
Relevant comments:

Riot Bimbo posted:

If we do another experiment lets do this for real. I am not sure we can organize a double blind esp. not with low to middling effort, but we can up our game a bit and discuss interference reduction in procedure and set up multiple targets with unique objects/settings with different users, to be set up according to agreed procedure. Someone that is not participating besides can assign objects to volunteer setters?

Using an example type we should not use: A pencil between two candles in a cupboard.

Some degree of setting detail is needed, but it cannot bias the object. In this case, would describing the exterior be ok? Pictures of said? Maybe even the room, or house if goons are comfortable with that (probably a bad idea tbh)

Just throwing it out there

neutral milf hotel posted:

I hope this is some sort of tangible object and not some abstract form on canvas/paper

I'll give it a go later when I'm not sleep deprived

Sextro posted:

Anything more detailed than a vaguely related number is too much detail and will garbage up the signal so to speak.

E: Remote Viewers have a historically mixed record at best if one is generous. That is because it is a complex problem to solve in a way that can produce meaningful data.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Save posting your results till Friday btw. That way I don't have to dig too much, plus we don't want any gestalt ork waaagh psychic mechanics going on here where a bunch of creatures with pattern seeking brains try to feed off each other's data points and further influence each other's thoughts.

I post in PST, so I'll call it later in the evening this Friday in my timezone to give everyone the maximum amount of viewing time. Apologies to Hawaiian goons if 8/9pm isn't late enough.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Riot Bimbo posted:

any good astral clubhouse is one where you're the only one with a meat sack tethered to you

not astral per se but the club from tron legacy *chefs kiss*

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
if anyone wants a daily practice routine david lynch runs a daily number showing scheme on youtube at pretty regular hours

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

invite me to this party

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I’ve been having so many lucid dreams since embarking on the gateway experience. last night i dreamt i was floating above earth, looking down at a city at night. lights all sprawled out across a dark planet. i looked up, staring into space, then felt like i was falling backwards. as i was slowly falling it was like i saw/passed through my roof and ceiling as i fell back into body. i woke up with a start. freaked me out a tad

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

NUFORC posted:

The ufo came from the East, as I was looking North. It hovered briefly above the house across the street from me; that house was on a small hill.

It then move to the house on the left. And stayed there for a few minutes.

It was then I mentally asked for it to land and take me for a ride. I was about 4 and a half years old at the time; June 1950.

I then heard, in my head the response: "No. Not now... Not yet. " I became angry and frustrated, and with my single shot cap gun, I shot about 3 rolls of caps at it.

After some time it flew back East, from its orignal point, behind some trees.

The object was about 30 feet wide and 10plus feet high. It had 3 balls on the bottom, I assumed for its landing. It was silvery grey in color. About 30 years later, I saw a photo of George Adamski's Saturn shaped ufo, and it looked quite a bit like what I had seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvmIxu-LSA

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

a four year old with an airsoft rifle is the most 1950s thing ever

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jazerus posted:

a four year old with an airsoft rifle is the most 1950s thing ever

We used to hit the entire roll at once with a rock on the sidewalk

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://thehermeticpenetrator.medium.com/ufo-coaxing-yes-excerpts-from-a-bombshell-ufotwitter-thread-1cbf8ba38007

Someone explain to me what an antineutrino is and where I can get some.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

They're the antiparticle of the neutrino and are produced by beta decay, which makes nuclear reactors plentiful sources of them.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok but how do i turn my chromebook into a particle computer?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

yeah this tracks, I posted something earlier in the is thread from I forget where that talked about the Navy knowing how to reliably summon UAPs off the coast

automated et monitoring system constantly feeding data about monke back to their home star, very cool

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what if future remote viewing experiments are done where you shove something in a box then start by posting a picture of the closed box so goons have something concrete (the beautiful box) to focus on

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

yeah this tracks, I posted something earlier in the is thread from I forget where that talked about the Navy knowing how to reliably summon UAPs off the coast

automated et monitoring system constantly feeding data about monke back to their home star, very cool

i remember that, it presents some weird possibilities if its true and also seems like very important info.

this would only work for underwater capable birds and so probably be used for the tic tac types, i assume they (USN) are responsible for the black triangles, and they can summon tic tacs.

this still leaves the several other types of craft and raises the possibility we are being played with by different types of bird with different types of interests

edit: remember vaguely that the "fishing" could be the navy triggering some AI defense thing, that was a cool theory

a group seems to be concerned with our nuclear stuff
others with our buttholes and cattle
still others like to steal people away

would love to see the official UAP sillhouette sheet and breakdown, :tinylue: probably assembled it lol

Sleekly has issued a correction as of 01:38 on Jan 12, 2022

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

A dramatic reenactment of our first experiment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXOjyv4d998

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

This needs to be in this thread too, so i'm not waiting for someone else to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzvPUWbMj4

lmfao ghost movie made by the us govt about weird poo poo that ran for six months in one theater and is now lost media.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
What if the antineutrinos are causing the UAPs

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Butternubs posted:

What if the antineutrinos are causing the UAPs

they could

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Can someone explain antineutrinos for people who know nothing about advanced particle quantum physics? How would they be related to anything bird adjacent?

Uhhh...I mean.... I would do it myself but I'm way too busy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Anti implies it's antimatter? If so it's a novel particle with few or no natural sources esp on earth and you could probably detect its decay in some manner if you were looking?

Could be way off but thats what brain wants me to guess

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Barry Foster posted:

Could you expand on how things felt off beforehand, and/or surreal when it appeared?

Sorry, I'm doing the thing where I really want as much detail and, I dunno, "flavour", as possible, but that's only because it's so cool to speak directly, one on one, with someone who saw something.

(I could post on reddit but gently caress That)
i'm a wretchedly lazy goon, but if you search my posts on this thread then the detailed account will pop up eventually lol

that medium article can only mean that uaps are neutrino birds

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
neutrinos don't have charge so an antineutrino is just a neutrino that has opposite handedness from regular neutrino. Neutrinos are lefthanded and antineutrinos are righthanded. Anineutrinos come out wherever antimatter comes out. Sounds p simple.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Lots of antineutrinos are produced by nuclear reactors, which fits with the description of UAPs gravitating toward nuclear sites. It would also fit the tic tacs taking an interest in naval exercises.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
has anyone come up with a way to narrow down the location of dark matter

like yeah it's all over the univers or some poo poo and is basically just invisible whatever but how precisely do we know where

the truth is that there's like 7 matters and we don't see them because we're on the wrong "channel" to interact with them. the key to uaptek is learning how to change the channel, where you stop interacting with earth or the sun as we know them and begin interacting with the dark earth.

It turns out the other natives in our solar system made different choices spoilers we were the evil earth all along

this is the central premise of my surely award winning sci fi book series (working title "how rich, the dark earth") but i'm having trouble channeling the weird horney old sci fi alien vibe ala that tweet thread. Maybe i just need to basic it up some and have the aliens be less encumbered by barbaric & irrational notions of physical modesty

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

no, that would allow us to figure out what the gently caress it is on some level and we haven't so

it does seem that the outskirts of galaxies contain more of it than the interior, or the rotation of spiral galaxies around their central supermassive black hole wouldn't be uniform; additionally there are filaments of dark matter between galaxies which bind them into clusters, and the clusters into clusters, etc.

but narrowing down where it is beyond extremely large-scale patterns is not currently possible

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

We used to hit the entire roll at once with a rock on the sidewalk

with bb guns and cap guns being so widely American; im surprised there was never a cross over of sorts

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

has anyone come up with a way to narrow down the location of dark matter

like yeah it's all over the univers or some poo poo and is basically just invisible whatever but how precisely do we know where

the truth is that there's like 7 matters and we don't see them because we're on the wrong "channel" to interact with them. the key to uaptek is learning how to change the channel, where you stop interacting with earth or the sun as we know them and begin interacting with the dark earth.

It turns out the other natives in our solar system made different choices spoilers we were the evil earth all along

this is the central premise of my surely award winning sci fi book series (working title "how rich, the dark earth") but i'm having trouble channeling the weird horney old sci fi alien vibe ala that tweet thread. Maybe i just need to basic it up some and have the aliens be less encumbered by barbaric & irrational notions of physical modesty

Dark matter is more than just invisible, it's intangible, you might be covered in it right now but you wouldn't know because it doesn't interact with anything apart from gravitationally.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Airsoft at least used to make cap powered versions of some of their guns.

There WERE cap powered bb guns

There's still tutorials out there on how to do it manually

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Interesting to see antineutrinos enter the UAP chat.

Antineutrino detectors can potentially be used to identify the location of nuclear facilities or weapons from a distance. There are also some interesting papers proposing that sufficiently powered neutrino/antineutrino beams could be used to remotely detonate nuclear warheads. Here's a couple of papers for example:

https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0305062v1
https://arxiv.org/abs/0805.3991

So if the US military are conducting weird particle experiments in this field, it's possible the UAP connection is a smokescreen for what they really want - to become the first nation invulnerable to nuclear attack and the ability to detonate an enemy's nuclear weapons in situ.

Just speculation on my part! Hope I'm wrong.

xX Love and light xXx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Butternubs posted:

Dark matter is more than just invisible, it's intangible, you might be covered in it right now but you wouldn't know because it doesn't interact with anything apart from gravitationally.

Yes, and this "normal" matter is equally dark to dark matter

Or is it