Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

i bounced off this game after a few days into the last war. i'm gonna give it another go and see if this one is less of a clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Happy birthday, dPokchu\dy!

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Radio Free Kobold posted:

i bounced off this game after a few days into the last war. i'm gonna give it another go and see if this one is less of a clusterfuck.

what does your heart tell you

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It tells you to listen to the drat battle plan posted in the Discord.

War 87 in four hours.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

New war, time for some good old fashioned rifle and grenade spam. :blaster:

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

GruntyThrst posted:

New war, time for some good old fashioned rifle and grenade spam. :blaster:

THATS RIGHT BABY

SHIRTS. GRENADES. 7.62mm.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De1L69KirV8

War 87 has been declared, over the top!

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

It tells you to listen to the drat battle plan posted in the Discord.

War 87 in four hours.

And 10 minutes into the war we had to switch to plan B due to a bridge not bieng built.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
No plan survives first contact with a bridge

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Considering it was just 7? 8 of us and three pubbie players I thought we held that awkward BB thrown up by somebody outside The Spine rather well.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Yeah that was pretty great, and it looks like we may actually have drawn enough people away from abandoned ward to help us win there in the end.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
extreme late night goons + 82DK crew is always good times

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Wars going well. We were defeated by a bridge (not the collies, but the bridge itself). However, the rest of the map went insane and took territory faster than late game storm cannon pushes. So we're way ahead right now and settling into the buildup phase of the war.

Big ups to the devs for removing the ISG. It's not in the first 3 techs and it's after multiple counters, so we'll probably just never see it. That means all our gains today can be realized by building up and not getting plunked down by a gun we can't really kill.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house

SeanBeansShako posted:

Considering it was just 7? 8 of us and three pubbie players I thought we held that awkward BB thrown up by somebody outside The Spine rather well.

I carried on playing at the Spine after the EU goons had logged and it absolutely drew a lot of fire from Ward. It's a miracle the Collies didn't push it, we were fighting out of the Town Hall/Garrison houses on several instances but they never really got the push to cap.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We assumed the bridge would be there, no plan survives contact with the enemy indeed.

Yeah this is proof ISG and tripod stuff should stick to the early middle of the war because the mobility and tension without being deleted instantly by a tripod weapon is well, more fun.

It was drat terrifying seeing seven or eight Colonial soldiers pressing us in every direction, a shame it was babbies first BB because if an experienced builder with BMATS put that thing up we'd have had no problem. Instead we got WINDOWS in the rear core facing a connector trench.

Funnily enough I ventilated at least seven or eight Colonials trying to cheese that and shoot in.

And we've taken Abandoned Ward so we can dance like lemmings around that statue because our faction has no other hobbies apparently. Aparting from dying to ISG fire.

So yeah, planning and working with the small Indie Warden clas grouped up is working out well for us. The Colonials that switched have helped. Lets keep on keeping on.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Hour 1 of the war in our theatre was a little disheartening, but we managed to at least not lose anything we started with.

Later in the evening, we developed a 3 prong push as GOON & Sigma pushed east from The Spine toward's Iron End, drawing at least 2 armored cars from the Colonial defense of Abandoned Ward, and at times actually being inside the relic base.

RoCs pushed eastward from Tarsal, eventually reaching the plaza and blowing up both northern bridges into Abandoned Ward.

CL at the same time did the traditional southern push via the invulnerable southern bridge, and the three pronged attack slowly but surely strangled away the gains in Deadlands colonials had made earlier in the day.

The North absolutely rocked the house, capturing two major VPs (and T3 logistics towns) in the first six hours of the war: Ogmaran and Tine.

The Southern front initially stalled a bit but by the end of the day captured the neutral relic in umbral of Atropos but also Hermit's Rest, and remained stable in Shackled Chasm & Acrithia.

At the end of the first day it was an absolutely astoundingly good day 1 of the war for Wardens on every single front, the likes of which I honestly have yet to see, even in the stomp that was War 82.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
" Hey we got all these shirts....lets deliver them somewhere! "

Drive 4 hexes with three trucks to arrive at a BB thats about to run out of shirts and goons yell " OH THANK GOD ITS GOON LOGI! ".

Got showered with commends.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Finally jumped in this yesterday with goons after trying it out in war 83. I played for longer than I’d like to admit.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Wolfy posted:

Finally jumped in this yesterday with goons after trying it out in war 83. I played for longer than I’d like to admit.

Keep going! Game is fun.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Karma got me, campaigns of me pointing and laughing at vehicles caught in the giant old shell craters that decorate The Pitts has decended as me and two other goons found our truck trapped in one on the flank of the active front line.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MaxPowers posted:

" Hey we got all these shirts....lets deliver them somewhere! "

Drive 4 hexes with three trucks to arrive at a BB thats about to run out of shirts and goons yell " OH THANK GOD ITS GOON LOGI! ".

Got showered with commends.

Aren't we supposed to be on logi strike?

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Karma got me, campaigns of me pointing and laughing at vehicles caught in the giant old shell craters that decorate The Pitts has decended as me and two other goons found our truck trapped in one on the flank of the active front line.

People keep letting me drive trucks and end up surprised when I get us into trouble.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Look you got to screw up to learn. At least it was a truck, I've lost RMAT gear to the weird shellhole and trench husk physical hitbox edges multiple times.

Volmarias posted:

Logistics to general public is discouraged, but clans can do what they want because how the gently caress will you police clans?

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Carcer posted:

People keep letting me drive trucks and end up surprised when I get us into trouble.

I’ve driven a flat bed carrying a full shipping container right off the docks at a very busy logi hub in front of like twenty people.

I just logged out in embarrassment.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Getting stuff stuck in the pits in The Pits has been going on since day 1 of this game. At least now you can possibly crane it out.

This screenshot is from August 2018. For our recent joiners - yes, the game looked like this for quite some time.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
... it's actually surprising how little it seems to have changed.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

pokchu posted:

I’ve driven a flat bed carrying a full shipping container right off the docks at a very busy logi hub in front of like twenty people.

I just logged out in embarrassment.
I drove a Dunne full of supplies down to the goonbase and promptly drove it off a bridge. Fortunately goons were able to retrieve the stuff.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We certainly don't have level 2-3 Foxholes (they removed the last old style Foxhole before Entrenched) or the big gun AT AI (which I strongly suspect will return if they field any heavier newer tanks).

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

I like whatever the round things with the tarps over them are.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Those are ye olde level 2 Foxholes.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

I'm amazed we still can't move the chat window. I just assumed chat had been added in the last 3 months or something.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tonight I saved many lives as a Medic and even with Carcer's help a FMG from being captured by the Colonials under fire.

Like legit unlocked the drat thing under fire and carted it back, repaired, rearmed and scooted it out the way.

Knowing my luck later tonight somebody is going to waste that thing.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
At least we'll get some more use out of it. I teamed up with another guy on the flanks to take out an armored car that was probing our defences.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Pit saw some major Mammon rushes earlier by the Collies this morning when I was playing.

Hope our boys held on today

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

We did! The Goon BBs continue to be a menace. Meanwhile another group of Wardens crossed the river a little to the south.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
this is from idk like 7-11 am when i played earlier helping to hold that place

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
I've put aside my usual logi stuff in support of the logi strike. At first, I was at a loss at what to do. Driving trucks around and the dynamic supply chain was what drew me into the game and mostly what I did the for last two wars. So instead, I've had to pick up a rifle and shoot mans, a part of the game that I've been terrible at the few times I've tried...

The last couple of days have been the most fun I've had in the game. I've skulked behind enemy lines, shooting up their trucks, building sneaky watchtowers, spying on collie bases and skirmishing with their folks trying to hunt me and do the same to us. I've defended bases, faced down mammon rushes, supported other regiments in our hex, nailed a charging collie bayonet with the last shot of my pistol, fought in street combat in the Abandoned Ward (a place almost mythical to me because in the last two wars Wardens have never held it), and thrown so many mammons at enemy structures that I've already surpassed my damage totals in the last war.

I don't know when the logi strike will be over but it made me actually play the rest of the game and its fun (but much more fun because the goon regiment has a presence and people who enable all the cool stuff to happen.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Kore_Fero posted:

I've put aside my usual logi stuff in support of the logi strike. At first, I was at a loss at what to do. Driving trucks around and the dynamic supply chain was what drew me into the game and mostly what I did the for last two wars. So instead, I've had to pick up a rifle and shoot mans, a part of the game that I've been terrible at the few times I've tried...

The last couple of days have been the most fun I've had in the game. I've skulked behind enemy lines, shooting up their trucks, building sneaky watchtowers, spying on collie bases and skirmishing with their folks trying to hunt me and do the same to us. I've defended bases, faced down mammon rushes, supported other regiments in our hex, nailed a charging collie bayonet with the last shot of my pistol, fought in street combat in the Abandoned Ward (a place almost mythical to me because in the last two wars Wardens have never held it), and thrown so many mammons at enemy structures that I've already surpassed my damage totals in the last war.

I don't know when the logi strike will be over but it made me actually play the rest of the game and its fun (but much more fun because the goon regiment has a presence and people who enable all the cool stuff to happen.

Yeah, this war so far has been a blast, and goons are hitting numbers and activity levels that are allowing us to have a noticeable impact, as well as provide multiple effective playstyles for ourselves :)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh man that grave memorial is hilarious, I was going to post that. Tonight in the evening EU time wise apparently there is an offensive planned and we'll be joining in, discord has the details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Volmarias posted:

gently caress you and your commie union bullshit. I'll get flatbeds stuck for 45 minutes on some terrible map geometry, get a whole boat stuck in a warehouse after using /unstuck, lose entire trucks full of supplies I worked on for the last 3 hours on the boarders because we cant build there but you sure as hell can get killed there if I want to. Tell me how to waste my god drat time, gently caress outa here.