Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude is infinitely better at Snolf than I am a Sonic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

'OH yeah sonic block. You've got this, which you watched for some reason, then you've got...'

Nearly snorted coffee.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Extremely jealous of this runner's Gengar plush mountain.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Drifting?

COUNTER-DRIFTING?

... along the walls??

:vince:

:sanix: :sanix: :sanix:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

my slow robot tails son

Snolf was fun to watch and this run is pretty good too! It's kind of weird to see a racing game where you don't have like go karts or planes or porsches or whatever, it's just running :confused:

edit: i rescind my final comment based on jetpacks and Goku

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 12, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mad I passed out and missed this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SNOLF is awesome, but pretty much every Sonic game makes me wonder seriously about the people who insist Sonic games are their favourites.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The game was unspeakably awful, but big props to the runner for giving it a brave go.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

same, waiting for the youtube upload on that one since it sounded like it was rad.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

SNOLF is awesome, but pretty much every Sonic game makes me wonder seriously about the people who insist Sonic games are their favourites.

Right? Like even the older sonic games that people go 'these were the good ones' look underwhelming and awkward and the series has just so much bad jank. I don't understand how they become anybody's favorites aside from like 'I was 5 years old and an idiot and I never questioned my nostalgia'

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Agent355 posted:

same, waiting for the youtube upload on that one since it sounded like it was rad.

The twitch account page for GDQ has chapters (i.e. a bit before and after each game) within the recent broadcasts page (on desktop!)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I want to see a Snolf block where we run through all of them

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Can't believe they made a Snolf game where you run instead of golfing.

E: Surprise bonus Gengar%

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Agent355 posted:

Right? Like even the older sonic games that people go 'these were the good ones' look underwhelming and awkward and the series has just so much bad jank.

Yeah. I'm old enough to have been alive when Sonic 1 came out and I remember it looking AMAZING in Computer + Video Games, and sure enough, the game looked awesome and when you got to go fast it was insanely fun.

But then they'd designed like 80% of the game to make it so you can't actually go fast and then it's just a platformer with imprecise and floaty controls. And when they moved from 2D to 3D it all just went to poo poo and never recovered even a little bit.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Keizaron, Sonic and Ambercyprian as a Vtuber, great

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

That costume looks exactly as good as sonic games deserve.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
That is a fantastic Sonic costume, and chat knows it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

This is canon.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I realize only now that the big blue thing behind him is not a cushion or a back rest but his hair.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Barudak posted:

Thought we were talking about Rule of Rose for a second and that game sucked to the point where I would recommend against a physical copy.

Going way back but I would recommend against a physical copy because they run like $500 these days

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I'm a bit of GeoGuessr lover so I'm curious about that run, you can find yourself on a random remote Japanese island far from mainland Japan or high up in the Andes so interested to see how it goes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Why does this doom engine fangame look better than the actual 3d sonics?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

jarlywarly posted:

I'm a bit of GeoGuessr lover so I'm curious about that run, you can find yourself on a random remote Japanese island far from mainland Japan or high up in the Andes so interested to see how it goes.

I can only assume since it's marked as co-op, they could do it similarly than their first ever Geoguessr run on ESA, where it's sorta vetted seed. One of them will look at the actual location and try to tell the other where they are, so person number two can find it on the map.

Or maybe they will simply just do a two-man attempt on a perfect score. They have an hour for estimate, so it might be 5 minutes or not at all!

And yeah this Sonic game looks solid for 1998 (!) and runs great

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Agent355 posted:

It's incredible, someone modded THIS mod into a kart racer too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CViAOendAQ

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I actually don't hate the look of this and the fact that this is essentially running on the doom engine is impressive

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Agent355 posted:

One was made by a team of passionate developers who had genuine enthusiasm for their project, and the other is the actual 3d sonics.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I mean, if this weren't a sleedrunner doing this this game looks like it would be nightmarish

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Buckle up! Argick is back!

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Incredibly cursed individual.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just a reminder this was not intended to be Sonic 4 but sega thought it would help their mobile games sell better if they called it that because who gives a poo poo about brand or quality?

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
This is the Sonic costume they should have used in the live-action movie.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love Argick dancing whenever they clear a stage.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Barudak posted:

Just a reminder this was not intended to be Sonic 4 but sega thought it would help their mobile games sell better if they called it that because who gives a poo poo about brand or quality?

Well I mean... is it really that much worse than the "intended" Sonic games have been since ... uhh... Sonic Adventure?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sonic block ftwe once more

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
the camera setup is reminding me of like your allies in starfox buzzing in for whatever reason. Also wow Argick can commentate without breathing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that dash sound is so loud lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Well I mean... is it really that much worse than the "intended" Sonic games have been since ... uhh... Sonic Adventure?

Sonic Mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That abomination of a costume looming over the screen is amazing.