Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I searched all over my house for my cigarettes (don't smoke, kids) and couldn't find them anywhere.
I knew I had a full, just-opened pack, but they were nowhere to be found.
I looked in all my usual coat pockets, all of my dresser drawers, and even reached my hand behind the couch cushions just in case.
I finally assumed they disappered into the Twilight Zone, and put on my new jacket my parents gave me for Christmas, to go buy a new pack.
Lo and behold, they were in the right hand pocket of said jacket.
I forgot that I put on that particular clothing item last night when I went outside for a smoke.
So what I just figured out is that I am quite willing to accept that the Twilight Zone is a real and probable thing.
Thanks, Rod Serling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Woodsheds: you use them to store wood, so it stays dry.

Couple months ago:

Warehouses: they're where you house wares.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Woodsheds: you use them to store wood, so it stays dry.

Couple months ago:

Warehouses: they're where you house wares.

Just wait until you find out what wardrobes do!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
No one tell him where toothpaste comes from

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I had a friend years ago who would always tell the worst jokes.

One of them was:

"Why do you call it breakfast? Because it's when you break your fast!" :haw:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Captain Splendid posted:

I had a friend years ago who would always tell the worst jokes.

One of them was:

"Why do you call it breakfast? Because it's when you break your fast!" :haw:

I understand why you stopped being friends with them.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Samovar posted:

I understand why you stopped being friends with them.

Right about the time I replied with:

"Why do you call it a toothbrush, dipshit?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

Because you use it to toot your HBRUSHes?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Clarence posted:

Just wait until you find out what wardrobes do!

Where else am I gonna drobe all my wars?!?

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Today I discovered that twist-to-open tampon wrappers apparently have a right and a wrong way to twist them, and the fact that I'm left handed means that I twist them the wrong way, and this is why I've struggled with the bloody things for a decade and a half :bang:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lady Disdain posted:

Today I discovered that twist-to-open tampon wrappers apparently have a right and a wrong way to twist them, and the fact that I'm left handed means that I twist them the wrong way, and this is why I've struggled with the bloody things for a decade and a half :bang:

If they're already bloody when you open the package then something has gone very badly wrong

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Some day I hope we can finally have peacedrobes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Some day I hope we can finally have peacedrobes.

I just drobbed a peace in ur garderobe xd.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I searched all over my house for my cigarettes (don't smoke, kids) and couldn't find them anywhere.
I knew I had a full, just-opened pack, but they were nowhere to be found.
I looked in all my usual coat pockets, all of my dresser drawers, and even reached my hand behind the couch cushions just in case.
I finally assumed they disappered into the Twilight Zone, and put on my new jacket my parents gave me for Christmas, to go buy a new pack.
Lo and behold, they were in the right hand pocket of said jacket.
I forgot that I put on that particular clothing item last night when I went outside for a smoke.
So what I just figured out is that I am quite willing to accept that the Twilight Zone is a real and probable thing.
Thanks, Rod Serling.

No way Serling wouldn't have smoked them all.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Captain Splendid posted:

You know how you know the toothbrush was invented in Alabama? Anywhere else and it'd be a teethbrush

:v:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Lady Disdain posted:

This is what people should post in the schadenfreude thread, but I'm still waiting for them to figure out what the word means.

Also my stomach hurts now because I laughed to hard. Karma.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Lady Disdain posted:

Are they not lefty-loosey? I hate stuff that decides to do it backwards. I have some paint markers like that and accidentally start unscrewing them almost every time.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I think it just varies by brand. Some have arrows indicating direction, some don't have arrows so gently caress you just guess, some have a dotted line in the middle and it doesn't matter which way you twist.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
You have to figure out if your vagina is a left-hand corkscrew or righthand corkscrew and buy the appropriate brand.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

DrBouvenstein posted:

You have to figure out if your vagina is a left-hand corkscrew or righthand corkscrew and buy the appropriate brand.

"Intervaginal rifling" is the medical term

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Brawnfire posted:

"Intervaginal rifling"

I think I've seen that video

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

I think I've seen that video

The wierdest Forgotten Weapons episode yet.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Weembles posted:

The wierdest Forgotten Weapons episode yet.

Weapon of Choice is a music video

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I thought that was determined by growing up north or south of the equator. Or I was it side-sleeper versus back-sleeper? Sex ed at my school wasn't very good.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Is this why some people are born left-handed?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CellBlock posted:

Everyone's looking for their lobster

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tampons for ducks

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

CellBlock posted:

It's an adaption for living in Australia that sometimes shows up in the wrong places, like being a supertaster.

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

christmas boots posted:

Tampons for ducks

Don't be silly, everyone knows ducks use quaxi pads.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Why does being a supertaster help you live in Australia?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Try a Looncup

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

In the virgin/chad meme, chad doesn't have his head on backwards, and the bulge at his middle is supposed to be his dick, not his arse. His whole body is facing left, same as his head.

I was seeing the left foot as a right foot facing the other way, too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hyperlynx posted:

In the virgin/chad meme, chad doesn't have his head on backwards, and the bulge at his middle is supposed to be his dick, not his arse. His whole body is facing left, same as his head.

I was seeing the left foot as a right foot facing the other way, too.

His head is also the shape of the country

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Many cellars have TV and radio antenna outlets because they're also emergency shelters :doh: "remain indoors and listen to the public broadcast" is kinda hard without one if you're under ground.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
When you deign to do something you judge it worthy of action. If you disdain from something then you judge it unworthy of action. Both words are derived from the Old French deignier "to judge worthy", they just ended up spelled differently in English because English is a lovely mongrel language with no set rules.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/disdain
https://www.etymonline.com/word/deign

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

When you deign to do something you judge it worthy of action. If you disdain from something then you judge it unworthy of action. Both words are derived from the Old French deignier "to judge worthy", they just ended up spelled differently in English because English is a lovely mongrel language with no set rules.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/disdain
https://www.etymonline.com/word/deign

become ungrammarable. embrace chaos.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

become ungrammarable. embrace chaos.

Orthography isn't grammar.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can just gently pull apart cream cheese packets instead of messily ripping them open from one side like a savage.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

You can just gently pull apart cream cheese packets instead of messily ripping them open from one side like a savage.

Oh my GOD last week I was trying to pull apart a mozzarella cheese stick package, the kind that is like a slim Jim, and I spent a real five minutes trying to tear it in half at the top before I accidentally applied just a little force to the front face and found out the whole thing was seamed to open that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Oh my GOD last week I was trying to pull apart a mozzarella cheese stick package, the kind that is like a slim Jim, and I spent a real five minutes trying to tear it in half at the top before I accidentally applied just a little force to the front face and found out the whole thing was seamed to open that way.

bite the side about half way down with your canine then pull down and rip it open. remove cheese easily and enjoy.