Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

thehoodie posted:

gently caress I love nirvanna the band the show so much

I reckon, I reckon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they dropped the Kirby trailer because they had to make room in the imminent direct, for silksong

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1481289727646965761

quote:

Introducing! SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS' CLASH, a white-hot card fighting game for the NEOGEO POCKET COLOR (released in 1999), is coming to Nintendo Switch™!

Back then, SNK VS. CAPCOM: CARD FIGHTERS' CLASH was sold as two separate games; the SNK Cardfighter's Version and the CAPCOM Cardfighter's Version. But now, both have been combined into one game! There's nothing stopping you from collecting all the cards!

Wow, this is a heck of a surprise. Even just a port would be neat but it's very cool that they went the extra mile.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DLC Inc posted:

nobody does "gently caress it, here's a trailer for a game you barely know poo poo about, and it's out in 2 months" better than Nintendo

it's probably preferable to those years where everyone praised Sony for showing "nothing but games" at their E3 shows when it was like 75% pre-rendered teasers for games out in 2 years

nintendo does that sometimes (arguably with BOTW2) but i tend to like them showing stuff coming relatively soon.

also it was really funny during 2020 when everything was canceled so they just dropped the Paper Mario Origami King and Pikmin 3 trailers with zero leadup on Twitter

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

American McGay posted:

Woke: by getting the Kirby trailer out of the way now, they cleared out 3 minutes of space for even more cool trailers during the Nintendo direct that's happening in the next 2-6 weeks

Gotta make room for the next Bayonetta 3 trailer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Had a chance to watch the new Kirby trailer, and whoa! This game looks extremely good. Like its shot to the top of my most hyped games of 2022 list. It looks and reminds me so much of Mario Odyssey, which is my favorite Mario game ever. So I am really hyped for this now.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Srice posted:

Wow, this is a heck of a surprise. Even just a port would be neat but it's very cool that they went the extra mile.

Best game on the Switch just dropped.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Whether or not BotW is a "port", Nintendo at least learned their lesson from Twilight Princess and crippled both versions of the game so that years later people can't go back and say the Wii U version was clearly definitive.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh that Kirby game looks real good. Definitely looking forward to it!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
breath of the wild is not a port

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Srice posted:

The full description on the eshop makes it sound like it's still two separate games, they're just both included and let you trade with yourself

quote:

-You can trade between both the SNK and CAPCOM Cardfighters' Versions. What's more, you can even use their individual save data to have them battle each other!

*You may switch between the SNK Cardfighter's Version and CAPCOM Cardfighter's Version at any time, but each has their own save data.

Still cool though.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Srice posted:

I'm gonna wait because this probably means they're gonna be adding more NGPC ports, which could get compiled as Neo Geo Pocket Collection Volume 2

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

Everyone shut up, new kirby game is goty

https://youtu.be/RiPcRCWzcGo

Video Games is fed up with y'alls poo poo

drat. Ok this looks genuinely great. Like I remember how unimpressed I was with Star Allies when I saw it (still bought it eventually and enjoyed it thoroughly, but it's not really a top tier Kirby), but this looks delightful. It reminds me of Crystal Shards somehow, and I've always had a real soft spot for that game.

It's not a Day 1 purchase or anything, but if I ever knock my backlog to reasonable levels, it's definitely a voucher candidate.

Bust Rodd posted:

They announced the Ezio Auditore trilogy coming to Switch!!! Holy gently caress, an Assassin’s Creed game I might buy in 2022!!!

Haha nice. I don't want this but I will absolutely get them because there are fewer things chiller than finding radar marked poo poo in AC games. Like I won't buy 3 but I'm tempted every so often because I just enjoy doing it. Pirates edition took me all summer but I had a nice time doing it.

Oscar Wild posted:

Tiny metal is 7.50 in the US store. Is it a better advance wars clone than War groove? Smaller maps and achievable turn based strategy? Or should I just wait for advance wars?

Isn't it due in a month or two? Tiny Metal never seemed that good, and I never bought it, at this point I'd just wait for the real McCoy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Kirby got a gat

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Looks like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is free to try for NSO members until 01/20.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s long enough to beat it eight times pretty generous

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Postman posted:

Looks like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is free to try for NSO members until 01/20.

thank you nintendo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
captain toad is poggers

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Postman posted:

Oh great! I had my eye on that waiting for a sale and then it went on sale and I still wasn't sure about it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hatty posted:

That’s long enough to beat it eight times pretty generous

Clearly you've never tried the sticker toad challenges.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I can't believe they gave Mario Kirby a loving gun

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
On a long enough timeline, all Nintendo characters get a motorcycle and a gun

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kirby has been using guns since kirby's adventure

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
When will Kirby die at the hand of sephiroth?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

When will Kirby die at the hand of sephiroth?

Kirby is a literal god. He can't be killed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Postman posted:

Can I buy the DLC and apply it to this trial?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kirby: You cannot kill me in a way that matters, puyo.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The plot apparently involves rescuing Waddle Dees from a group called the Beast Pack:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-release-date-trailer-nintendo-switch/

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Srice posted:

So what's this game like? I generally like card games so I'm intrigued, though I don't have any nostalgia for 90s-era fighting games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Whether or not BotW is a "port", Nintendo at least learned their lesson from Twilight Princess and crippled both versions of the game so that years later people can't go back and say the Wii U version was clearly definitive.

:rolleyes:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I will rescue every single Waddle Dee from the group called the Beast Pack

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's kinda true tho. The entire concept of a "Sheika Slate" is clearly designed around a WiiU gamepad and they stripped all second screen map/inventory functionality from the WiiU version so that it was equal of the Switch version.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How fortunate the switch basically has the exact same form factor.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A launch game was in the works before launch day? And there were revisions to accommodate for the specs of the new console?

How horrible. An honest company would only start working on games after their console was released.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

WarpDogs posted:

I will rescue every single Waddle Dee from the group called the Beast Pack

Bandanna Waddle Dee is apparently also playable via 2 player co-op (not sure about the single player mode though).

Also curious if Dedede and/or Meta Knight will show up as well

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Meta Knight is in the trailer, dawg.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kirby star allies was not very good but man I am excited for 3d Kirby with a gun. Still gonna wait for reviews on this one tho

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Kirby in a pith helmet blasting locals with a blunderbuss so he can steal treasure.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Larryb posted:

The plot apparently involves rescuing Waddle Dees from a group called the Beast Pack:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-release-date-trailer-nintendo-switch/

Waiting for the inevitable gang war with the Squeak Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Meta Knight is in the trailer, dawg.

I must have missed him then, where did he show up?

Also since the plot involves Waddle Dees being abducted I assume Dedede will get involved somehow since that’s a large majority of his workforce