Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i'm imagining some 40-50 year old dude trying to do the monkey or gangham style, and asking yelling at some chick in her 20s: "YOU KNOW, EVOLUTIONARY PSYCHOLOGY SAYS SOMEONE OF YOUR FERTILITY LEVEL IS NATURALLY ATTRACTED TO MEN SUCH AS MYSELF :smug: "

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For real, though, who's pushing 'woke' stuff specifically at clubs where you can't even hear things?

this is the primary reason why i don't do clubs, especially since i developed tinnitus a few years ago :smith:

i get the dancing and drinking and such, but how do people like this poo poo when it's so painful to your ears and you can't even talk to the person next to you without yelling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

So that friend I talked about 60 or so pages back who recommended I read 12 Rules recently complained on Facebook about how he, a married father cresting 40, somehow can't stand nightclubs anymore, and it's because of "all this woke stuff" and the "constant moralizing" found in social events these days, especially among the younger generation.

Early-onset Boomer Brain is a hell of a thing.

Anyway, back to drug talk.

I'm guessing maybe it's the wall that's painted with the rules of the club that a lot of clubs have on the front before you go in?

That or he's too old and never moved on from that scene?

Geisladisk posted:

I relate to this.
:respek:
Yeah every now and then when I hear through my parents how that guy is doing I'm thankful that I am allergic.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mr Interweb posted:

i get the dancing and drinking and such, but how do people like this poo poo when it's so painful to your ears and you can't even talk to the person next to you without yelling?

Short answer is that the dancing and music is the focus, and also that louder music is literally more exciting to your brain. This is very easy to overdo, though. There are definitely clubs where - through really meticulous room treatment and soundsystem tuning - the sound is powerful but not so overbearing that you need to scream to hear one another. It's a treat to be in a space like that. Most places aren't, so having a set of tuned earplugs can make a huge difference.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
One of my best buds isn't really an internetty person, and recently started mentioning he watched a JORP video or two and it had good info in it. I mentioned it was bog standard life advice poo poo, and that he was a giant douchebag hypocrite drug addict, and he wasn't invested enough to tell me "you're just taking him out of context", he was actually like "what? Really? gently caress that guy"

Phew

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Clubs are too loud I say as my mom tells me to turn my sweet as gently caress marshall stacks down and no they have never left the garage where I live.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Mr Interweb posted:

You might be able to have sex with the attractive person you're yelling at

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

MakaVillian posted:

Or get into a fight with a bunch of the men outside who didn't get laid after the bar closes. That counts as fun right?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's definitely one of the two

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Any time I've ever gone anywhere with the intention of "meeting women" I've had a terrible time, lovely sweaty loud club or not.

I've also been to clubs and just had a fun time with my friends, which incidentally caused me to meet women. Somehow I've never been punched in the face, despite having a very punchable face or so I'm told. A friend of mine has had dudes start fights with him or sucker punch him a few times out of nowhere, he's not a violent or aggressive guy. Yet here I am smarmy mcsmugface trying to be self destructive and nobody wants to pop me?
There's no justice in the world.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

yes but surely you could meet up with and sex with an attractive person at other venues that won't make you go deaf

in other news, jorp bailed on his interview that was planned with kyle kulinski because OF COURSE that was gonna happen :lol:

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

The Fattest PI posted:

I've also been to clubs and just had a fun time with my friends, which incidentally caused me to meet women. Somehow I've never been punched in the face, despite having a very punchable face or so I'm told. A friend of mine has had dudes start fights with him or sucker punch him a few times out of nowhere, he's not a violent or aggressive guy. Yet here I am smarmy mcsmugface trying to be self destructive and nobody wants to pop me?

My above-mentioned Jorp fan friend's bachelor party (which was just drinking at six different bars) ended with most of us pulling him off of another guy none of us knew well but somehow got invited to the event. All night the two of them are doing some progressively-drunk political opinion posturing which, by 1am or so, resulted in a shoving match outside the last bar. And that's how his bachelor party ended because the rest of us decided that the night was lost.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Did he blame his night on the chaos dragons

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Wow, what would you even say if you saw Jorp at a club?!

I'd piss on his face to communicate as lobster-ishly as possible

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Fattest PI posted:

Any time I've ever gone anywhere with the intention of "meeting women" I've had a terrible time, lovely sweaty loud club or not.

Feels like 'nights out' have become entirely performative posturing where no one wants to admit it stopped being any fun when cocaine got too expensive.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Feels like 'nights out' have become entirely performative posturing where no one wants to admit it stopped being any fun when cocaine got too expensive.

This but getting tired of being hungover every weekend.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mister Speaker posted:

I'm in some sort of terrible funk right now and very afraid for the future on so many levels, but something that always cheers me up a bit is responding to any of Peterson's tweets with "shut up old man."

my twitter got suspended because I responded to one of his tweets mocking his drug coma. The jokes on twitter though, that site is garbage.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That stuff amazes me. Jorp and the legion of right idiot followers can spend all day on Twitter wondering if anyone Jewish is a real person or whether someone who is trans deserves the right to life, then they'll scream about being silenced on social media. Call this jackass lobster daddy and watch your account go up in smoke.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

bird food bathtub posted:

That stuff amazes me. Jorp and the legion of right idiot followers can spend all day on Twitter wondering if anyone Jewish is a real person or whether someone who is trans deserves the right to life, then they'll scream about being silenced on social media. Call this jackass lobster daddy and watch your account go up in smoke.

Every single aspect of American society is weighted to favor right wing idiots. It fuckin sucks

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordan

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
George Michael Jordan Peterson

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

kntfkr posted:

George Michael Jordan Peterson

I like dat one

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jan Michael Vincent "Jan Hammer" J. Peepeepoopooson

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jordan ""Frank "The Big Hurt" Thomas" Peterson

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ethan klein (h3h3) has removed his interviews with jorp and is currently on the warpath:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1482201507235864576?t=6rMioWfstmiIlu7XVPP9rA&s=19
https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1482250122008293381
https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1482251677960859656
https://twitter.com/h3h3productions/status/1482255016769380353

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Conversation therapy lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

grandstanding about conversation therapy from the OM of Canada

the foremost intellectual of our times

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Conversation therapy should definitely be banned if you have to have the conversation with Jordan Peterson.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if i had a conversation with jorp id need therapy just to unpack all the trauma from the stupidity

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Besides the Conversion Therapy thing did Ethan not know about any of this before?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

No all of this info is brand new how could he have known.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Besides the Conversion Therapy thing did Ethan not know about any of this before?

ethan is a huge idiot that parrots what he just heard. the fact he doesnt like jorp is pretty surprising

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
He hangs out with Hasan and Sam Seder so he's not all bad but could nobody on his video production team have googled Jordo?

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1482208474624892929

Jesus Christ, Jorp. Man up.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

jfc jorp that's such a pathetic series of tweets lol

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Also, saw this in the rogues gallery of Adam Carollas and Bret Weintsteins below Jorp's tweet:

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenChen/status/1482118479973134340

I haven't watched much of Lauren Chen, but gawddam does she have an amazing knack for milquetoast poo poo-stirring.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

Also, saw this in the rogues gallery of Adam Carollas and Bret Weintsteins below Jorp's tweet:

https://twitter.com/TheLaurenChen/status/1482118479973134340

I haven't watched much of Lauren Chen, but gawddam does she have an amazing knack for milquetoast poo poo-stirring.

Never heard of her, lemme click her profile

Yowzers those are some spicy takes

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Who What Now posted:

Never heard of her, lemme click her profile

Yowzers those are some spicy takes

look, asians are good in one area over white people, as opposed to nearly everything else, thus racism doesn't exist

it's called LOGIC and SCIENCE

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:lmao:

https://twitter.com/alittlebritish/status/1482228475595575300

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"I refuse to participate in cancel culture" says man who literally tried to get a website going where you could register college professors who taught critical thought antithetical to whatever Jorp and his acolytes believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

mojo1701a posted:

"I refuse to participate in cancel culture" says man who literally tried to get a website going where you could register college professors who taught critical thought antithetical to whatever Jorp and his acolytes believe.

HateMyProfessor