Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/1ZKR25o.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://i.imgur.com/KRlOS51.mp4

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

thats a big sugar cube

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/QiNLtdw.mp4

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

now reel it in

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I appreciate the red circle pointing out the shark.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know why so many videos lack sound these days? I see many videos getting reposted here and it is 50/50 if they have sound even when I know there exists versions of the video that has sound. Is there some popular converting tool that strips sounds or something?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Helicarpter needs some more R&D it seems.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

Does anyone know why so many videos lack sound these days? I see many videos getting reposted here and it is 50/50 if they have sound even when I know there exists versions of the video that has sound. Is there some popular converting tool that strips sounds or something?

Yes. Imgur. For some dumb rear end reason it disables sound by default when you upload.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

What is even the goal here?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zesty posted:

They're terminating the cable. The chopper is keeping it taut.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

How do they intend on getting it out? I feel like the hydraulics won’t work and if they do it will just overbalance the truck.

A complete lack of closed toed shoes, proper lifting techniques or anything amounting to safety on this “How tennis balls are made” video. I thought the guy doing glue had gloves on but his hands are just coated in the glue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFR0YdFfQtM

From the recommended vids I got this one on Wilson tennis balls, which shows them being made in a factory operating to much higher standards. Much less manual labour and osha than the previous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovalwd7VZLU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zesty posted:

The goal is to overstress the cable so that it snaps, springs back, gets wrapped in the rotor, and crashes the helicopter. Pretty standard stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/XSJsaKP.mp4

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Indestructible Rectangles in XEVIOUS, seldom-seen side angle.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Worst bidet ever.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Scratch Monkey posted:

The goal is to overstress the cable so that it snaps, springs back, gets wrapped in the rotor, and crashes the helicopter. Pretty standard stuff.

Yeah, little known fact but most helicopters yearn for this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wesleywillis posted:

Helicarpter needs some more R&D it seems.

*pushes up glasses*

technically it's a gyrocarpter

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

hawowanlawow posted:

*pushes up glasses*

Automobilegyro

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

hawowanlawow posted:

*pushes up glasses*

*pushes up glasses more*
I think you'll find the proper term is auto(mobile)gyro.

Edit: ^^^ Well poo poo.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Actually, it's a wrecked piece of poo poo.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

I think this might be edited.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

TjyvTompa posted:

You can usually right-click the video and there will be an option to unmute

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

He was asking to get cornholed.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Yeah, I had that toy as a kid too, it sucked.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

A real autogyro.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

A real autogyro.

it ought to gyro, but...

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it ought to gyro, but...

"Autogyro, what's an autogyro?"

"It's what you auto not do, but you do any way."

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

mkvltra posted:

You can usually right-click the video and there will be an option to unmute

Of course I know that, I meant the videos that get posted with the sound completely stripped. But as someone already answered, it's imgur that is doing it.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cthulu Carl posted:

"Autogyro, what's an autogyro?"

"It's what you auto not do, but you do any way."

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

No lathes?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I had to go rewatch that entire bit again and it's great. I also love that David Lee Roth recorded a line for the song. There's speculation as to whether or not he played the monk that said it (i think it's him) but it is 100% him saying the line regardless. ("Who knows Torq, you might win a buck!")

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Mutilation is the next aisle over.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

ChesterJT posted:

After you see what happens, you spend every second of each subsequent loop yelling NO DONT ADJUST THAT GET THE gently caress OUT until he's safe again.

The look on his face afterwards, my god.

Take a look at the back of his coat in the final frames and compare it to the start. That elevator physically grazed and shaved that coat. That's how close that was.

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, little known fact but most helicopters yearn for this.

Na, it's pretty well known that the only thing a helicopter desires more than flying is to slam into the ground and convert itself into a pile of high velocity shrapnel.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

The YugoGyro never really took off. :rimshot:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

A real autogyro.

Lol.

Amusingly (but not for the pilot), the Nazi Navy and the Imperial Japanese Navy had something like a kite helicopter as a scout vehicle for submarines during WW2.

Tiny folding aircraft. Imagine the chassis of a light sport plane with a rotor on top, no engine and towed on a line.

The idea was, you'd have to cruise on the surface to recharge batteries and identify targets. This puts the sub very low in the water, low enough that you'd be at a servere disadvantage in visibility versus your prey or hunter.

Unfold the kite, tow it behind and above, the guy up there tells you what he sees. Fine when it's a target, but what happens when you are the target?

Cut it loose and hope the enemy picks the pilot up out of the water. Sorry, bye.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It took me a while to register that the gyroauto's not just any car, it's a Reliant Robin. Is there some kind of "make Robin even more unsafe" contest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAW8Dz98wTo

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Iymarra posted:

Unsure if this is the right place to ask but I'm looking to get into health and safety inspection / practice and have taken a couple of certificates in the UK. Having completed an IOSH Working and IOSH Managing course, I'm heading next for a NEBOSH general certificate. Since I'm in the UK but looking to work in the USA in the future with my husband, I take it that it'd be more practical to do the NEBOSH international general certificate?

Hey so your question kinda got overlooked with all the attention to the falling-elevator guy, sorry. Tbh this thread is more about mocking poor worksite safety than anything actually helpful.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

DRINK ME posted:

How do they intend on getting it out? I feel like the hydraulics won’t work and if they do it will just overbalance the truck.

A complete lack of closed toed shoes, proper lifting techniques or anything amounting to safety on this “How tennis balls are made” video. I thought the guy doing glue had gloves on but his hands are just coated in the glue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFR0YdFfQtM

From the recommended vids I got this one on Wilson tennis balls, which shows them being made in a factory operating to much higher standards. Much less manual labour and osha than the previous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovalwd7VZLU

I found a volleyball equivalent of that lovely factory. Check out 1:00 with that massive fly wheel and the worker keeping his hands inside the press as he engages it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqaTQNyFF4M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nenonen posted:

It took me a while to register that the gyroauto's not just any car, it's a Reliant Robin. Is there some kind of "make Robin even more unsafe" contest?

I would guess top gear