Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i can’t imagine lynch has any idea what an nft is. it sounds like the kind of thing that explaining would give him a migraine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I'm willing to bet he does not

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would put $100 on Lynch not knowing or wanting to know what a NFT is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Somebody told him it was money... but on the astral plane! and he was like,"Okay sign me up!"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, saw this on Twitter:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Lynch having James sing that loving song at the Roadhouse is proof that Lynch is always loving with the audience.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Saw Fire Walk with Me at the Texas Theatre last night with Harry Goaz, Sherilyn Fenn, and Sheryl Lee there for a Q&A afterwords.

Seeing the movie on the big screen was awesome. The Q&A was awkward and bad, as they always are. Sherilyn Fenn did most of the talking, and was saying some pretty interesting stuff. She clearly loves David, but said he didn't want her to do Boxing Helena, and "yelled at her" for it, and also "yelled at her" when he called her up to be in Fire Walk with Me but she was unavailable shooting Of Mice and Men. She also said she fought until her role in the return was rewritten, and said she thought how Audrey ended up was because David was angry with her. She did say that in the end he told her she was right and he liked how her part turned out, though. I would really, really like to know what Lynch originally had written for Audrey.

Goaz didn't speak much, because most of the inane questions were for Fenn and Lee, but he seemed like a class act. He said he tried to take his deputy belt home from the set after season 1, but got a letter from a lawyer demanding he bring it back. Lee seemed pretty tired and didn't speak much either, she couldn't remember poo poo about the show lol

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 7, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

That’s pretty cool, but I think Q and A’s should be banned. They’re always terrible. Not too surprised Sheryl Lee doesn’t remember much considering she’s not really in the show that much.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

hawowanlawow posted:

Sherilyn Fenn did most of the talking, and was saying some pretty interesting stuff. She clearly loves David, but said he didn't want her to do Boxing Helena, and "yelled at her" for it, and also "yelled at her" when he called her up to be in Fire Walk with Me but she was unavailable shooting Of Mice and Men. She also said she fought until her role in the return was rewritten, and said she thought how Audrey ended up was because David was angry with her. She did say that in the end he told her she was right and he liked how her part turned out, though. I would really, really like to know what Lynch originally had written for Audrey.

I got to meet Sherilyn Fenn a while back while working and she’s hilarious and very sweet. Though I can see why she’d be a bit of a firecracker to work with - definitely not a pushover. IIRC the original part for Audrey in season 3 was just her getting beat up by Richard Horne, which…is understandably lame. The arc she ended up with was bizarre and wonderful, and I’m glad she fought for it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sherilyn Fenn's Instagram is pretty wild. She seems like a really sweet and kind person, but also someone you don't want to cross.

Much like Audrey.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

https://youtu.be/FfrEwPA7ung

God that scene with Ed and Norma is just fantastic. Everett McGill’s little facial expressions and then the very slight smile. One of my favorite little scenes from S3.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Dean Stockwell has died. That suave gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wa27 posted:

Dean Stockwell has died. That suave gently caress.

Here's to his gently caress :smith:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Those scenes when Coop finally wakes up are the best.

I am the FBI.

No wonder Janey-E couldn’t look away.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/Seinpeaks/status/1459524921017647111?t=uH3FbSChPl3l0zKCsPH7Iw&s=19

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Those scenes when Coop finally wakes up are the best.

I am the FBI.

No wonder Janey-E couldn’t look away.

Gas up the jet we're going to Spokane!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kakasi_2020/status/1459816802096058370?s=21

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Finally finished my rewatch. Biggest difference for me is that when I saw the ending for the first time, I really wanted more Twin Peaks. I hated that the cliffhanger ending was going to be it for TP. Now I feel like it actually is a mostly satisfying ending, although not the ending I had hoped for or expected. Also the driving scenes didn’t seem to go on for so long.

I managed to see the last two episodes in a theater, which made that ending scream absolutely chilling.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The end of The Return? How'd you manage that??

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

One of the guys at a large independent theater in Chicago was having a secret showing. It was free and started at like 10. I think he either downloaded the episodes or just streamed it from Showtime. The picture was still good on the big screen, so he must have a had a very high quality copy. It was worth waiting a couple extra hours to see it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

One of the guys at a large independent theater in Chicago was having a secret showing. It was free and started at like 10. I think he either downloaded the episodes or just streamed it from Showtime. The picture was still good on the big screen, so he must have a had a very high quality copy. It was worth waiting a couple extra hours to see it.
They aired in 4K so that would have worked fine

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

I managed to see the last two episodes in a theater, which made that ending scream absolutely chilling.

That's amazing. Jealous!

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Wow that's awesome. I can't imagine how cool Twin Peaks would look on the big screen, totally immersed in it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea it was pretty awesome. I don’t know if this guy was doing it for the whole series or just the final two episodes. The theater had some major Lynch fans working there, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they were doing it the whole time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8biyY3trpc

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
And now you're just a stranger's dream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUboLZx3Tk

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I just finished watching everything. I enjoyed it a lot, and think about it really often. One image that comes back a lot is Lil and her sour face, I thought that was such a cool moment.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
introducing me to the chromatics was a v good thing david lynch did, thanks dave

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I introduced this series to my mom a couple months ago and tonight we binged the last few episodes. I know some of these questions probably don’t have confirmed answers but I’d like to know if anybody has any theories.

1. How did the ring inscribed to Janey-E end up in the stomach of Major Briggs? I assume the loss of head was through one of the evil entities like Judy/a Woodsman. I’m a little unclear on the timeline of Briggs after the first series.

2. This viewing made me pretty confident in thinking that the Audrey we saw was a tulpa herself. But if that’s going to work, why was she created? What would her purpose be? She seemed extremely focused on Billy, whoever he is, and not at all concerned about her son and I assume that was an intentional choice.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1475966376506380290

If you don't own this set already for whatever reason!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Less than two days left to contribute to the TVIV decade poll thread! Pick your 10-20 favourite shows of the decade and write like a sentence minimum about each one! Can we get TP over the top? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3975091

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Word going around town is that David Lynch will refuse to check the weather if we incorrectly don't chose it as the Top Show of the Decade! Will you let yourself have that blood on your hands? :mad:

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I have the Twin Peaks Limited Series dvd, but I'm starting to eye the full Television Collection. Is there new special features or extra content that the Limited Series set doesn't have, or should I just get the cheaper Gold Box dvd if I want a physical copy of the original show?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

Word going around town is that David Lynch will refuse to check the weather if we incorrectly don't chose it as the Top Show of the Decade! Will you let yourself have that blood on your hands? :mad:

Top show of the decade: David Lynch checking the weather. Got it. Can't really argue with that.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I introduced this series to my mom a couple months ago and tonight we binged the last few episodes. I know some of these questions probably don’t have confirmed answers but I’d like to know if anybody has any theories.

1. How did the ring inscribed to Janey-E end up in the stomach of Major Briggs? I assume the loss of head was through one of the evil entities like Judy/a Woodsman. I’m a little unclear on the timeline of Briggs after the first series.

2. This viewing made me pretty confident in thinking that the Audrey we saw was a tulpa herself. But if that’s going to work, why was she created? What would her purpose be? She seemed extremely focused on Billy, whoever he is, and not at all concerned about her son and I assume that was an intentional choice.

1. I really don’t know and I’m upset that thesearchforthezone.com is no longer up

2. So, spoilers for the canon novels, after the explosion at the bank, Audrey was in a coma for awhile where she got pregnant and gave birth to Richard. She ran a salon for a few years and then closed up shop and became real reclusive. Nobody really knows what happened to her. There are a few theories, but the one I go back to is that Audrey is in some sort of institution and is hallucinating or dreaming all the scenes with the husband. It’s very dream logic’y with the repetition and not seeming to be able to go to the place you’re trying to. And then the announcer guy calling her out by name once they finally get there. Her “coming to” in the white room dressed in white are where people get the institution idea from.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Audrey got done real dirty in s03, it's the only blot on the season

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Audrey being a Tulpa is definitely the impression I got after a rewatch and I used to have a whole crackpot theory typed up with supporting evidence and comparisons to Laura/Carrie and I have since completely forgotten it

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i took audrey's plot as being in relation to the return's theme of how "you can't go back" in that all she wants is to go back, and she can't, and it is driving her crazy. maybe that's too simple a read. but also i don't really care what's "real" or not with her storyline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i took audrey's plot as being in relation to the return's theme of how "you can't go back" in that all she wants is to go back, and she can't, and it is driving her crazy. maybe that's too simple a read. but also i don't really care what's "real" or not with her storyline
that's literally it lol gently caress all the hokey timeline theories