Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I remember that.

The 90's were wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I think it was mentioned in that Trekkies documentary from the late 90s

In other news.

https://twitter.com/smirnoff_sprite/status/1481321453287006221?s=20

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I remember this. I always thought she really, really wanted out of jury duty.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Those bailiffs are asleep at the wheel, she's carrying a Type 1 phaser into court!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I remember this. I always thought she really, really wanted out of jury duty.

I feel like if you really wanted out of the Whitewater jury you could just talk loudly about Vince Foster (or was that later, my 90s timeline is all messed up).

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Those bailiffs are asleep at the wheel, she's carrying a Type 1 phaser into court!

She's leaving the building, maybe they confiscated it on her way in and gave it back.

e: if they did, bravo, good bit

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

I'm very disappointed in the newspaper headline.

She's very clearly a lieutenant commander, not a cadet.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Was hoping for something less expensive for what is basically “hard hall”.

Appreciate the link though and gently caress it who cares it’s 2022, everyone getting cheese lungs

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have that blue ball and it is really great

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Pron on VHS posted:

nothing great about blue ball bro, get that thing succed on

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Your seal of approval makes me more confident about this purchase.

Thank you friend.

How are you and the family holding up? You shared that y’all had to move out of the house due to unexpected job changes. How are y’all doing in the pandemic?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Played through the entirety of The Forgotten City while at home sick yesterday. I give it my seal of approval.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Ornery, thank you for checking in. We are doing okay, riding it out in the house and hoping my wife can land a job by summer. Her citizenship interview is coming next week which will help out a lot if she passes. This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Forrest on Fire posted:

Twitter was pissing me off so I did A Hobby. My hobby is coaching college students to deliver public speeches.

It's kind of insane how the human brain can fixate on doom until you give it a single distraction. Telling college students they don't understand what/how state owned industry does/functions is the dumbest seratonin release.

I have like 87 hobbies and can never decide which ones I want to scale down to and make my Real Hobbies and then I just deadlock and don’t do any and binge Netflix.

But I did get out into the garage and let my jet heater rip and started doing cool stuff to my Sportster which was fun and nostalgic, even if it’s about to start costing me lots of money I don’t really have!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Ornery, thank you for checking in. We are doing okay, riding it out in the house and hoping my wife can land a job by summer. Her citizenship interview is coming next week which will help out a lot if she passes. This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

That question is impossible. I studied that early American stuff and I don’t remember.

I’m rooting for you, friend.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
You’d know it if you consumed enough Hamilton

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

This civics exam has some tough questions, like knowing who the authors of the Federalist papers are.

I wanted to ask too but didn't want to like, butt in if you didn't want to share. Glad things are at least okish.

I lost hard at John Jay on this question thinking about it before looking it up. Not at all a new observation but those exams are very dumb if they're what every American is expected to know, I was kind of surprised I picked Hamilton and Madison out of every other old name that should matter to anyone other than history geeks. poo poo and this is an oral test where you answer 20 of basically 120 trivia questions. Jesus, good luck. It's not that hard to find the answers with study but just not stumbling over a question seems very hard.

e: or Broadway Musical geeks apparently.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

lol really

If I remember correctly from when my wife got her citizenship they pick three questions at random from a set of 50, and most of them are total meatballs. I remember she had some sort of cheat sheet recording that she found on YouTube or downloaded that helped her memorize the answers, I'll ask her if she still remembers it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah some of the other questions are also tricky. They ask you for the 3 rights guaranteed in the Declaration of Independence, and my wife was rightfully very confused why both the Constitution and the D of Ind guarantee civil rights. I had to tell her that the D of Ind is just a long whiny letter, and not binding law at all, no one has the right to happiness for example.

edit: C-Euro for us its 10 random questions picked from a bank of 100, you have to answer 6 right.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

edit: C-Euro for us its 10 random questions picked from a bank of 100, you have to answer 6 right.

Oh you're right, I remember now.

I asked the missus and she crammed using this and got all ten of hers right:
https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/the-2020-version-of-the-civics-test/study-for-the-test-2020-version

Audio only:
https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-r...io-2020-version

This is a woman who two weeks ago asked me what "right-wing" meant so I have every confidence that your wife will do well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I feel like I could probably pass a citizenship test, but I wouldn't bet on getting more than the minimum amount right.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

There’s many an editor who has enlivened a slow news day by sending a junior reporter out to the town square to spring citizen ship test questions on unsuspecting passers by.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm so tired of selection criteria, I don't want to tell you about a time I was a good team player

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Freaquency posted:

There’s many an editor who has enlivened a slow news day by sending a junior reporter out to the town square to spring citizen ship test questions on unsuspecting passers by.

I mean, this was basically the entire concept of Jaywalking when Leno hosted The Tonight Show.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Was hoping for something less expensive for what is basically “hard hall”.

Appreciate the link though and gently caress it who cares it’s 2022, everyone getting cheese lungs

It's a stupid thing to buy. Just get a foam roller for like 5 bucks off amazon. Back pain is associated with breaking calcium deposits but the root of the issue is usually exercise focusing on the muscle groups around the pain. If you're serious about addressing it work on that and look up some decent stretches for associated areas. Don't get fooled into these stupid massage balls.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I'm so tired of selection criteria, I don't want to tell you about a time I was a good team player

I think you’re a great team player and I look forward to hearing about your success in landing a new, better job in the near future.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Doltos posted:

It's a stupid thing to buy. Just get a foam roller for like 5 bucks off amazon. Back pain is associated with breaking calcium deposits but the root of the issue is usually exercise focusing on the muscle groups around the pain. If you're serious about addressing it work on that and look up some decent stretches for associated areas. Don't get fooled into these stupid massage balls.

I have a foam roller and that’s good. I also have a lacrosse ball. Those are both good but there’s some specific muscles I want to target where I think a tough, larger ball would be useful.

I also of course am doing stretches and targeted exercises. Isometric exercises. Care to join me?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

On the citizenship interview test thing I was asked questions they were not in the revision material of possible questions so if you get someone who is a dick they might pull that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

“Im being a good team player by answering these dumbass questions”

I’ve interviewed a ton of people and have had to ask those questions and I can’t remember a single response any of them gave and none of them stood out to me because they’re all dumb boring stories like “I finished this spreadsheet early yay”

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I think you’re a great team player and I look forward to hearing about your success in landing a new, better job in the near future.

Cheers mate

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve interviewed a ton of people and have had to ask those questions and I can’t remember a single response any of them gave and none of them stood out to me because they’re all dumb boring stories like “I finished this spreadsheet early yay”

Yeah - having done a bunch of interviews and hiring in the past I know that like 90% of it comes down to the interview and the feeling I got from the person over just about everything else. I wanted to make sure they hit the bare minimum standard of competence based on their resume but it all came down to how I felt in the room. Being on the hiring side should make the application process easier, it tends to just make it more frustrating because I'm spending time trying to stand out just a little on the poo poo that doesn't matter to get through to the stuff that does. I know that I can crush just about any interview and have 0 anxiety about that part of the process - its getting to it that drives me nuts.

I think Covid spreading like wildfire isn't helping right now, the main site i'm using sends an alert when companies view your application and I'm currently sitting at 2 from 47.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's like massive suspension of disbelief on both sides. I'm gonna feed you some bullshit but I'll make it short, you smile and nod and act like that will have any effect whatsoever on me being hired, and then we can go about our business.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Florida is crazy man

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1481406150889381890?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dude hosed around and found out.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Good thing there was a good guy with a gun!

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dude was responsible for every point of escalation

god drat

https://twitter.com/HaverOfOpinions/status/1481414786181066752?s=20

Guze fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 13, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Got my new shirt in finally. I forgot I ordered it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Guze posted:

Dude was responsible for every point of escalation

A man who is not used to facing consequences for his actions. He learned his lesson a little too late.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/picklesbaseball/status/1481381825666699267?s=20

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
In high school I had a US Gov't class whose final was the citizenship test, 10 random from the full bank, 10% per question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

luckily I don't have to put in the slightest effort to be a goldfish I was just born this way

memories just disappear into the ether all on their own. I don't even really have memories until high school, and even high school is just a series of flash frames that don't really show anything. someone should study it