Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I'm home now so I can properly go back over these scooters. Anyone saying the scooters in BOBF are not "star wars" is almost 100% complaining about the metallic color finish on them. They have classic star wars speeder bike elements every where else.

Endor bike

Dooku's Bike

Enfys Nest Bike

Kintan Strider Swoop

Space Vespa

There is nothing that says you can't have smooth body components on a bike, most of them have them! The difference between them is how much is smooth vs what greebles or engine parts are revealed. Imagine if Dooku's bike was metallic chrome, it has virtually no "greeble" bits.

The endor bikes are actually very smooth overall, though with distinct paneling pieces and the exposed under engine area. The very thin "legs"/"footholds" give them a great sci-fi look with the classic prow.

Enfys Nest and the Kintan Strider bikes are very greebly. The Kintan Strider high back seats are similar to Japanese biker gang seats, but the huge exposed engines and high handle bars are more reminiscent of american roadsters. Enfys' bike also calls back to Japanese biker gang flag poles, but the bike itself reminds me of a kite/sail almost, with the way the prow frames fan out and the look of "wires" holding everything together. Its insanely greebly.

The Vespas have strong panels on either side of the seat area and the classic exposed engine on the back rear. The key difference between these and the others is almost purely the chrome look! It makes the paneling look like "1 piece", which the designs break up with some inlaid paneling on the front of the bikes. Then you have the sweet chrome grills with all the lights + modded mirrors. The upper handle bar area for each bike is also fairly "greebly" and also showcases different bar mods. Each bike is the same "model" but unique in how its modded.

Its actually pretty sweet. I bet if someone photoshopped the vespas to be "matte" beige, they would not look out of place. In fact, I think they'd look closer to the OT aesthetic than Dooku's bike. Its the chrome that is making everyone crazy, but its actually sick AF. Given the same production team designed the Kintan strider bikes, which are very OT - they clearly know what is star wars aesthetic. Thus I must declare the space vespas Star Wars™

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I finally figured out what is bothering me about them: their wider base makes me think of jetskis instead of motorcycles.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They're pretty much one of the "Classic" EU Swoop Bike body styles but with a lower connecting piece/skirt.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I'm home now so I can properly go back over these scooters. Anyone saying the scooters in BOBF are not "star wars" is almost 100% complaining about the metallic color finish on them. They have classic star wars speeder bike elements every where else.
Its actually pretty sweet. I bet if someone photoshopped the vespas to be "matte" beige, they would not look out of place. In fact, I think they'd look closer to the OT aesthetic than Dooku's bike. Its the chrome that is making everyone crazy, but its actually sick AF. Given the same production team designed the Kintan strider bikes, which are very OT - they clearly know what is star wars aesthetic. Thus I must declare the space vespas Star Wars™

This is pretty much spot on. The only other thing that makes them look kinda off compared to the other speeders is that there's a lack of narrow bits in the body or as "legs" which feel more typical for speeders, but the disconnect is still mostly the shiny metallic finish in addition to being a bright color rather than gold or silver.

Also the red one kinda looks like a hand mixer without the beaters.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
My only problem with them is that if the men were dressed up like Teddy Boys, why was the woman a punk and not a Judie?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The girl looked more like a fooly cooly reference to me.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I wonder how much it costs to have a Ralph Original hanging on one's wall on Tatooine of all places...

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

When they dumped Krrsantan into The Pit I said out loud that Boba really needs to get a real rancor after the last episode's fakeout.

Then immediately Space Machete rolled in with the baby rancor on a pallet and we lost our poo poo.

Everything else about the episode was pretty plodding and uninteresting (why did the Gamorreans, the power rangers/Batman Beyond Splicers, and Fennec all decide at once to take a coffee break while their boss was defenseless and napping???) but I'm still hoping Favreau & friends learned enough from Mandalorian to be building up to some big HOLY poo poo moments.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Tell you what I really want 1/12 scale versions of those Vespa Speeders. They would go great with my SH Figuarts Ultraman figs.

I'm watching the chase scene again and I'm convinced that the speed is very deliberate now. The music, the big boxiness of the Mayor's assistant's car, the music for sure, and all of the cues are pure, 100% 1970s cop show chase scene. They made very deliberate decisions to have the feel of something like a Starsky and Hutch or One Adam 12 episode, I'm sure of it.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 13, 2022

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hazo posted:

why did the Gamorreans, the power rangers/Batman Beyond Splicers, and Fennec all decide at once to take a coffee break while their boss was defenseless and napping???

I thought it was night?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I thought it was night?

It does strain credulity that they don't set a watch.

Hell, they have robots.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Hazo posted:

When they dumped Krrsantan into The Pit I said out loud that Boba really needs to get a real rancor after the last episode's fakeout.

Then immediately Space Machete rolled in with the baby rancor on a pallet and we lost our poo poo.

Everything else about the episode was pretty plodding and uninteresting (why did the Gamorreans, the power rangers/Batman Beyond Splicers, and Fennec all decide at once to take a coffee break while their boss was defenseless and napping???) but I'm still hoping Favreau & friends learned enough from Mandalorian to be building up to some big HOLY poo poo moments.

Can't wait for the next person to get dropped into the pit scoffing because they heard Boba doesn't have a rancor

Then they hear the roar and start clawing at the walls

Although this likely means the rancor doesn't get to maul anyone until the big fight at the end of the season

Unless it gets unceremoniously shot and dies instantly because they don't have the budget to fully animate it

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Owlbear Camus posted:

It does strain credulity that they don't set a watch.

Hell, they have robots.

I did think it was funny how Boba implied that he was annoyed how the droids just kept bringing him and Fennec several Thanksgiving dinners' worth of food because Jabba ate so loving much

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hazo posted:

It’s going to be a CGI de-aged Harrison Ford cameo at the end of the final episode.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

There was also the old rumor/leak about Boba riding the rancor on a rampage around town

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gnrR-Ci4Ds

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

BrianWilly posted:

Oh...I'm the only one who liked the Vespa gang, then. That's fine, that's fine...:saddowns:

I'm with you buddy. Love me the Power Ranger biker gang.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Not really a fan of the space hipsters and their rainbow Vespas but I get Star Wars has always been about selling toys more than anything so I guess it fits

I like this show but its also pretty dumb and eye rolling at times, kinda over the "generic stories with a coat star wars paint" thing.

Like the chase scene where its just every "chase trope" but star wars themed, "Just replace the pain of glass with a picture of Jabba and then they crash in to an alien fruit cart, bing bong job done!"

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
this episode was 100% cheese and I loved it. The goddamn hotrod speeders, the kids looking like they're from shadowrun instead of star wars, that stupid slow made for tv chase that made sure to include EVERY car chase gag there was? Perfection.

The you get Boba in his loving underware going 1v1 with BK and actually holding his own for a bit? drat! Did our cyberpunk gang leader actually pull a switchblade on BK or was it a normal space knife? god I hope it was a switch blade.

Then to top things off, you have Machete roll with the trojan rancor. This show is killing it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

It was a switch blade! I liked how BK basically soloed the entire palace and the electric brass knuckles were sweet.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
This episode crushed my dreams of Daimyo Boba and his Merry Tuskens, but I like the Mod Squad ok enough as a substitute

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I don't think Boba's going to ride the rancor into combat--he's going to ride it around town instead of that litter everyone wants him to have.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Madurai posted:

I don't think Boba's going to ride the rancor into combat--he's going to ride it around town instead of that litter everyone wants him to have.

if this show teaches me anything its that hes going to ride it to one of his many appointments

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Why are all of the heavily green-screened backgrounds in like, heavily posterized, washed out, muddy, 8-bit colour? That whole rancor/Machete dungeon scene was an affront to God on my eyes.

Retitle this episode “Chewblacka VS. The BK Kids Crew” plz and thx.

Also if the red haired, robot arm chick turns out to be Arden Lyn I’ll poo poo myself.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I will also express distress that I finally got Danny Trejo in Star Wars, but he turned out to be turned out to be Space Enrique rather than Space Octavio.

Which I guess makes sense because Octavio was Mike Judge.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’ll be quite the pull if Arden Lyn is introduced lol

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The character's name is Drash lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Cross-Section posted:

The character's name is Drash lol

Drash Bendar

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

If it is Arden Lyn and the rumors that Qi'ra is going to show up at the end turns out to be true, then there can be a huge off-screen teras kasi fight scene that we don't see, just like in Solo.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Everyone complaining about the space Vespa gang being hipsters and they’re clearly a 1960s British mod gang, right down to the insane amount of mirrors on their space vespas and I’m here for it

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

This episode hosed ruled and all y’all complaining have no joy left in your souls. Just take things for what they are.

Better things aren’t possible. That’s not what these shows are about.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I still can’t believe that Danny loving Trejo is a rancor master.

Lmao. Show loving rules.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I just want to know how a 9 foot tall wookie snuck into Boba’s chambers without a single person or droid noticing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how the wookiee gives everyone the people's eyebrow.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Ballz posted:

I just want to know how a 9 foot tall wookie snuck into Boba’s chambers without a single person or droid noticing.

climbed the outside like a big ape

black fur gives natural +5 to stealth in shadow

the approximately 8 employees of boba walk the perimeter in set patterns, use your map to view their routes, Krrsantan

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jerkface posted:

the approximately 8 employees of boba walk the perimeter in set patterns, use your map to view their routes, Krrsantan

"Who's there?! I'll find you!"

*BK crouches behind a standing vase too small to possibly conceal him for several seconds*

Cyborg eye dude:
"Huh. Must have just been the wind."

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

TK-42-1 posted:

This episode hosed ruled and all y’all complaining have no joy left in your souls. Just take things for what they are.

Better things aren’t possible. That’s not what these shows are about.

This is some dumb poo poo - shut up.

Maybe this show will pull a Bad Batch which I personally hated in the Clone Wars but their own series was absolutely incredible and just as high as CW and Rebels by the end.

RR is gone till the final and the 1 episode he didn’t direct has been the best so far. So there’s some hope it can pick things up again next week.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Jerkface posted:

climbed the outside like a big ape

black fur gives natural +5 to stealth in shadow

You might kid but considering wookiees are from Giant loving Trees The Planet climbing the outside of a giant stone building doesn't seem that out of place, especially with the big gently caress-off claws they have.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

If I were going to fall down the trap of Tactical Realism might as well ask why he didn't just blast him in his waterbed and peace out instead of throwing him around a little and then getting teamstomped once the alert was up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is it just me or was there a brief glimpse of Signourney Weaver with her repair droids walking by in the background of Mos Eisley?