Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ireland at the eurovision:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmfao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Boba Fett broke his toe kicking a wookiee today and Danny Trejo gave him a rancor puppy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/cartridgepink/status/1481024831084961793?t=RI2OI8pbA5AbaiBa_aT0nA&s=19

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Lordi is the best Eurovision winner. It's not even close.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
too bad Lordi couldn't sustain it like GWAR did

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Does Eurovision happen in one night or is it a drawn out process? Do people have to write more than one song? Are they just coming back week after week and singing the same song they sang last week?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

PostNouveau posted:

Does Eurovision happen in one night or is it a drawn out process? Do people have to write more than one song? Are they just coming back week after week and singing the same song they sang last week?

It's split between semi finals and the final. The acts are generally chosen by local song competitions. You get stuff like this in the local ones, probably.

https://youtu.be/2dllo85ZSUk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

It's split between semi finals and the final. The acts are generally chosen by local song competitions. You get stuff like this in the local ones, probably.

https://youtu.be/2dllo85ZSUk

OK, so 2 stages, same songs, second stage is like a runoff for the ones that did good in the first stage?

I assume these guys were the eventual overall winners

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

LanceHunter posted:

It looks like Paramount+ is getting into the "pay way too much for a direct-to-streaming action movie" game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDvmcRVtABY

Only thing I know about this film is that Jason Manzuckz definitely bashed it when he was on CBB a while back, calling it strange that a movie only 90 minutes long can feel infinite.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

OK, so 2 stages, same songs, second stage is like a runoff for the ones that did good in the first stage?

I assume these guys were the eventual overall winners

I think the semis are split into two events, so it's three total. I think that's something that's about 10 years old, I remember it being all in one night in the early 2000s and probably had been so since the 60s.

e: Essentially it took a while to adjust to the increased number of participants after the breakup of the Soviet Union and Yugoslavia basically doubled the number of members of the European Broadcast Union (I'm not sure if those two were members in any case, maybe Yugoslavia, but I'm less sure about the Soviet Union), so it's really from 1991 into roughly 2010 that you have a huge number of countries all performing/participating in a one night event.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 12, 2022

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
RLM 2022: Somehow, Mike Was on Eurovision

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Covid, Agnes, your friend is going to be Covid

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Frankly, rich evans has had a month to recharge. I don't want to hear any grumpy bullshit from him for a while

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rich Evans on Eurovision

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

poisonpill posted:

Rich Evans on Eurovision

basically the numa numa guy

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Rich Evans on Eurovision

Shoji Tabuchi on Eurovision

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

poisonpill posted:

Rich Evans on Eurovision

Performing as Dick the Birthday Boy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

someone has to have run rich evan's laugh through an autotune at some point, right

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW6KyVB_rpg

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Autotune is actually running audio through the angelic tones of Rich Evans' laughter, not many people know this.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bless you

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who needs autotune when he can tune himself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwd13fdczmU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

someone has to have run rich evan's laugh through an autotune at some point, right

yeah but they have found no difference from the original

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

lmao

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My SO just asked what that horrible sound is. Pray for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/MikeOkuda/status/1481289286393679873?s=20

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

poisonpill posted:

My SO just asked what that horrible sound is. Pray for me

Lol if you and your SO don't already swap Rich Evans stories

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

Lol if you and your SO don't already swap Rich Evans stories

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Hi Jack :wave:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cold on a Cob posted:

Lol if your SO isn't already Rich Evans

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
letterboxd has their year in review thing finally. u guys mess with the box?

Dr. Thoss
Aug 22, 2011

i am a doctor. my name is thoss.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

too bad Lordi couldn't sustain it like GWAR did

To be fair, Lordi was essentially just GWAR for general audiences, which kind of a self defeating premise.

My personal favourite Eurovision moment was when Iceland went the gimmick route and wound up sending a band I actually kind of like, Hatari, who then proceeded to try to get themselves booted from the competition by being extremely vocal about their support for Palestinian liberation. Only wound up with a fine, and finished 10th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ELSP8zqhXo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't know if pig is better than dune. But I do know pig is better than the green knight

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

letterboxd has their year in review thing finally. u guys mess with the box?

I got an account and then promptly forgot to log anything after a month. Do they email that to you or do you have to check the website? Don’t see it on the app.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why didn't anyone tell me that Disney+ just added the best comic book movie ever?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am, of course, referring to

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

iceland seems to love doing those shenanigans

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Anyone else getting inundated with ads for "American Auto" on Youtube every few minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I tried to use letterboxd on the site and the app but logging a movie you've seen takes way too many clicks

Just to mark something as seen ot should be a single tile click from a grid of posters.

Terrible UI. 0/10.