Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Smythe posted:

listen to me joe biden, piece of poo poo fucker

lock down this country for 3 (three) weeks and pay us all to sit at home. i require it. NOW.

thank you.

yeah fuckin tell him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Omicron being loving everywhere has me so paranoid I have been thinking maybe I've had covid and just not known/it was asymptomatic and now I'm gonna have alzheimers at 50 or something, is there an easy/at-home antibody test or some way to know if you've ever had it that doesn't involve stepping into a plague factory?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

amazing that Trump is to the left of basically every politician in america because he was the only one willing to write out checks

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Nah, we're just going to let the logistics and Healthcare industry collapse.

We're quickly heading to what Americans think a South American country is like.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Smythe posted:

lock down this country for 3 (three) weeks and pay us all to sit at home. i require it. NOW.

thank you.

We could have done this at any point to eradicate covid.

We just won't do it lol

Mulching 10K+ people a week is preferable to this for some reason

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Smythe posted:

thank you.

it's such an obvious thing that you know the reasoning behind not doing it is the desire to kill people
I don't know what else you could derive from it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

We're all being ushered into the kingdom of heaven :angel:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Look, if the government ever does anything to solve one problem, you might come to expect them to solve future problems and we can't have that. Better to watch it all burn down.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Thoguh posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1481358129929637893?s=21

The ‘fact check’ is literally just claiming that she was only talking about a few deaths over a short period of time so it wasn’t eugenics. it doesn’t change her 75% statement at all.

This is just like the Biden thing from a few weeks ago where the libs screamed about how you have to listen to the whole thing but the whole thing isn't any better it's just more words that don't change the thing people were mad about from the shorter clip.

Hey man, they are just doing the typical Jordan Peterson defence "the CONTEXT is whats important"

the context does not change anything, but they want you to do whatever the reactionary movement they are a part of agrees with.

Its literally the same defense for any reactionary movement.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

she superdead

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin Tyme posted:

Omicron being loving everywhere has me so paranoid I have been thinking maybe I've had covid and just not known/it was asymptomatic and now I'm gonna have alzheimers at 50 or something, is there an easy/at-home antibody test or some way to know if you've ever had it that doesn't involve stepping into a plague factory?

Waiting until this wave ends to get another booster/get tested for antibodies seems like the best way to go if you're able to hunker down

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
If the government solves an issue it won't exist as a wedge issue for the next election, and we can't have that

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Smythe posted:

thank you.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We could have done this at any point to eradicate covid.

We just won't do it lol

Mulching 10K+ people a week is preferable to this for some reason

I used to think this too but even if we somehow managed to do this (:lol:) wouldn't we have to do it again for every variant that comes along? Like, even if we squashed Delta that way Omicron would have still showed up to wreck New Years.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paradoxish posted:

lmao they couldn't resist putting that "more severe delta strain" bit in there huh

it's gonna be hilarious when they're still saying this after omicron gets done killing 3-4x the number of people delta did

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I had a substitute teacher that threatened to fight a student, a sub that brought her boyfriend to class only to spend the whole time arguing with him, and a sub who spent a week showing us The Man Who Saw Tomorrow and kids are about to get teachers somehow less qualified and vetted, absolute lmaoing through the tears

skooma512 posted:

Yup, and farming the funding that comes when you get a body in a seat.

The subs are not there to teach, even teachers can barely teach in these conditions, they're just there because leaving them unattended isn't an option and they are intent providing the absolute bare minimum of supervision.

Have we considered using herding dogs as substitutes? The dogs could keep the kids safely together in their paddock and could sniff them for covid. Dogs can’t give kids covid so they’re already safer than human teachers.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

thank you.

I already get paid to sit at home, pay me DOUBLE to sit at home

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I'm finally breaking off my staring contest with the Abyss. You win this round. :argh: I don't need a probe or anything but I'm finally logging off for a week to cool down and do something not online with my time until next Wednesday. Peace, goons.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

PokeJoe posted:

We're all being ushered into the kingdom of heaven :angel:

Others sin on the right hand. They are much too rash and reckless, tempting God and disregarding everything which might counteract death and the plague. They disdain the use of medicines; they do not avoid places and persons infected by the plague, but lightheartedly make sport of it and wish to prove how independent they are. They say that it is God’s punishment; if he wants to protect them he can do so without medicines or our carefulness. This is not trusting God but tempting him.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

This is wild. Don't worry about it like this. On top of long term implications like this probably being very rare on a personal level (though critically important on a community level) there is just no reason to know if you've had it and recovered and nothing you could change in your life around that. Just be cautious about getting it, as though you've never had it and don't want it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

Coverage in Latin America!

https://twitter.com/PodcastEEPDM/status/1481354790760296450

Translated comments

And then someone posted a photo of the Twin Towers collapsing and everyone started dunking on America

lol hell yeah, boost covid simulator and dunk on America all you want, both deserve it

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Where are shelves bare? I haven't had any trouble buying food.

I haven't had any real trouble buying food but I definitely notice bare shelves. I only go shopping once or twice a month, mostly for my grandma. Intermittently the local walmart, sprouts, and a few other grocery stores will be out of any chicken at all, or beef in the middle of Oklahoma less than fifteen miles away from slaughterhouses, or specific veggie shelves will just be empty like we've got most veggies but no broccoli or mushrooms, occasionally the snacks and breakfast isles will be 30% bare, the milk shelves haven't been full in a year but they've never been empty. None of that is a real food crisis, it's just various options are randomly missing. I've never seen a store that was out of beans or potatoes or carrots or soup stock.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

McCracAttack posted:

I used to think this too but even if we somehow managed to do this (:lol:) wouldn't we have to do it again for every variant that comes along? Like, even if we squashed Delta that way Omicron would have still showed up to wreck New Years.

Ideally you would shut down smaller localities as flare ups happen and prevent it from spreading and infecting millions of people every day. Let me tell you about a glorious place called China....

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

lol, covid poops

https://twitter.com/COVIDPoops19/

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I had a substitute teacher that threatened to fight a student, a sub that brought her boyfriend to class only to spend the whole time arguing with him, and a sub who spent a week showing us The Man Who Saw Tomorrow and kids are about to get teachers somehow less qualified and vetted, absolute lmaoing through the tears

Have we considered using herding dogs as substitutes? The dogs could keep the kids safely together in their paddock and could sniff them for covid. Dogs can’t give kids covid so they’re already safer than human teachers.

Just send those lazy kids to work. I hear the restaurants etc are having a terrible time filling hours. Just consider any teen truant if they don't report to an assigned job. Middle schoolers get to babysit elementary and kindergarten, and the economy will be back in shape in no time!!

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Substandard posted:

Ideally you would shut down smaller localities as flare ups happen and prevent it from spreading and infecting millions of people every day. Let me tell you about a glorious place called China....

:swoon:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Glimm posted:

hi folks hope everyone is enjoying a mild winter

It's summer :(

What's it gonna look like in six months lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Heh, more like Asstrailia

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

my mom told me today that if we (the family) die in the near future it'll be fine as long as we die together

I was like what the gently caress I'm 27 I'd like to live a little while longer. Honestly my mom is normally pretty insane but that's the craziest poo poo I've ever heard her say. She also didn't know why I was bothered by that statement

only covid decide's when we die

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Justin Tyme posted:

even if there was, what would you do with that information other than drive yourself insane?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

if Omicron is as deadly as wild type, and cases are 3X the last surge, we are soon looking at 10,000+ per day right?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

lol, my Mom has spent this whole pandemic joking that me or my sister needed to move to Australia and then get her in on a humanitarian visa. She was legit crushed when I told her about Australia on our Sunday call last week.

"Well, I'm too old to learn Chinese..."

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

smoobles posted:

if Omicron is as deadly as wild type, and cases are 3X the last surge, we are soon looking at 10,000+ per day right?

It would almost certainly be worse if it was as deadly as vanilla, because we haven't increased hospital capacity at all and can't handle 3x cases with the same quality of care.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

smoobles posted:

yeah five figure death brunch

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Lol the hospital I work with just sent out an SOS for blood donations. Someone asked about whether you can donate after having covid, and the reply was that you have to wait over a month if you had it or suspected you might. Somehow I think that excludes the majority of potential donors...

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Gio posted:

yeah five figure death brunch

say no more 😑

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

smoobles posted:

we have way better options for treatment now and we're also catching more cases than we were in the first way, so it's probably hard to make direct comparisons

but it's also really dependent on how bad the hospital situation gets, because "as deadly as wild type" will rapidly turn into "drastically more deadly than delta" if getting any treatment at all becomes impossible

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lacrosse posted:

I'm finally breaking off my staring contest with the Abyss. You win this round. :argh: I don't need a probe or anything but I'm finally logging off for a week to cool down and do something not online with my time until next Wednesday. Peace, goons.

keep care!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

smoobles posted:

probably, yeah. "will they be counted?" is a better question

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Business Gorillas posted:

tony chachere's is p good though
Almost as good as

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

hilariously you can't even see Melbourne's 'big' 2020 outbreak that caused the Big Lockdown anymore on the graphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

old post but my coworker who has a positive son at home was wearing 2 masks today

cloth mask and the surgical on top

lol