Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Comfy blankets and a hopefully comfy run :comfyzelda:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I missed the run up to a million—what was behind the “one million for edobean”? Is she ok? I know she’s had some host slots, but I haven’t been able to catch any this GDQ.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Agrias120 posted:

I missed the run up to a million—what was behind the “one million for edobean”? Is she ok? I know she’s had some host slots, but I haven’t been able to catch any this GDQ.

She said that she had lost two grandparents to cancer last year and basically broke down at the end of her shift and the next host came on and basically said we should get 1M on wed for her.
And it happened because AGDQ is cool.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

haha what posted:

hell yes carti b

:tipshat:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

weekly font posted:

Looking at the schedule I"m guessing CDI zelda is kicking off awful block?

Yes, yes it is (one way to tell is to look at the prizes; the awful block banner becomes available as a prize once the CDI Zelda game starts).

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I know basically nothing about any Halo game past 3 but from what I've heard the series didn't fare well.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Internet Kraken posted:

I know basically nothing about any Halo game past 3 but from what I've heard the series didn't fare well.

Infinite is supposedly good!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The cool thing about the mcc it's when it's on sale even if you don't like 4 or 5, you get reach, odst, and 1-3 all for like 20 bucks. Or just pay the 1 dollar and play it all on gamepass

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
The helmet fx take up entirely too much of the screen

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Everytime a GDQ host says "less than 3" instead of "heart" it scratches at my soul. Do you pronounce : ) as colon close paren?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
that "gregorian chant"

hoo boy

weekly font posted:

Looking at the schedule I"m guessing CDI zelda is kicking off awful block?
Halo 5 is :smug:

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 13, 2022

rox
Sep 7, 2016

time in the monastery well spent

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
orb

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

SavageMessiah posted:

Everytime a GDQ host says "less than 3" instead of "heart" it scratches at my soul. Do you pronounce : ) as colon close paren?

YES... don't you?

The United States posted:

that "gregorian chant"

hoo boy

It's for charity lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

SavageMessiah posted:

D: is d colon

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Cartridgeblowers posted:

YES... don't you?

It's for charity lol

it owned, thank u for doing the good work

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

SavageMessiah posted:

Same but I've always assumed it was a running joke or something

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SavageMessiah posted:

Yeah same it's so weird

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How come the elites are the only aliens in the Halo series that end up being chill with you eventually

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

How come the elites are the only aliens in the Halo series that end up being chill with you eventually

Class solidarity

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SavageMessiah posted:

it's obviously deliberate and very funny. it's the same energy as strong bad pronouncing each typo.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm gonna keep doing it more just to vex y'all.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

good :twisted:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Internet Kraken posted:

I played 4 and 5 for the first time recently in anticipation of Infinite. They both have solid, enjoyable campaigns that are flawed in their own ways. The real issue with the series post-Bungie is that 343 has never found a narrative thread they're really happy with. As a result, both 4 and 5 have "Wow, this new threat is stopped for now, but Master Chief is going to have a hard time ending it once and for all" endings and both 5 and Infinite open with "That old threat? It's bullshit, we took care of it off-camera, nobody cares about it anymore, there's something WAY worse going on now."

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Infinite is supposedly good!

Infinite is VERY good, gameplay-wise. I still had some issues with the narrative but if this is really going to be the platform for the next decade of Halo games, it's a very solid foundation.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I'm gonna keep doing it more just to vex y'all.

The only proper response, TBH

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

halo run is predictably a snorefest

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Indecisive posted:

I dunno I've always enjoyed the halo runs at GDQ :shrug:
I've never played them I guess I just like some shooting and jumping into the void

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It had some fun clips at least, and I never played Halo after 1 so seeing your Spartan leaping around like a fortnite character was funny to watch

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Indecisive posted:

I disagree, that was a very fun run to watch run. A nice mix of solid gameplay and wild OOB skips/bug manipulation

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo 6 is quite a fun game, and can be yours alongside literally every other halo game for 1 dollar

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The audio needs some work during those clips.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
lmfao this echo is hellish sounding

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Made a mistake listening to this inside my echoing chamber of reflection

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Indecisive posted:

then do something else. no one care.s

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Adef trying to do some WayneRadio "What's in the fridge Wayne?" bit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cartridgeblowers posted:

YES... don't you?

It's for charity lol

i liked it. ganbatte

rox
Sep 7, 2016

nanagans regirock cry in terrifying echoing surround sound is everything i never knew i needed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

i liked it. ganbatte

actually iv ejust realised youre telling people to go for oot over mm and now i will see you destroyed

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
lmao called out

cartridgeblowers is my new posting enemy

You have aroused my ire, cur :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

adefs door is revealed to contain a set of increasingly smaller doors that open into willy wonkas chocolate mixing room