Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moola posted:

Disagree, I don't think there is a single great character moment in the entire film

Nah, its quite good because its a natural outcome of his complete disinterest in existence except as a means to make himself happy. It just doesn't like, lead to anything which means its completely wasted and unneeded. As far as the film is concerned he said "im gonna take a nap" and the rest of the team didn't want to interrupt his nap time which suuuucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Barudak posted:

Nah, its quite good because its a natural outcome of his complete disinterest in existence except as a means to make himself happy. It just doesn't like, lead to anything which means its completely wasted and unneeded. As far as the film is concerned he said "im gonna take a nap" and the rest of the team didn't want to interrupt his nap time which suuuucks.

Yeah I think we are just talking past each other but we actually agree with each other

Anyway, if anyone is wondering how boring could it be? Imagine Thor the Dark World but with NONE of the charm Helmsworth and Hiddlestone bring. Also longer. With less fights. And basically no villain for 90% of the film. Also imagine the entire budget was spent on giving all the heroes identical golden piss powers

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The only funny moment in Eternals to me was the movie (which is a generic as gently caress fantasy with a bunch of characters you can't keep track of, basically like a MTV produced Wheel of Time or whatever) started talking about Thanos and tried to convince you they are in the same universe.

I am sure Disney sold 50 million extra tickets by mentioning Thanos though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

stephenthinkpad posted:

The only funny moment in Eternals to me was the movie (which is a generic as gently caress fantasy with a bunch of characters you can't keep track of, basically like a MTV produced Wheel of Time or whatever) started talking about Thanos and tried to convince you they are in the same universe.

I am sure Disney sold 50 million extra tickets by mentioning Thanos though.

Yeah lol, it's like when that terrible Sci-fi movie got the CLOVERFIELD tag slapped on it to try and make people give a poo poo

My favorite part of Eternals was the final after credits teaser when you hear Blade say hello

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

oh jesus loving christ

icarus commits suicide by flying into the sun

it's so dumb

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Dinesh got paid to get absolutely ripped so he could have a cape and shoot lasers from his hands lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Tip posted:

oh jesus loving christ

icarus commits suicide by flying into the sun

it's so dumb

It's really bad lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I am, of course, referring to

Scorching hot take, this one isn’t bad at all until he bursts out of the barn on the bike and then it immediately goes to poo poo. I watched all the Xmen films again recently and pretty much all of them were better on rewatch, with the exception of Dark Phoenix which absolutely stinks.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Scorching hot take, this one isn’t bad at all until he bursts out of the barn on the bike and then it immediately goes to poo poo. I watched all the Xmen films again recently and pretty much all of them were better on rewatch, with the exception of Dark Phoenix which absolutely stinks.

I like the ww2/time lapse sequence

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Will.i.am’s atrocious line delivery of “we hunted our own kind, Logan” has been seared into my mind since I saw it in the cinema.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I would rather re-watch xmans origins than watch eternals again

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

i can't wait for AmericaVision

the lib states will contribute the usual America's Got Talent pablum and be countered by rap country ditties about Jesus personally kicking their asses for being homos who believe in germs

there will be at least a dozen songs with 'Let's Go Brandon!' in the lyrics

Durf fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 13, 2022

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I watched the latest boba episode and I think I'm done with the show

in this one he befriends a hip young vespa gang

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tip posted:

lol

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Tip posted:

My friend told me about this and I thought it would be dire but lmaooooo.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Tip posted:

how the gently caress does this look so cheap when the mandalorian looked so good lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

so funny that they can do literally whatever they want with the IP and they've done ANOTHER tv series about a bounty hunter

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Have they actually gotten better or have movies gotten so bad the bar has lowered?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kingo Ligma posted:

Have they actually gotten better or have movies gotten so bad the bar has lowered?

yes

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Tip posted:

Holy poo poo no way this is not edited with MS Paint lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moola posted:

Yeah I think we are just talking past each other but we actually agree with each other

Anyway, if anyone is wondering how boring could it be? Imagine Thor the Dark World but with NONE of the charm Helmsworth and Hiddlestone bring. Also longer. With less fights. And basically no villain for 90% of the film. Also imagine the entire budget was spent on giving all the heroes identical golden piss powers

Yeah, I think we are.

Again the only positive to me is its a pro abortion action film, literally everything else is junk either from a script standpoint, acting standpoint, effects stand point, or just even basic lighting and framing christ every fight is so bad its like were watching what I would direct if you let me make a movie.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pro abortion? Of the director?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Galewolf posted:

Holy poo poo no way this is not edited with MS Paint lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dabir posted:

Pro abortion? Of the director?

The plot of the film is a woman doesn't want to bring her baby to term, and even after being told her child could go on to do incredible things she can't put her or her familys health at risk, so she argues with her ex boyfriend until he realizes she was right and helps her abort it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

uh it's actually about a load of dog monsters they have to fight on a beach and then a big robot appears

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

maybe you watched Vera Drake???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

uh it's actually about a load of dog monsters they have to fight on a beach and then a big robot appears

That falls under the "literally everything in the film that isn't about super abortion is garbage"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i liked the costumes

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

:five:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tip posted:

rascal gang go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

it sounds like the movie itself is an abortion and I'm surprised no one has attempted to make that joke yet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not that bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

i liked the costumes

Their plainclothes outfits are kind of weirdly bland for space aliens who lived as gods, and their space outfits are all super muted looking in most shots so despite having gold inlay they don't pop.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
They should have let Kingo do his piss shooting in his Bollywood dance god costume. While singing.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I love how stupid star wars can get, bring back Han Solo fighting the space weasel, they've run out of everything else

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nuts and Gum posted:

Dinesh got paid to get absolutely ripped so he could have a cape and shoot lasers from his hands lol

https://twitter.com/moonpolysoft/status/1452316269303193610?s=20

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

so funny that they can do literally whatever they want with the IP and they've done ANOTHER tv series about a bounty hunter

Disney loves to run poo poo into the ground as hard as possible

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 13, 2022

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

D R U I G

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
you know i just realized m4trix completely glosses over neo apparently programming a fully sentient being as part of a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you know i just realized m4trix completely glosses over neo apparently programming a fully sentient being as part of a video game

the sims would be more fun if they could feel existential dread at being the plaything of a depressed god