Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Are new paper Mario, pokemon snap, and the Mario sports games actually bad or are people just hyperbolic babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the latter

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

KaptainKrunk posted:

Are new paper Mario, pokemon snap, and the Mario sports games actually bad or are people just hyperbolic babies

Heard BotW is a bad port and the worst Zelda game ever.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Pokemon Snap is really incredibly fun.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So how are Pathway and the port of Slime Rancher? Got some spare dough and might treat myself to something.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Violen posted:

that looks like it takes place in the coliseum in the background of waddle town so im expecting another 3 hour arena marathon

Yeah there might be some optional fights for bosses that aren't fitting for the main campaign.

American McGay posted:

Nintendo likes to do games where you team up with former foes to fight a new evil. I hope that's the case here.

That's pretty much Kirby's main MO. A lot of former enemies generally turn into allies. Hell the first game was one of the few ones where Dedede was the outright villain. In the next game he tried to save Dream Land, but some bad behavior on his part made him look like he was the culprit instead.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
some games may not be for you. but that does not mean they are bad

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMVnMd-sGg
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDbMwxs6w9A
required weeb viewing

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Yeah there might be some optional fights for bosses that aren't fitting for the main campaign.

That's pretty much Kirby's main MO. A lot of former enemies generally turn into allies. Hell the first game was one of the few ones where Dedede was the outright villain. In the next game he tried to save Dream Land, but some bad behavior on his part made him look like he was the culprit instead.

These days Dedede only seems to be the final boss in the non standard Kirby games (and even then that’s not always the case). I guess when you’re dealing with eldritch horrors a fat greedy penguin with a hammer isn’t that big a threat anymore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

KaptainKrunk posted:

Origami King really is a terrible game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nah it’s good and the boss fights are great. The normal battles can get repetitive but skipping them has no downside

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

at some point i think they said kirby 64 is coming to the online thing... i really want to check that one out because the only time i played it it was on an early n64 emulator where it ran like poo poo and all the sprites were sideways.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009
Is there a goon recommended travel case for the OG Switch? Thanks!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b_d posted:

at some point i think they said kirby 64 is coming to the online thing... i really want to check that one out because the only time i played it it was on an early n64 emulator where it ran like poo poo and all the sprites were sideways.

It is!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

b_d posted:

kirby 64 owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

when!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Heard BotW is a bad port and the worst Zelda game ever.

God what is it with people thinking 7/10 is a bad score

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hyperbole, in Games!?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
This is a betrayal on levels no one's ever seen

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

7/10 is not a bad score but BotW is much better than that :)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chikimiki posted:

Very happy with my Satisfye grip with matching case

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

KaptainKrunk posted:

They're fine and people are hyperbolic babies. The one caveat I could offer is Origami King is not at all like Thousand Year Door. If you're expecting it to be, you will be disappointed. It is still good, mind.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sleng Teng posted:

7/10 is not a bad score but BotW is much better than that :)

7/10 just means you can use this weapon seven more times before it breaks

Which is all you need.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Origami King reviewed and was received quite well

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chikimiki posted:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711K97BS/

Screen protector recommended if you need that too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Minor PSA but please buy your Nintendo Switch a screen protector, even if you play docked 100% of the time. It’s a sweet baby square and needs your protection

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
it's actually a rectangle. bust rodd strikes again

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I bought xenoblade 1 a week ago and its my life now. Is the sequel significantly different or what, i remember a lot of mixed opinion on it? I would like to visit it in a year when i finish the first

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Xenoblade 2 is a lot more..."in your face" about it's anime quotient (although to be clear it is just as anime as the first one) and it has a really weird blade gacha system that feels like it was designed for a mobile game, but otherwise it's largely more of the same. I preferred it to 1, but opinions are definitely more mixed overall.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Poopy Palpy posted:

"God" is too limited a term to describe Kirby. Gods are what Kirby kills.

Gods are what Kirby eats.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Mister Facetious posted:

Lol I don't actually know what this 7/10 score you're referring to.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Xenoblade 2: The blade gacha is terrible and annoying and there's a character who is very good but also will not shut up during battle and fights with a robotic gently caress doll.

Aside from that it's a decent game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

I bought xenoblade 1 a week ago and its my life now. Is the sequel significantly different or what, i remember a lot of mixed opinion on it? I would like to visit it in a year when i finish the first

Its story isn't as good as 1. It's still pretty fun though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sudden Javelin posted:

it's actually a rectangle. bust rodd strikes again

That’s why I called it a baby! It will grow into its shoulders!!!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here’s some gameplay of that new Pokémon game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_bhkDh958

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

The American education system, where 70% is considered the lower end of "barely acceptable" just above "you don't technically fail but that's all I can say".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KaptainKrunk posted:

im not sure where ive even heard they were bad. i dont like the sports games that much but they play really well at least, it's not like the bad WiiU ones

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Lol I don't actually know what this 7/10 score you're referring to.

I'm being facetious. ;)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Skeezy posted:

Here’s some gameplay of that new Pokémon game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_bhkDh958

man this doesn't look very exciting at all

hope it plays better because I will definitely buy it at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I already have Diablo 3, and I don't imagine i have enough nostalgic love for D2 that playing it would be better than D3

So what's the current loot-centric action game (as Diablo-like as possible but doesn't have to strictly be the case) that people are recommending, if any?