Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Algid posted:

You don't actually need to use expensive mats unless your optimization process is to get the most exp/leve at a particular level or whatever.

Anything 81 and above is still a bunch of exp, gc dailies custom deliveries, collectables etc. are there as well.

levequests in particular give absurd amounts of XP if you hand in an HQ item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Burnt Poffin posted:

I'm working my way through 4.2 at the moment, and have turned in three catbooks since I completed the base Stormblood story, however, all the listed dungeons for all three catbooks have still only been the ARR and HW dungeon options. Does Wonderous Tails only have those types, or have I just been unlucky at getting any Stormblood dungeons to pop up?

Speaking of 4.2, all the drama and tension that might be drawn from the Garleans attacking the Confederacy, is sort of removed with Alphinaud's vocal effect when he dives. :)

That moment is great in every dub :allears:

https://twitter.com/vesaldi/status/958565352706838529

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait... are there Stormblood equivalents to the Crystaline Mean and Studium quests?

The actual answer to this is no. There's just Stormblood leves and Stormblood individual crafting/gathering questlines.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

nyaaaaaa

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If anyone wants to hear bits of the CN dub, they just released their version of the Endwalker trailer with a release date of March for them.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
those are some good voices. I wish Y'shtola's was a little deeper but that's a personal preference.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The comments are all complaining about how awful Alphinaud's voice is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I wouldn't really take that as a general opinion, Chinese netizens are insanely picky and whiney.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That Fandaniel voice is perfect, you can really tell how insufferable he is!

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Let the curtains RISE for the main attraction!

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Managed to go this whole game without shedding an actual tear and (level 88 quest) Meeting Moenbryda’s parents just wrecked me. Well done FFXIV

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Edmund Lava posted:

Managed to go this whole game without shedding an actual tear and (level 88 quest) Meeting Moenbryda’s parents just wrecked me. Well done FFXIV

Same as gently caress. Although I've cried I dunno how many times over the last two expansions.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's p3s down. we have 12 hours scheduled to learn and clear p4s, let's see if we can manage it!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Just how farcially bad can one Warrior of Light's day get? Find out in the Heavensward LP!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2022/All_Saints_Wake/rjk7wevhuy

The theme of All Saints' Wake this year? CLOWNS!

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Soon you will be able to get a literal clownsuit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Evil demon clowns, escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism, Endwalker's just one big tribute to Tim Curry.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ok but can hrothgar wear the clown facepaint and nose. this is important :colbert:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh right. I forgot we were getting the Halloween event in January. lol

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It looks like the clown facepaint is going to be its own option separate from the outfit, so get ready for people putting together their vest Joker cosplays.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Veotax posted:

Oh right. I forgot we were getting the Halloween event in January. lol

How are they explaining this lore wise

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

The reflections canonically have time distortion relative to the Source, demon clowns just hit a spot of time contraction on their side.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The End Times happened and that threw the voidsent's pumpkin carving queues out of whack

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Can't wait for the Faygo sponsor.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
To be fair, the hallows eve demons are incredibly incompetent. That's the only reason we're not killing them.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are they explaining this lore wise

The same way they explain anything else regarding the passage of time since the start of ARR: by not mentioning it at all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Theris posted:

The same way they explain anything else regarding the passage of time since the start of ARR: by not mentioning it at all.

Eorzea canonically celebrates Christmas at least ten times per year.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Begemot posted:

That Fandaniel voice is perfect, you can really tell how insufferable he is!

That really is a good Fandaniel voice.

I assume the Modern Aesthetics item is actually the clown face paint rather than a haircut. That would be the first time they've added a face paint option as a limited time thing to my knowledge.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Thundarr posted:

That really is a good Fandaniel voice.

I assume the Modern Aesthetics item is actually the clown face paint rather than a haircut. That would be the first time they've added a face paint option as a limited time thing to my knowledge.

I think the very first All Saints Wake had one as well.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Thundarr posted:

it's face paint that we see on the poster according to the garland tools website

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Always kind of disappointed when events don't have pets or mounts.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Just did P2S in PF (i'm going on holiday and won't be able to clear it with my static for the next two weeks). Not a huge fan of the fight. Kind of boring, and with some insta-wipes if even one person fucks up. Really liked P1S much more.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I dunno I think P2S is pretty fun, with some panic spots like the brutal stack damage during the second Overflow. At least my reclear for it this week wasn't nearly as cursed as the P1S reclear.

My group is mostly stable up to Fountains in P3S and has passed that a few times, so hopefully we'll have it down this week.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I think PF might have soured my experience, because the groups in Chaos DC were a very mixed bag.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've been enjoying P2S the more I prog it. The normal is perhaps my least favorite of them, but there's something about the savage that's just really fun. I like what they've done with the arena to make moving around and doing mechanics more interesting.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I cleared P3S today and it was pretty fun, but it's even more full of "everyone must be alive or the mechanic doesn't resolve correctly and you wipe".

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Edmund Lava posted:

I got very emotional several times in Shadowbringers and Endwalker but this was the one moment that I full on cried and had to get tissues, the whole nine yards. It might be the single most masterfully executed moment in the game, every single element worked and if even one thing--camera, animations, vocal performances--had been off it would have just been a really good beat instead of being shattering.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Lol at the chat scroll freaking out about Emet Selch narration.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I was watching Lulu’s highlights where Pyro was reacting to (ShB 5.0 spoilers) Emet saying “remember we once lived..” and I started to cry a little. That still hits hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ibblebibble posted:

I cleared P3S today and it was pretty fun, but it's even more full of "everyone must be alive or the mechanic doesn't resolve correctly and you wipe".

I don't think those sorts of moments are inherently bad but they're definitely the leading cause of burnout or bad blood in my experience in statics.