Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

site posted:

I should really catch up on batwoman I haven't watched a single episode of s3

Honestly, I've watched every episode of Batwoman and have been one of its most ardent defenders on here, and even I've abandoned it now. The way they handled the midseason finale genuinely killed any interest I have in the show.

Legends, on the other hand, came back with an incredible episode. This show still rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I missed this stupid show so much. It's going to be hard to top this episode this season for me.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
drat, silly stupid fun and then GUT PUNCH! The bad guys n gals overwhelm the good gal and brainwash her into a worse monster.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
robot zari sucks

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hey, it's John Cena!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how this is like if Legends was a 90s Image Comic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hey, it's John Cena!

That was honestly my favorite part of the episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

It was funny how Behrad and Spooner had exactly the same personality.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
God, I loved this. When I read the press release for the episode -- which is written with the assumption that we're following the regular Legends crew -- I was worried that this episode would start to reverse the season's thesis on time travel stories, but it didn't, it actually just owned. Impressed they managed to completely hide what this episode was doing until it aired, just a great, great idea for an episode.

My favourite performances were from Behrad and Spooner, something I didn't think I'd ever say. Their whole testosterone poisoning thing was loving amazing, loved it. Wish we'd seen Adam Tsekhman in the episode though, I think he'd have been amazing.

Really wish evil Nate and used his super yoked arms to just throw a dude straight up into the atmosphere. That ending tag owned.

twistedmentat posted:

I was getting a huge 90's Power Rangers vibe, particularly from Astra's amazingly stupid evil hair.

Heh, actually, thinking about the ending tag, yeah, this entire episode did seem to be a bit homage to lovely 90's television. Nice.

site posted:

robot zari sucks

I thought Tala Ash played this part really, really well -- she's the only one in the cast who's not doing a ridiculous evil voice, she's actually just underplaying everything. It's a pretty clever choice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to Nick Zano's insta those fake arms are actually modeled to be the same size as Cena's.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao that's awesome

Open Source Idiom posted:

I thought Tala Ash played this part really, really well -- she's the only one in the cast who's not doing a ridiculous evil voice, she's actually just underplaying everything. It's a pretty clever choice.

yeah i agree, she's just a jerk :colbert:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
3 minutes in and I am extremely sold on this episode.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/talaashe/status/1482554082443341829?s=20

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think we ALL want to see that!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
What was the tag at the end of the episode you guys are talking about? I may have missed it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fake PSA with robo-Nate where kids made fun of his freakishly large arms.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ah okay yeah I saw that.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Robo-Zari with Cat Zari in her lap like Blofeld.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Did anyone keep track of how many times they said robo-Zari had to "hack" into something? One of the funnier recurring gags to me, every time she did a basic computer task someone would say "nice hacking!"

Nate's giant arms were hilarious and disturbing, just like this episode!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They had a lot of fun with this episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At least one robo cast member shoud stick around.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

They had a lot of fun with this episode.

It's a game of name that reality show and god I wish that some of those shows still didn't exist.

Also, of course Zari's family would be on a reality show.

Edit: Lmao, that ending. Also, the next episode looks like a fantastic set-up

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 20, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My only complaint would be the thing with Behrad getting sober. I hate when shows turn a comical drug use into a serious matter. Like fine, if he wants to quit, that's fine, but don't have the weed gummies show up like John's flask last season/like they're some devil in a bottle.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 20, 2022

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm glad Gary still has his third nipple even though he's an alien now

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I thought that got removed a while back!?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Spooner as Richard Hatch was pretty ridiculous and hilarious

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Tala Ashe is very attractive.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Spooner going bareback was pretty hilarious as well. Along with Nate's jersey accent towards the end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, Guido Nate is fantastic, I also love the running joke of them censoring the Christian stuff, because of course they're in hell.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

Tala Ashe is very attractive.

it's a true fact

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Guido Nate is fantastic

like half way through the episode i was like, i swear nate just got more orange, and then a few seconds later zari calls him a self-tanner and i had a good lol over that

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

twistedmentat posted:

Man, Guido Nate is fantastic, I also love the running joke of them censoring the Christian stuff, because of course they're in hell.
"...thy *bleeep* come..." was a particularly inspired bit of censorship.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Rhyno posted:

At least one robo cast member shoud stick around.

We could always use another Zari

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pile of brown posted:

We could always use another Zari

While this is true if we're getting another Zari it should be Puppet Zari.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
The Green Arrow spinoff doing a Real World spoof is like the grand culmination of Judd Winnick's body of work.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

This half season so far is fantastic.

Pumping Nate in his Wifebeater gave me major Jack Burton vibes, which is even better than John Cena arms. He is killing it at the moment.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I bounced HARD off this episode. I dunno, the gimmick after last episode is too honey, the tone swerve too wild.
Also I have decided I do not like Gary/Gideon.

(Garyon? Giddy?)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked how everyone's style just became more and more exaggerated over the course of the episode, like with Gary's hair.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sloth Life posted:

I bounced HARD off this episode. I dunno, the gimmick after last episode is too honey, the tone swerve too wild.
Also I have decided I do not like Gary/Gideon.

(Garyon? Giddy?)

Gary is poo poo. He's actually slightly less poo poo since becoming an alien, but still the worst part of the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tiggum posted:

Gary is poo poo. He's actually slightly less poo poo since becoming an alien, but still the worst part of the show.

Hard to believe someone could be worse than Mona but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Gary's great. :colbert:

Though I do think making him one of the lead subplots in an episode about lowest common denominator humour was just asking for these kinds of reactions.

If you're looking for a weak member of the cast -- and it pains me to say it -- Behrad is the one I'd be pointing the finger at. I think the actor noticeable struggled with some of his line readings this ep.

(Also Mona's Jane Austen episode is one of the best the show ever did. Fight me.)

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 22, 2022