Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"I love explaining Discworld at a breakneck speed"

I don't know much about Discworld besides what i've absorbed through pop culture, but I love what I heard about it on this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I remember watching my brother play Discworld at release absolutely donkey's years ago. He's good at puzzles but I think it took weeks to get through, even when you give up and start trying every item on every other thing

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
That whole run was wholesome and charming and made me giggle, absolutely a highlight for me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Discworld books are real good. Check out Guards, Guards! (Source of goon favorite economy lessons) or Reaperman

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Aidan_702 posted:

I remember watching my brother play Discworld at release absolutely donkey's years ago. He's good at puzzles but I think it took weeks to get through, even when you give up and start trying every item on every other thing

Discworld is basically made for Adventure Game Logic

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well that was really wholesome and fun, a recommended run for sure.

GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU theOnlykyd

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Oxyclean posted:

"I love explaining Discworld at a breakneck speed"

I don't know much about Discworld besides what i've absorbed through pop culture, but I love what I heard about it on this run.

it's fantastic and terry pratchett is really missed. if you ever start reading through the series, don't judge it too hard off of the first few books b/c it does take a little to get real good

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah, great run.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

vlad3217 posted:

Based on the number of posts overnight awful block was great and I'm gonna have a lot of VODs to watch later

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/zeldas-adventure-cd-i-1995/

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/interview/zeldas-adventure-jason-bakutis/

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

TeaJay posted:

Well that was really wholesome and fun, a recommended run for sure.

GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU theOnlykyd

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I planned today so I can watch awful block and castlevania block and try to get some work done during the breaks, but the breaks / tech breaks are so drat short I have to keep on truckin'

Looks like someone's mic was muted again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hate when my signficant other with no last name gets captured because it means Im definitely gonna have to be paying for a close casket funeral

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

flatluigi posted:

it's fantastic and terry pratchett is really missed. if you ever start reading through the series, don't judge it too hard off of the first few books b/c it does take a little to get real good

Colour of Magic is still really good! By, like, parody fantasy standards. It’s just not a true representation of what the series would become, because starting from something like Small Gods or Moving pictures or especially Night Watch and working backwards will break your mind a little too much.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
When no one gets your Jojo reference

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
love to push levers by frantically whipping them

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

This game sure is a bunch of hallways and big rooms with doors that unlock after clearing out the enemies

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

This game sure is a bunch of hallways and big rooms with doors that unlock after clearing out the enemies

It was not very good or well liked. It did iirc sell pretty good so they made more of these.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

oh cool so his girlfriend is the whip now thats a cool + normal plot point

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It doesn't help that many of the areas look like the exact same dark hallway and corridor.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I AM BELOVED BY THE NIGHT

I'LL KILL YOU AND THE NIGHT

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
"I am beloved by the night!"

"I'LL KILL YOU AND THE NIGHT"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hammy voice acting is always great.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
"I'll kill you and the night!" is juuuuust the right level of stupid to make me happy.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Is Dracula the original load-bearing boss?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Indecisive posted:

Its so good they used it again, when rebooting the series.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Richter jumps his way through Transylvania: the game

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Wait, was Rondo of Blood really released on the SNES? I thought it was PC Engine / PSX only?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wait, was Rondo of Blood really released on the SNES? I thought it was PC Engine / PSX only?

This remake they're playing, Dracula X, was

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Indecisive posted:

PS3 Bionic Commando devs: "Oh yeah this is good stuff"

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

So do they accept any prize donation or do you have to get your concept and portfolio vetted or something?

the yeti fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 13, 2022

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Those clock tower jumps are tight

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Speedo Dracula best Dracula

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

the yeti posted:

So do they accept any donation or do you have to get your concept and portfolio vetted or something?

Is "Don't post Nazi poo poo and racial slurs in your donation" really such a high bar? Weird hill to choose to go die on.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

:skeltal: big bone

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Slickdrac posted:

Is "Don't post Nazi poo poo and racial slurs in your donation" really such a high bar? Weird hill to choose to go die on.

I kinda figured ‘portfolio’ made it clear I meant the art people donate as prizes but fine I’ll edit my post

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Chicken saves the day

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

submitting jupiterclimb* for the easiest to listen to runner award.

Too Many Birds fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 13, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lets get dracula out on a tray. nice.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

the yeti posted:

I kinda figured portfolio made it clear I meant the art people donate as prizes but fine Ill edit my post

https://gamesdonequick.com/prize-guide

Here's some info on donating prizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miomuSGoPzI

Go chicken gooOOOoooOOooooOO!