Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

He has a manual off screen.

I love that one of the puzzles is to solve a Rubik's cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Does he have the manual off screen, or has he memorized all the solutions? Doing this solo seems kinda silly, but that's a Big Badda Boom.

he said he has a PDF on a 2nd monitor

from what i remember of watching people play KTANE, a lot of these have stuff that needs to be specifically checked against conditions and whatnot that isn't conducive to just rote memorization

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The 7th Guest posted:

i've not seen this game played outside of VR... it seems like it'd be a less fun experience outside of VR with physically handling the box via hand controllers

I've only ever played it in VR

Its been a while since i've played it in VR, but look under the desk in the ready room and press the button there. It turns on elevator mode, which is even more fun than handling the box

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
aggressively not talking to explode

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Boxman posted:

Its been a while since i've played it in VR, but look under the desk in the ready room and press the button there. It turns on elevator mode, which is even more fun than handling the box
oh interesting, having it all around you would definitely add to the stress, the more modules there are

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

oh no big freeze

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

keep talking and the stream explodes

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Steamed die

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

who the gently caress hates mint chocolate chip

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

a big liar

rox
Sep 7, 2016

watching procyons cam he really -does- look like hes disarming a bomb

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

The 7th Guest posted:

My dad. It's okay though because I just eat his allotted amount.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gotta say tho this isnt as interesting as hoped tho, I think it might have been more entertaining if done as intended with the runner having to work with a team to do the puzzles. Then again it might be harder to follow since they'd use their weird shorthand speak that would be hard to follow, i dunno. Still impressive but its basically impossible to follow whats happening either way

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah this is kinda ... dead.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I like the node that's a pint of beer

But yeah, it's one of those games that is more fun to play yourself (or with a friend) and while what he's doing is impressive, it's hard to get into as a viewer since you can't see the puzzles he's solving (or rather the thought process)

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

it's really exciting and fun to watch KTANE played with 2 people, with the in-game sounds going and everything. this... isn't super engaging, unfortunately :smith: you don't really get the hectic energy with detached commentary and none of the buzzers and noises.

i understand it'd be really hard to have any kind of commentary/explanation with people just playing, but it still feels like a big loss to me

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

This last puzzle if bonkers

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Even the couch lost interest and missed the finish, haha

rox
Sep 7, 2016

drat world record if he hadnt gotten that early strike

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

there was a really good let's play some years back here, which is worth a watch imo if you are curious about the game at all!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah don't let this run put you off, Keep Talking is a blast but it really is intended to be played in a chaotic fashion by two or more people. The more the better, really.

E: "I've only ever played Keep Talking as a party game, I've never seen it played like that".

Yeah... there's... a reason for that.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Is this guy half joker

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

According to his Twitch bio, he (7rayD) actually worked in a circus once.

And I could immediately tell he's Finnish

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Chucktesla posted:

Is this guy half joker

Half Joker, all Two-face.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Time to tune out, I still haven't finished Lost Judgment and I don't want to have the ending spoiled for me like happened with the original Judgment.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Do I have to pop a Faygo during his run?

woop woop

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played Judgment, let alone Lost Judgment, but I always enjoy watching Froob's runs. This'll be the last one of the day for me.

Also lol @ Sent

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

JethroMcB posted:

Do I have to pop a Faygo during his run?

woop woop

We don't have Faygo in Finland, so it'd have to be... I dunno...

or

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Is there anything more SEGA than recognizing that people hate tailing segments, reducing the number of such missions to 1, but then making it the first thing you have to do?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
"We're gonna skip the song that gets us DMCA'd"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"This is our FIRST major reset point" he says 24 minutes into a 3 hour estimate run.

God bless the speedrunners, they have a patience beyond anything I know.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I love Froob and his commentary, but most of the games he runs are just super long.

Middle-aged detective dance well

rox
Sep 7, 2016

what a good dogtective :3:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that 100k boss rush incentive is uhhh...very optimistic lol

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

that 100k boss rush incentive is uhhh...very optimistic lol

Especially with the bonus game incentive being 170k.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
possibly, although you might get one of the sponsors leaping in to close the gap down to a more approachable size.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

This makes me want to start judgement

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Chucktesla posted:

This makes me want to start judgement

Judgment and Lost Judgment are amazing and I recommend them VERY MUCH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does anyone have a link to to that amazing/awful motorcycle song they've played during some of the breaks