Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
"no tipping, ever"

gently caress you mickey you oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

sometimes sucking their dicks in the bathroom

Call me when you can promise a more consistent dining experience

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Chinatown posted:

pretty sure this exists all over the south

Yeah. It's called Mission BBQ.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
THis poo poo but a restaurant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTOVnWdVF8M

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
A soylent drive through or walk though where a robotic arm forces a nozzle into your throat and your stomach is efficiently injected with the adequate amount of bland nutrient goo for your weight, height and energy requirements so you can be back in time for your job at the soylent factory.

The toilet is this system but in reverse.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches but like only kraft singles and campbells tomato soup NO other cheese allowed! This is America thank you and don't tip the slaves

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

kntfkr posted:

wouldn't have that problem at kean's chophouse

Right out of college I was hired to work at a company whose office was on Herald Square. Almost every Friday we had a company sponsored happy hour at the bar at Keens, it is one of the best places on Earth.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Raw Dogging Cafe

Every dish is just some form of a pile of raw, unsliced, unwashed vegetables. Beets and radishes with pesticides on them.

Rooftop collected rainwater to drink

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
The Eggstaurant: only serves eggs BUT this includes every type of egg on earth, including human

100% Vegan Milk Bar: get a delicious real milkshake, no animals ever harmed in the making of it. Milk freely provided by the staff of (vegan) breastfeeding women.

Hannibal’s Diner: put condemned criminals to use by eating them after the execution. Main course is human flesh but you also get a side or appetiser representing what the inmate in question had as their last meal.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

The Eggstaurant: only serves eggs BUT this includes every type of egg on earth, including human

100% Vegan Milk Bar: get a delicious real milkshake, no animals ever harmed in the making of it. Milk freely provided by the staff of (vegan) breastfeeding women.

Hannibal’s Diner: put condemned criminals to use by eating them after the execution. Main course is human flesh but you also get a side or appetiser representing what the inmate in question had as their last meal.

Id eat at all of these

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

An immaculate and trendy modern restaurant where there is no kitchen, you get a waiter to order your meal off uber eats and pay twice as much for the privilege

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
An international food court where all the outlets are named after each nation’s most prominent revolutionary/terrorist group. Empanadas from Sendero Luminoso, bratwurst from Baader-Meinhof, sushi from Aum Shinrikyo. All the wait staff smoke unfiltered cigarettes and wear berets and ammunition belts. Everyone who can cultivate a beard must: failing that luxuriant armpit hair must be displayed.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A restaurant where all the employees are Paul Lynde.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Just Toast. No beverages, no butter, no jam. Just various breads, sliced and toasted. Want it untoasted? Go somewhere else. This is Just Toast.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
An 80s themed restaurant but not a cool, happy one like in Back to the Future. In this one all the TVs play the Iran Contra hearings along with speeches from Regan and Thatcher and footage of war in Lebanon and the Falklands.

The menu also offers trickle down pricing

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The first Israeli -Palestinian conflict themed restaurant - Hummus and Hamas.
Come for the middle East cuisine, stay because of the illegitimate lockdown.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

All of these places would be wildly successful

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Bonzo posted:

An 80s themed restaurant but not a cool, happy one like in Back to the Future. In this one all the TVs play the Iran Contra hearings along with speeches from Regan and Thatcher and footage of war in Lebanon and the Falklands.

The menu also offers trickle down pricing

this being the 1980s, all the decor is straining to evoke, well, anything from the 1940s to 70s, but all of it—every single surface, mind you—is richly and indeed artisanally limned with thousands of hours’ worth of cigarette smoke and ash deposited at period-appropriate minimum wage by professional smokers (the entire staff, regardless of whether or what they smoked before)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Waiting For Food Though

You've been expectantly waiting for this dining experience for some time now.
The time's finally arrived. You've placed your order and discussed your expectations of it at length, but you've long since finished off the turnip appetizer and it has been a LONG time.
Eventually you make your way to the kitchen doors and walk in and find the place exactly as you expected, except ... no one's back there.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Decoy Badger posted:

There's a big titty anime girl streamed into a monitor in each anonymous eating booth that "eats" with you, and each plate you take off the conveyor gets you a thanks and compliment. The daily special is rebranded as her favourite, and gets you double the relationship points. Also there's a slot machine where you can pay for random additional parasocial interactions.

I had a similar idea. You would be at a conveyor belt restaurant, but whenever you put a plate into the "done" slot, it would run an actual slot machine with real money rewards. The plates would be like 3x expensive as a normal place. It would have a screen that shows a story on it. If you don't feed the slot machine fast enough bad things start to happen to the characters, but if you do then they succeed. The slot machine would be all loud when you win the big prize and the waitstaff and the onscreen characters would cheer.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spazzle posted:

I had a similar idea. You would be at a conveyor belt restaurant, but whenever you put a plate into the "done" slot, it would run an actual slot machine with real money rewards. The plates would be like 3x expensive as a normal place. It would have a screen that shows a story on it. If you don't feed the slot machine fast enough bad things start to happen to the characters, but if you do then they succeed. The slot machine would be all loud when you win the big prize and the waitstaff and the onscreen characters would cheer.

This except it's a virtual stripper and if you don't eat your plateful of meatballs and noodles or ham steak and beans fast enough she starts to put her top back on or angrily pouts and says "You never TAKE me anywhere!" or starts talking about how she and her friend Michelle are going shopping with Michelle's mom, who's sick, but not too sick but really just wants to go out, you know?

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
A restaurant themed around the ending of the upcoming second series of Raised by Wolves, called Spoilers.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Xaintrailles posted:

A restaurant themed around the ending of the upcoming second series of Raised by Wolves, called Spoilers.

I'll have the Snape Kills Dumbledore, please.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Prose and Cons.

It’s a halfway house with coffee and poetry readings. The general public can come in and critique the performances at their own peril.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

The past was literally hell.

e: it's a parody. I thought my brain was stroking out.

.random
May 7, 2007

Outrail posted:

The past was literally hell.

e: it's a parody. I thought my brain was stroking out.

Lol 3lbs of premium Idaho potatoes cooked four different ways for a buck twenty-nine and you think that’s anything other than heaven

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Pasta but the pasta is blood and the sausage is cum and the plates are my ex wife and the cups are my ex wife and the silver ware is my ex wife and WHY THE gently caress WONT SOMEONE WASH THESE DIRTY WHORES? I MEAN DISHES WASH THESE DISHES I HATE YOU BETTY!!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The Sandwich Shoppe

you can get any sort of sandwich here - burritos, tacos, hot dogs, whatever you want!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

a restaurant where everything has way too much garlic in it im talking just too much

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

numberoneposter posted:

a restaurant where everything has way too much garlic in it im talking just too much

That is impossible according to science.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

tragically the Stinking Rose restaurant has permanently closed :(

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The Gilded Spoon: A restaurant where all food is served with edible gold leaf. In fact, each dish is ONLY made of edible gold leaf. Its very expensive and if you don't finish your meal its even more so because they charge you extra and keep the gold.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd like a lb of lamia loaf, sliced thin, and one coil of lamia tail sausage

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Period restaurant based on the 2010s: 2020's decor, music, clothes, everything's the same except they take your order on an early-model iPad.

Period restaurant based on the 1950s: 2020's decor, music, clothes, everything's the same except they don't serve non-white people.

Period restaurant based on the 2030s: 2020's decor, music, clothes, everything's the same except they use more hairgel, and don't serve non-white people.

Period restaurant.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Mozi posted:

The Sandwich Shoppe

you can get any sort of sandwich here - burritos, tacos, hot dogs, whatever you want!

:catstare:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

an aerosmith themed restaurant in which an instrumental version of "dude looks like a lady" plays on repeat

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Mozi posted:

tragically the Stinking Rose restaurant has permanently closed :(

Was this in Soho years ago, Dean Street?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

an aerosmith themed restaurant in which an instrumental version of "dude looks like a lady" plays on repeat

my favourite version is the bossa nova version. the smooth jazz one is near the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Torquemada posted:

Was this in Soho years ago, Dean Street?

could be, i'm only aware that there used to be a couple in California