Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Flip the switch for a light show.

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r5fsz8QHDg1w5pr9j.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Computer viking posted:

Huh, those look very familiar.

That's a Norwegian burial find, from ca 500 CE. My mom has a similar pair she uses when she's doing viking reenactment; I think she bought it from a blacksmith at a viking market.

Username checks out.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

It was only a 110V breaker, but seeing something like that happen got me in the habit of flipping breakers by standing to the side, turning my head away, and flipping the breaker with the farther hand from the panel while keeping the near shoulder up.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Zesty posted:

What is even the goal here?

Someone took their helicopter for a walk and tied it to the power pole while they went into 7-11 to get some smokes.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

GWBBQ posted:

It was only a 110V breaker, but seeing something like that happen got me in the habit of flipping breakers by standing to the side, turning my head away, and flipping the breaker with the farther hand from the panel while keeping the near shoulder up.

I was tasked with unplugging a 480v table saw with a straight blade plug on my first day on a job. The outlet was installed upsidedown so the cord exited from the top. I grabbed it carefully from the sides and when the loose screw bridged the phases and vaporized, I have a front row seat for the 10" blue fireball that came out the top. My only injury other than PTSD was a bit of singe and burned plastic between my thumb and forefinger.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wasn't there a thing that back in the cannon days occasionally a ball would hit the ground just right and end up spinning in the air, soldiers would go to grab it and it'd tear their arms off?

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

You mean, like, just floating in the air like a UFO? Might've been a tiny UFO.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Wasn't there a thing that back in the cannon days occasionally a ball would hit the ground just right and end up spinning in the air, soldiers would go to grab it and it'd tear their arms off?

They would still be bouncing forward, but they looked deceptively slow at times and soldiers would try to stop them with their feet, losing their leg in the process.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Cannon bores aren't rifled, though?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Not usually before about the 1860s, but the round balls fly incredibly fast.

https://youtu.be/jL1DkrYL70s

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

feels bad for that truck driver.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

chitoryu12 posted:

Not usually before about the 1860s, but the round balls fly incredibly fast.

https://youtu.be/jL1DkrYL70s

stephen knows what he likes

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Jesus Christ. If you know the wiring is dangerous, don't flip the switch. You're not going to be able to yank your hand away before the arc flash.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Audibly losing my poo poo over here :laffo:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Quoting from another thread:

kid sinister posted:

Guess I'll bleed out and die then.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

That looks like you could rip it open with bare hands. Which is good, because you can be certain that this bandages you'll need after doing that are actually still in there.

*coworker's cocaine stash spills onto my steel-toes*

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/JbrunoKFOR/status/1481687732137041929

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Something tells me the City of Del City has a lot of ATM machines...

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Chris Del Chris, NOOOOO!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i knew Del the Funky Homosapien was popular but I didn't know he had his own city

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

fuuuuck.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've been getting a ton of those videos recommended to me with dudes in India redneck engineering poo poo back together, there's a good one on repairing alloy wheels lol

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

I wonder if he's seen the headline yet

Supreme Court blocks Biden OSHA vaccine mandate, allows rule for health care workers

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cthulu Carl posted:

Either that or bombs are a lot cheaper than you think

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Truly, the "and he was just one day from retirement" of arrested bombers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cthulu Carl posted:

But the local OSHA office might not have a department of redundancy department.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Bringing back Mike Rowe is a piece of poo poo chat:

https://twitter.com/BadCOVID19Takes/status/1481748997500985349

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

If there's a 0.03% chance that you will poo poo my pants, I want you to wear diapers.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Username checks out.

I do a few days of viking reenactment every year - it's relaxing to hang around a campfire with some friends and family a few days in summer, as a contrast to the screen-heavy life I lead the rest of the year. For obvious reasons it's been canceled the last few years, but yeah the life/username connection is fairly straightforward. :)

(I've got a modest set of period-correct clothing, but it's stored with the rest of the gear in my parents' house.)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Computer viking posted:

(I've got a modest set of period-correct clothing, but it's stored with the rest of the gear in my parents' house.)

Copied from this I assume?

https://i.imgur.com/lwLbwW4.gifv

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Only the finest of contemporary sources, yes.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

If that's a daily likelihood I think your odds of making GBS threads your pants at least once over a year is just north of 10%. With a team of 6, that's a 50-50 shot at least one of them poo poo themselves last year.

I wouldn't wanna work with them if they ain't diaped-up.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

This ruling is actually a lever to end OSHA entirely. The reason the SC says that OSHA can’t impose Covid related mandates is that you can get Covid outside of the workplace, and since it’s not a work specific hazard, OSHA can’t make rules about it.

Of course, falling down the stairs, lifting heavy objects, listening to something loud, etc are all also things that could happen outside the workplace, and you can expect corporations to appeal absolutely every regulation based on this SC precedent.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

That kind of universal risk is no different from the day-to-day dangers that all face from crime, air pollution,

I guess OSHA can't regulate air quality inside workspaces anymore

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I'm sure they mean "fill it with gasoline in tanks", but I pictured this dude just sticking a gas pump nozzle into the back of a Penske and closing the door really fast.

Also, Oklahoma City? Again? Seems like they get more than their fair share of terrorism for a city their size.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It’s not like there is anything else to do.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/fZTQ7IX.mp4

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/47SogHf.mp4

Landslide in Brazil. No injuries, area was previously evacuated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/47SogHf.mp4

Landslide in Brazil. No injuries, area was previously evacuated.

Brazilian Landslide sounds like a hell of a win in a contested election.