Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyArtistry
Oct 11, 2002

Creating disasters and running away from them since 1981.
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1481715315285319680

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
RIP workers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The proletariat really needs to rise up.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
So I got my first rapid positive 1/4, then rapid & PCR positives on 1/11 (just got the PCR result this morning). Both kids tested negative on monday, and my mom was negative yesterday. So what the gently caress, do I have long, asymptomatic covid? Am I shedding dead virus? I haven't had anything more than the slightest stuffed up nose since the weekend. As far as I know, I never had a fever.

I know the CDC says I'm ready to go blow kisses at the old folks home, but I'm curious what the more rigorous standards of Something Awful Dot Com say.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i know there are cases where people have continued to test positive long after they felt recovered; it might be worth seeing if you can get the CT value for your test, if it's really high then the amount of virus is really negligable

insta
Jan 28, 2009

loving Biden just won't do anything about the pandemic :911:

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I've completely given up hope that anything will happen to really help curb things. It's going to burn through the population and we'll get boosters forever, eventually it will be like the flu and we'll just have killed a lot more people than we needed to to get there.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

insta posted:

loving Biden just won't do anything about the pandemic :911:

Well he tried. The Supreme Court shut him down.

As is tradition.

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Started from the bottom, now we here

Picnic Princess posted:

The proletariat really needs to rise up.

I've already told this story but my company's message boards are filled with the customer-facing employees roasting the white-collar employees for delay after delay returning to the offices. White collar workers are literally shaking at the prospect of it, complaining about anxiety attacks while still being at home.

The proles are over your bougie poo poo, delivering people's meals while people tweet mean things about their Instacart Guy's mask only being cloth and not N95.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Well he tried. The Supreme Court shut him down.

As is tradition.

He was pointing out that everyone is saying how Biden and Democrats are doing nothing, and the fact they have been, and are trying and yet the Republican death march will not stop until we're all dead and gone.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ah right.

Can't wait for the next election when tons of repubs are going to get voted in.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Ah right.

Can't wait for the next election when tons of repubs are going to get voted in.

They deserve a chance to helm the ship of state, don't they? I'm sure the rhetoric will be all about how free and fair our elections are, too.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

Mozi posted:

i know there are cases where people have continued to test positive long after they felt recovered; it might be worth seeing if you can get the CT value for your test, if it's really high then the amount of virus is really negligable

Apparently I'm welcome to physically go to the county health records dept and submit a paper form, and get the result mailed in 3-5 days that should have more detail than the PDF on the site. So that's super useful.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

I’m so loving tired.

Here’s the opinion itself: https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/21a244_hgci.pdf

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Philthy posted:

He was pointing out that everyone is saying how Biden and Democrats are doing nothing, and the fact they have been, and are trying and yet the Republican death march will not stop until we're all dead and gone.

God forbid the Supreme Court stops the President from breaking the law.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

AnnoyBot posted:

Apparently I'm welcome to physically go to the county health records dept and submit a paper form, and get the result mailed in 3-5 days that should have more detail than the PDF on the site. So that's super useful.

ugh, bummer. i would say in the meantime you probably want to be cautious about exposing others but it's very unlikely (on average) that you are that infectious at this point

but i'm just some guy, so, you know

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

It's gonna rule when they over turn Roe v Wade

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Didn't the ceo of Pfizer just say the vaccine does nothing for omicron? Lmao.

Id go on a mandate with him if u know what I mean

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Skyscraper Raccoon posted:

God forbid the Supreme Court stops the President from breaking the law.

Supreme Court already ruled on this in 1905. Vaccine mandates were legal because allowing unvaccinated people in public infringed on other peoples personal liberties.

“compulsion to introduce disease into a healthy system is a violation of liberty.”

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
That's what is weird to me about this whole thing. Like, some dude not wearing a mask coughs on me in a grocery store and I end up getting Covid, even though I'm wearing my mask and trying to keep distant.

That dude is responsible for getting me sick, but there's no actual consequence, is there? Whereas if I just punched a guy in the face, I could be charged with assault.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A Strange Aeon posted:

That's what is weird to me about this whole thing. Like, some dude not wearing a mask coughs on me in a grocery store and I end up getting Covid, even though I'm wearing my mask and trying to keep distant.

That dude is responsible for getting me sick, but there's no actual consequence, is there? Whereas if I just punched a guy in the face, I could be charged with assault.

actually i'm pretty sure it's vampire rules and that makes that guy your lord

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

AnnoyBot posted:

So I got my first rapid positive 1/4, then rapid & PCR positives on 1/11 (just got the PCR result this morning). Both kids tested negative on monday, and my mom was negative yesterday. So what the gently caress, do I have long, asymptomatic covid? Am I shedding dead virus? I haven't had anything more than the slightest stuffed up nose since the weekend. As far as I know, I never had a fever.

I know the CDC says I'm ready to go blow kisses at the old folks home, but I'm curious what the more rigorous standards of Something Awful Dot Com say.

Long COVID generally takes 4-8 weeks to show up from the studies I've read so don't count those chickens just yet!

Skyscraper Raccoon
Jun 12, 2018

Philthy posted:

Supreme Court already ruled on this in 1905. Vaccine mandates were legal because allowing unvaccinated people in public infringed on other peoples personal liberties.

“compulsion to introduce disease into a healthy system is a violation of liberty.”

Well then the SC should be reading the forums more often to find out what the law actually says. They seem to be making a lot of mistakes!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

actually i'm pretty sure it's vampire rules and that makes that guy your lord

Pff not even the bone reaper strain works like that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well that loving sucks.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Charliegrs posted:

Considering how effective it seems to be I'm not really surprised epidemiologists are using it. I mean yeah it's poo water but they probably just take a test tube full of it from the treatment plants so it's probably not as nasty as it seems. And it's effective because literally everyone poos even people who don't even know they have covid. I just wish this type of testing was being done in more places.

I'm a bit miffed that researchers in my city are doing this but not publishing the numbers, as far as I can tell, except to make a press release when they find something noteworthy. It's so goddamn annoying.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Well then the SC should be reading the forums more often to find out what the law actually says. They seem to be making a lot of mistakes!

the supreme court, famous for never interpreting the law in lovely awful ways

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

they're pretty dumb and terrible, yeah

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Woof Blitzer posted:

The shitwater report.

I asked this to be the new thread title, as much as the old one is a classic

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

it's almost as if the SCOTUS has wide latitude to interpret the law to say whatever they want it to say

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

vandalism posted:

This is not correct. He said the following:

quote:

The two doses, they're not enough for omicron," Bourla said. "The third dose of the current vaccine is providing quite good protection against deaths, and decent protection against hospitalizations."

Get boosted. The vaccine is still effective if you get the booster.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

vandalism posted:

Id go on a mandate with him if u know what I mean

This is the kind of bullshit you get when people just skim headlines (Albeit poorly written headlines) and don't read the actual article.

The Pfizer CEO said two does is not enough for omicron but a booster dose is very effective. Which has been known for a while now.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/pfizer-ceo-says-two-covid-vaccine-doses-arent-enough-for-omicron.html

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

uh, these ones here can't mandate a vaccine because it's what the founders wanted. but, uh, those other ones there, they, uh, can. that's also what the founders wanted.
-- the highest and most prestigious court in the USA

:lol:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Charliegrs posted:

This is the kind of bullshit you get when people just skim headlines (Albeit poorly written headlines) and don't read the actual article.

The Pfizer CEO said two does is not enough for omicron but a booster dose is very effective. Which has been known for a while now.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/10/pfizer-ceo-says-two-covid-vaccine-doses-arent-enough-for-omicron.html

Yeah Omicron doesn't give a gently caress. Hopefully we'll get boosters against Omicron, but who knows.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Covid exists outside of the workplace, so OSHA can't regulate it in the workplace

That's in their decision.

Lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

well, cheers to getting drunk on the job america

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm glad they exist but I gotta wonder what drives people into a field where you're sampling human poo poo

That thought process is fascinating to me

At least where I live, working for the water authority is a unionized government job with bulletproof job security

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
legalize weed > an oz of weed per month to every adult in USA > legalize smoking weed on the job > weed prevents covid infections > pandemic over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

They're just choosing to ignore past precedent and ruling by partisan politics. Republicans just want everyone to die.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 14, 2022