Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Did I ever actually beat Snake Rattle 'n' Roll...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

It makes sense if you side with Dagda as you're trying to create a new world so you need to dethrone God. But yeah it makes no sense if you get the "power of friendship" ending.

dagda is a mincing queen and doesn't even have big tits like my various in game gfs, maya, nekomata, etc. oh poo poo and mfin cleopatra

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did I ever actually beat Snake Rattle 'n' Roll...

Dude. Yeah.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yeah I'm not adding every game I've ever played because that's impossible to remember

i've been going through wikipedia lists of games starting with intellivision to remind myself and only putting them in if i beat them. it's been fun. i've beat at least 224 games (i can't find dragon quest 2 or tmnt2: the arcade game), and i haven't gone through gamecube, playstation, playstation 2, wii or wii U yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

added everyone and made a profile. https://ggapp.io/InTraining cheers, i have a excel file that i been using for this that i should copy over

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if you look closely WHICH I DID you can see she's wearing pink clothes that are slightly different from her skin color. nintendo succeeded in keeping us pure and faithful.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i made a page in that site and followed everybody so i hope you follow me back lest i look an utter fool.

https://ggapp.io/bug_deal

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i will be adding everyone when i get home to the computer

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

b_d posted:

if you look closely WHICH I DID you can see she's wearing pink clothes that are slightly different from her skin color. nintendo succeeded in keeping us pure and faithful.

why were you looking so closely

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Me: yeah just gonna add this year's games from now on

Also me scrolling through an imp who followed me's list: yeah I played this too and this and that and ooh nice taste *click click click

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i have a ggapp thing but i forgot to update it for last year, though handily i got THE IMP ZONE GAMES COMPLETED 2021 THREAD for it in case i ever will to and will have done, i did try putting everything i ever recall playing/beating

ggapp.io/Arfjason

anyway, i started my year of gradius by beating SCRAMBLE, of which gradius is a spiritual successor and even apparently started development as SCRAMBLE 2.

infuriating. a sudden spike of annoying unpredictable bullshit near the end, followed by a gauntlet of tight corridors in a game that only lets you advance up to the middle of the screen. took me about one hour, and i cant even imagine how angry this would have made me if there had actually been any monetary transaction involved.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i just noticed that at some point the gg app website made me automatically follow the site's creator and an account for the site itself (?) thanks for the website dude but i don't give a CRAP about your taste in games. unfollowed.

Plebian Parasite posted:

why were you looking so closely

:ninja:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://ggapp.io/knuc

Had the chance to play around and add everyone. I like how simple this site is and the list feature is cool.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

https://ggapp.io/knuc

Had the chance to play around and add everyone. I like how simple this site is and the list feature is cool.

i like looking back at the previous years games beat lists as a visual

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

https://ggapp.io/TokyoSexwale

I'm not likely to remember every game I've ever played, just the ones I've been recently/repeatedly enough to remember

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i like looking back at the previous years games beat lists as a visual

It is nice. I even went back to the 2020 thread and listed it all.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
let us beat some games

https://ggapp.io/elfbutt

i used to use backloggery for this but fell off that years ago

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i wish i had played this version. even the normal song is catchy though, lol.

Spelunker
while this metroidvania was designed for the previous generation of consoles, it was at the tail end during the crash, so the NES version is perhaps the most well-known. apparently this is infamous for its poor controls, and don't get me wrong, they're bad, but i think it's just the game's complicated development cycle make it a second generation game on a third generation console. more than anything else, this feels like playing Pitfall, and it controls about how Pitfall did. that just feels terrible because it's on a console with games that control more like Super Mario Bros. you can only fall a couple of pixels, and the slightest tap when you're climbing a rope makes your guy climb off of it into thin air. areas like this make you break out into a cold sweat:

that's basically the major problem: the jumping requires very precise inputs. it's intentional that it's hard, but it's naturally pretty frustrating. but it's cool! you have a limited power supply that ticks down as you explore, and there are batteries that recover it at set points in the cave. other things you can collect are treasures, keys, bombs and flares. treasures give you points. keys (there are blue and red) unlock doors of their color, and bombs can blow up boulders that block your path. there are only two enemies in the game: a bat and a ghost. you can temporarily scare the bat away with a flare, and you can bust the ghost at the cost of some of your power supply. they're not nearly as much of a threat as falling off a ladder or missing your jump by a pixel. the game has checkpoints where you recover your power. it's a pretty good game if you think of it as an atari game with upscaled graphics rather than a nintendo game.

full disclosure, the game puts you back in the same cave but ups the difficulty something like six times, but i only played through the first cycle. that felt like enough, i got a victory screen:

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
https://ggapp.io/RoboErectus

Seems like a cool site, yeah backlog is out of hand, I realize I try to play too many games at once, one day I will beat Dragons Dogma and Monster Hunter World

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Spy Hunter
not much to say about this one. it's a top down vertical driving game. the road is endless and there is no ending, so i played until i felt like i'd seen everything. you have infinite bullets and you're trying to shoot enemy cars while avoiding civilians. you can also get some special weapons. it's supposed to feel kind of like you're in a james bond car chase scene, and it sort of does, for awhile. there are cars trying to shoot you, some trying to blow out your tires or run you off the road, and helicopters dropping bombs. there are even boats later. it was probably a great arcade game to sit in back in like 1983 but the NES port doesn't feel fleshed out.

Sqoon
middling horizontal shmup in which you play a submarine. the idea is that invaders from neptune have melted the polar ice caps and you are rescuing people they've kidnapped. each "phase" (there are 8) has a little cityscape at the beginning that's supposed to be a different earth city that's now underwater. it's got the basics - you have missiles that fire below and a basic attack that fires forward and you can upgrade each once. no shield and no choices of powerup. the "bosses" are all just little neptunian bases that have three parts to hit. sometimes there are little neptune bases you can shoot that release people you can rescue. the quirky thing is that you have a certain amount of fuel that gradually runs out, and the only way to refill it is to either A) rescue 9 people or B) have rescued at least one person and shoot a crab at the bottom of the screen and grab the dot he leaves behind quickly. this was an interesting mechanic and creates all of the challenge in the game, but it gets really repetitive. game loops at the end without a cut scene. someone at quality control was sleeping on the job again because there is a topless mermaid in the game.

next up is a power pad game called Stadium Events.

e: or........ not. next up is Star Voyager. i'll talk more about Stadium Events if and when i get World Class Track Meet later, but the short version is that they're the same game and i will play it under World Class Track Meet.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 13, 2022

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

3) inbento

cute little puzzle game about cats making bento.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

i wish i had played this version. even the normal song is catchy though, lol.

Spelunker
while this metroidvania was designed for the previous generation of consoles, it was at the tail end during the crash, so the NES version is perhaps the most well-known. apparently this is infamous for its poor controls, and don't get me wrong, they're bad, but i think it's just the game's complicated development cycle make it a second generation game on a third generation console. more than anything else, this feels like playing Pitfall, and it controls about how Pitfall did. that just feels terrible because it's on a console with games that control more like Super Mario Bros. you can only fall a couple of pixels, and the slightest tap when you're climbing a rope makes your guy climb off of it into thin air. areas like this make you break out into a cold sweat:

that's basically the major problem: the jumping requires very precise inputs. it's intentional that it's hard, but it's naturally pretty frustrating. but it's cool! you have a limited power supply that ticks down as you explore, and there are batteries that recover it at set points in the cave. other things you can collect are treasures, keys, bombs and flares. treasures give you points. keys (there are blue and red) unlock doors of their color, and bombs can blow up boulders that block your path. there are only two enemies in the game: a bat and a ghost. you can temporarily scare the bat away with a flare, and you can bust the ghost at the cost of some of your power supply. they're not nearly as much of a threat as falling off a ladder or missing your jump by a pixel. the game has checkpoints where you recover your power. it's a pretty good game if you think of it as an atari game with upscaled graphics rather than a nintendo game.

full disclosure, the game puts you back in the same cave but ups the difficulty something like six times, but i only played through the first cycle. that felt like enough, i got a victory screen:

spelunker had an arcade port done by irem in 1985 during the weird post loderunner borderbund game boom in japan. its still pretty popular in japan and square released a lovely updated on switch in like 2018. goodbye.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://ggapp.io/dinosaurjerk add me

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

https://ggapp.io/tawal I also made one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I only do follow 4 follow.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Lost Judgment.

I only did like 18 out of 42 side cases, so still a long way to go.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

spelunker had an arcade port done by irem in 1985 during the weird post loderunner borderbund game boom in japan. its still pretty popular in japan and square released a lovely updated on switch in like 2018. goodbye.

spelunker party on switch is very good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

spelunker party on switch is very good

i haven't actually played it and called it lovely because square expects me to pay 30 dollars. die!

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Baxate posted:

Lost Judgment.

I only did like 18 out of 42 side cases, so still a long way to go.

I was going to do all the school stories but I hate the stupid robot club

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked the robot club. i hated the motorcycle game tho.

just set the difficulty to easy and u can win easy :D :D i guess youll still need to do a couple grind battles for parts tho

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I only do follow 4 follow.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
2. Pac-Man World 3 (Normal)

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat coryoon: child of dragon. its a cutsey pc engine stg where you are a dragon who has to collect fruit. its really easy and takes like an hour to beat. a pair of evil hands has turned the sexy anime princess into a chibi version of herself. can coryoon save the princess form the worst anime trend of the early 90s and return her to normal size, so he can go back to nestling himself between her anime boobs? gird your yourself in giant giant pineapples, bust out your moms credit card, head to ebay, spend 600+ dollars on a hucard and see if you have what it takes to win today.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/coryoon/ check it out its cool

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i liked the robot club. i hated the motorcycle game tho.

just set the difficulty to easy and u can win easy :D :D i guess youll still need to do a couple grind battles for parts tho

I got caught up in the main quest and couldnt progress the school stories as much as I wanted so I’m still on the dance club. Now that the story is over this is where the game begins :cool:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

i beat coryoon: child of dragon. its a cutsey pc engine stg where you are a dragon who has to collect fruit. its really easy and takes like an hour to beat. a pair of evil hands has turned the sexy anime princess into a chibi version of herself. can coryoon save the princess form the worst anime trend of the early 90s and return her to normal size, so he can go back to nestling himself between her anime boobs? gird your yourself in giant giant pineapples, bust out your moms credit card, head to ebay, spend 600+ dollars on a hucard and see if you have what it takes to win today.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/coryoon/ check it out its cool

this game is cool

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[2] Mass Effect - Legendary Edition (XSX) 1/14/22

Review:
I beat this game 3 times now over the last 15 years and I still really like it. It's really ambitious for a 2007 game and a reminder for those who liked old Bioware games what we lost. I love the setting of this game, the detailed lore, the little details like descriptions of each planet. I don't mind a lot of the things people hate about this game, like the Mako sections. It's fun landing on random planets and seeing different slices of biome, just driving around. Another thing about this game I love is the music, which fits perfectly to each scene. The characters are mostly boring outside of a few like Wrex, but it's forgivable since you only spend time with them on your ship as you see fit. I also hosed the blue alien, which was awesome in glorious HD.
The problem with this game is the combat, and it leaves a lot to be desired. Frankly, it's terrible. The items you get from drops and chests are all very pointless outside of watching number go up (and even then its hard to tell because I'm pretty sure there is level scaling). Also, the animations in combat are all loving terrible as well. One other thing that really annoyed me is that the sprint makes your military guy tired after 4 seconds.
The negatives don't weigh down how fun it is to be a psychopath in this game, threatening everyone, killing people for the slightest grief they give you, and generally being an insane rear end in a top hat, which more games need to let you do.

8/10

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ME1 combat is really boring to me right up until you hit endgame and start getting the really stupid weapon mods that give bullets +10000% weapon force and you make a shotgun that hits enemies so hard they clip into the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Plebian Parasite posted:

ME1 combat is really boring to me right up until you hit endgame and start getting the really stupid weapon mods that give bullets +10000% weapon force and you make a shotgun that hits enemies so hard they clip into the wall

I don't even bother witha ny of that lol