Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Oh man... didn't know he wanted to harbor / employ / enslave the wayward. That's weird!!

Knew about the food banks and donations to shelters. I think this is what you're supposed to do with unsaleable food products because they're too close to or past their expiration date? So this is kind of like bragging about court-mandated volunteering lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

mkvltra posted:

Knew about the food banks and donations to shelters. I think this is what you're supposed to do with unsaleable food products because they're too close to or past their expiration date? So this is kind of like bragging about court-mandated volunteering lol

Yeah in his farewell he mentions they gave away "tons" of frozen lasagnas and it was 100% because they couldn't sell them in time

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/garfieldscreens/status/1481473595364843521?s=21

Anti vax cat paying for his ignorance, rip

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mozi posted:

on the other hand garfield is openly abusive to jon and odie and we all love him so who's to say what's right really
jon and odie aren't real cats

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Turns out Nick is trying to take back the garf mascot costume from Nathen, since there's only two of them apparently.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This may not end well.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BigBadSteve posted:

It's quite a jump from "Nathen hit his cat once when drunk and he regretted it afterwards so much he gave up alcohol'" to this.

Goons can be an obsessive, resentful bunch.

it's the beard moreso than the cat

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I’m assuming Nick intends to burn the suit and just needs to get it away from Nathen.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

CodfishCartographer posted:

Turns out Nick is trying to take back the garf mascot costume from Nathen, since there's only two of them apparently.

Next pic is Nathan holding a knife to the stuffed Garf costume threatening to return it.. in pieces

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
they could just have another suit made. i don't believe that

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He mentioned repeatedly that he spent $11,000 on it. Why would Nickelodeon be entitled to it?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
I could see Nathen grabbing the suit and using his dad's money to flee to a tropical country that doesn't have extradition treaties with the US or Canada.

That is, I could see him doing it even if he's lying about Nickelodeon trying to get the suit back.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Frank Frank posted:

He mentioned repeatedly that he spent $11,000 on it. Why would Nickelodeon be entitled to it?

I thought he said it was worth $14,000. Which could mean anything.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Someone at Viacom saw him making out with it lol

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Yeah, they could make another suit. They smartly want Nathen NOT to have one.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
all nathen has to do is remove his human suit to reveal the garfield beneath

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The fatal farm guys are desperately trying to get in touch with/away from him

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen. We know what you did with the suit.
Return the suit Nathen. It’s unnatural.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Even in death, he's rich. gently caress u, got mine! :rip:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I’m sorry Jon

But it’s Nathan

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Can't believe so many obsessive embittered goons are making fun of a rich guy's obsession with a mascot costume.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Amid all the suit insanity Nathen is also selling merchandise with his “one of a kind” NFTs printed on them.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Steve Jorbs posted:

Amid all the suit insanity Nathen is also selling merchandise with his “one of a kind” NFTs printed on them.

I think I get NFTs even less now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Steve Jorbs posted:

They're like pictures of his random junk (aprons, garfield poo poo) run through a photoshop filter right?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
No that sounds like tshirts with the NFTs on the tshirt. It uses organic block threads and 1% of profits goes to the foundation for good

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Read the whole thread. Suppression is sexcy

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Nick is going to send in Jim Davis to get the suit back, appeal to Nathen's love of the old man

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
He's demanding that his followers go comment on IG over the suit thing because.. that means war apparently? And maybe the weight of comments will..

I can't even figure out what is supposed to happen if a lot of people comment on Instagram.

Also, the server has become deeply weird, and kind of creepy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

pseudanonymous posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Escape From Noise posted:

Can't believe so many obsessive embittered goons are making fun of a rich guy's obsession with a mascot costume.

and yet you participate in the thread! Curious

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

and yet you participate in the thread! Curious

Careful! Or I'll put u in fork jail!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

He's demanding that his followers go comment on IG over the suit thing because.. that means war apparently? And maybe the weight of comments will..

I can't even figure out what is supposed to happen if a lot of people comment on Instagram.

Lol. He's become some kind of weird, petty... warlord? Garf Lord! Lord of the Garf!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Frank Frank posted:

I’d guess that in reality, Nathen was lent the suit contingent on holding the license (along with being granted other largely-worthless things like the crates of DVDs they couldn’t sell and the like).

Now that he no longer holds the license, it’s just some lawyer’s job to cross the Ts and dot the Is and ask the crazy man for the suit back.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

What would Nick do if Nathen returned the Garf suit all completely crusty with dried cum? If they complained, would it stand up in court?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
didn't he say people had bought his NFTs? he doesn't have a single bid listed on that stupid loving site that owns all the urls to them.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mimesweeper posted:

didn't he say people had bought his NFTs? he doesn't have a single bid listed on that stupid loving site that owns all the urls to them.

Lmao

Whoa! These things are going fast! Better buy one quick before they're all gone!

Wonder if he can donate these to the local soup kitchen too.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

He's noticeably more insane on Facebook story posts for some reason. I don't know if he doesn't understand that "self-hides after 24 hours" doesn't mean "no one can preserve the evidence of my madness" or what, but that's where he posted his anti-vax rants, his Garf Makeout, and now this.

I'm weirdly fascinated to watch the internet's atomize/filter/go crazy sequence in real time, though, now that he's built himself a place where he can be surrounded only by people who [pretend to] take him seriously and act interested in everything he does/says.

e: also there's some Trump style Very Normal Standing Posture in this photo.

Mimesweeper posted:

He's lying about the popularity of his products???????? shocked pikachu face

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this guy is full on loco now

itll just get more tragic

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Akratic Method posted:

He's lying about the popularity of his products???????? shocked pikachu face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

GolfHole posted:

this guy is full on loco now

itll just get more tragic

The Inverse Rule of the Internet is that as a previously minor internet celebrity loses interest from the general public, their actions will become increasingly unhinged as they struggle to maintain the air of celebrity they once enjoyed