Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Memento posted:

Nice of him to take some time out from being mates with white supremacists to put in his two cents

Oh, I didn't know that about him. Guess I won't be watching any more of his videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Memento posted:

Nice of him to take some time out from being mates with white supremacists to put in his two cents

He can’t help it, he’s Australian

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Tiggum posted:

Oh, I didn't know that about him. Guess I won't be watching any more of his videos.

Yeah I don't know who he is but googling showed me a speedrun commenter I like cut all ties with him, which is nice to hear

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oof didn’t know that either, gently caress.

This is why I’ve always been Team Billy. The true king of Kong.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yeah I don't know who he is but googling showed me a speedrun commenter I like cut all ties with him, which is nice to hear

There's one named rwhitegoose who is all in on anti-Semitism and poo poo, plenty of screenshots of him talking about The Jewish Question, for example, and Jobst continues to support him, collaborate with him and not say a single word about it when asked.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

He also hilariously tried to dabble in PUA poo poo back in like 2014.

I mean, it's mostly about 'confidence' and i don't think he went into that weird negging poo poo (although I haven't done an in depth look) so it's not as bad as the white supremacy thing but it's still funny.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
His videos on the subject of the graded game price inflation are pretty good primers regardless of whatever other misgivings you have about him personally

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Lmao even on his own book cover the women are more into each other than him.

Heath posted:

His videos on the subject of the graded game price inflation are pretty good primers regardless of whatever other misgivings you have about him personally

Idk what this is but I'm probably good not learning

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Garrand posted:

I mean, it's mostly about 'confidence' and i don't think he went into that weird negging poo poo (although I haven't done an in depth look) so it's not as bad as the white supremacy thing but it's still funny.

WHAT is that COVER

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Garrand posted:

It's about confidence in the same way all pua stuff is about confidence. You get the confidence to talk to women by seeing them as objects. Even at its mildest, pua stuff teaches men to think of women and relationships as something where you put the right performance in one end and sex pops out the other.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Memento posted:

There's one named rwhitegoose who is all in on anti-Semitism and poo poo, plenty of screenshots of him talking about The Jewish Question, for example, and Jobst continues to support him, collaborate with him and not say a single word about it when asked.

This is demonstrably incorrect, Jobst talked about it at length in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_jcpig-C2s

e: and he leaves it up to you whether you want to keep watching his stuff or not, so whatever choice anyone makes is of course fine. I'm just pointing out that Karl Jobst has actually addressed the issue head on publicly.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Arivia posted:

This is demonstrably incorrect, Jobst talked about it at length in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_jcpig-C2s

e: and he leaves it up to you whether you want to keep watching his stuff or not, so whatever choice anyone makes is of course fine. I'm just pointing out that Karl Jobst has actually addressed the issue head on publicly.

Well excuse me for not paying attention to the dude who looked like a white supremacist apologist since I found out about it three years ago, better catch up on all of his defence which I'm sure will be "I was making off colour jokes with a friend, it was just banter"

This is the friend in question, by the way

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Memento posted:

Well excuse me for not paying attention to the dude who looked like a white supremacist apologist since I found out about it three years ago, better catch up on all of his defence which I'm sure will be "I was making off colour jokes with a friend, it was just banter"

This is the friend in question, by the way

yeah, you should watch the video dude/doll/nonbinary. like you can believe or not believe karl but it has been three, now four years and there's a lot of time for things to change since then.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Arivia posted:

yeah, you should watch the video dude/doll/nonbinary. like you can believe or not believe karl but it has been three, now four years and there's a lot of time for things to change since then.

Oh I'm certain he's a lot more careful about who he is seen associating with these days.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Garrand posted:

"You see this woman about to eat her girlfriend out. How do you open?"

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

That title always gives me hints of that sears commercial.

"I'll approach her today"
"You'll approach her now"
"I'll approach her now"

E:"tomorrow's going to be even hotter"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Waste of Breath posted:

Lmao even on his own book cover the women are more into each other than him.

Idk what this is but I'm probably good not learning

It was a page ago

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Memento posted:

Oh I'm certain he's a lot more careful about who he is seen associating with these days.

I don't think this "make a snap judgment about someone and never reconsider it years later" technique will serve you well in life but I wish you luck anyway. You're the one getting immensely angry about being proven incorrect about your allegation that Karl never talked about his relationship with rwhitegoose, and you're doubling down on it repeatedly.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
you do not in fact gotta hand it to karl "jap isn't a slur i am from queensland" jobst

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Garrand posted:

That title always gives me hints of that sears commercial.

"I'll approach her today"
"You'll approach her now"
"I'll approach her now"

E:"tomorrow's going to be even hotter"

Sears really failed with the "softer side" eh?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Arivia posted:

I don't think this "make a snap judgment about someone and never reconsider it years later" technique will serve you well in life but I wish you luck anyway. You're the one getting immensely angry about being proven incorrect about your allegation that Karl never talked about his relationship with rwhitegoose, and you're doubling down on it repeatedly.

Immensely angry? I'm really curious as to where you got that impression.

Also I just said he didn't speak about it, and I guess good for him that he addressed it, but there's enough content creators out there that I don't feel the need to defend the ones that have the history he does. Call me cynical but I don't believe that the leopard can change his shorts.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Arivia posted:

I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video titled "I'm Being SUED And CANCELLED!" (this is literally the title) with a memey splash page to find out how this guy really feels about his anti-Semite friends.

Who is this person to you, and why are you so keen on defending them?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

EL BROMANCE posted:

Oof didn’t know that either, gently caress.

This is why I’ve always been Team Billy. The true king of Kong.

I've got some bad news for you, friend

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The only hits I saw for ‘billy mitchell racist’ were for that dumbass Bill Mitchell, so I’m going to live in naïveté and support the local boy.

Not that weird rear end spider collecting fucker Todd Rogers, though.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
drat, I had no idea about Karl Jobst either. I landed on his video about the retro game prices late last year and thought it was good but yeah, won’t be going back.

There’s the whole thing with Billy Mitchell (from the king of kong doco) suing him for saying he cheated on his high scores, which is pretty funny because it’s Billy ‘American flag tie’ Mitchell. I’m hoping for a judgement of “both defendants are guilty and must be banished”.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

More like Karl Jobsn't.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

you do not in fact gotta hand it to karl "jap isn't a slur i am from queensland" jobst

Oh he's from Queensland that explains a lot.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I don't know anything about Jobst but I couldn't finish that sued and cancelled video due to the way he speaks in it, the vocal inflections and speaking style made me irrationally mad.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Queensland: The Texorida of the Antipodes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kenning posted:

Queensland: The Texorida of the Antipodes.

Yeah basically.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sorry folks, Troy Baker (very big voice actor in video games) sucks as well.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1481869350621437955?s=20

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Arivia posted:

what do you think the was judged for

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

BrigadierSensible posted:

Only if the solution contained enough Peanut Butter.

i thought i imagined that movie

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Detheros posted:

Sorry folks, Troy Baker (very big voice actor in video games) sucks as well.

https://twitter.com/TroyBakerVA/status/1481869350621437955?s=20

At least he is getting bodied in the comments

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Voyager I posted:

I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video titled "I'm Being SUED And CANCELLED!" (this is literally the title) with a memey splash page to find out how this guy really feels about his anti-Semite friends.

Who is this person to you, and why are you so keen on defending them?

someone whose youtube videos i enjoy watching. that's it.

yeah, it's a badly titled video. like i said, i don't blame anyone for going any which way on what they think of karl. i was responding to the statement that karl had never talked about interacting with rwhitegoose, i didn't say "WATCH THIS VIDEO AND YOU'LL SEE KARL IS COMPLETELY WITHOUT BLAME" (this would be stupid because karl owns a bunch of blame in the video.) social media ostracization sucks and i think it's pretty lovely to go "hey i heard this person was bad four years ago" and not look at anything else to the contrary ever, which is what Memento doubled down on. that's stupid. be adults, be willing to reassess things, and frequently yeah things end up staying lovely. do as you like, i just object to the idea that there's absolutely no room for discussing what has happened beyond the major Twitter groupthink.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ok so I'm just stupid now, not "immensely angry", good to know.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Memento posted:

Ok so I'm just stupid now, not "immensely angry", good to know.

you sounded like you were getting very angry and very defensive about being told you were incorrect! it might not have been accurate but it was a reasonable reading of your post!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm loving furious

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like Troy Baker but he’s always seemed up his own rear end a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I remember seeing some Twitter posts (I think) about somebody that was buying Tesla with Bitcoin and it timed out, and a response was "consider it a donation to Elon Musk" or something like that, I tried googling but couldn't find it, anyone have it to share?