Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

cum jabbar posted:

The only good diablike is Borderlands because the combat actually feels like something

Only Borderlands 3, where the good drops happen at a rate thats worth a drat.

It also has the only music in the series worth listening to. The composer actually tries in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Stux is right. Diablo 3 is like the most boring game I own on switch. All this stuff opens up after you beat it but beating it was so uninteresting that I couldn’t bring myself to be inspired to check any of it out. Playing it hand held made it look all muddy, combat was basically nothing.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Diablo 2 was a good game but is now a bad game that gameplay wise did not age well unless you're a gambling addict. It had its time and place.

Diablo 3 was never good. Awful story, graphics, everything.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shweet. is the new kirby going to be good?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cavauro posted:

We won’t know until it comes out but I see nothing wrong with it so far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

We won’t know until it comes out but I see nothing wrong with it so far

So far it doesn't look like Waluigi is in it

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So far it doesn't look like Waluigi is in it

Sounds fantastic. Give the dev team a raise.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Cavauro posted:

Nah it's going to be a 7/10 game and Kirby's firearms are gonna have durability.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kirby and the forgotten land will be Switch Game of the Year.

Because BOTW2 is getting delayed into 2023.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cartoon Man posted:

Kirby and the forgotten land will be Switch Game of the Year.

Because Metroid Prime Trilogy is getting delayed into 2025.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Stux is right. Diablo 3 is like the most boring game I own on switch. All this stuff opens up after you beat it but beating it was so uninteresting that I couldn’t bring myself to be inspired to check any of it out. Playing it hand held made it look all muddy, combat was basically nothing.

Beating the story mode campaign unlocks the actual game Diablo III. The campaign is like 10% of the Diablo experience. You probably didn’t even hit max level if you only beat Diablo, and the game doesn’t really even start until level 70.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Bust Rodd posted:

The campaign is like 10% of the Diablo experience.

The other 90% is Having A Gambling Problem.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I like Diablo 3 but not having adventure mode available from the very start is enough to never recommend it to anyone imo. The campaign is dreadful and making players slog through it is moronic

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm pretty sure adventure mode has been available from the start for like two or more years now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
More like 5 years, but yeah, you don’t have to play the terrible campaign

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Beating the story mode campaign unlocks the actual game Diablo III. The campaign is like 10% of the Diablo experience. You probably didn’t even hit max level if you only beat Diablo, and the game doesn’t really even start until level 70.

On the switch you can do adventure mode immediately

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You can adventure now or later now and then. 2-5 years ago immediately

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Cavauro posted:

It looks like it might be.

I'm always surprised how much I enjoy Kirby or how much Kirby I've played because it's not a game series I think about very often, but it's true I've played it a lot. Star Allies, which I think is fine, really revealed to me how much I enjoy the franchise, since it's a bit of a love letter to the series with all the callbacks. It was, however, a dead easy game, and honestly the abilities it featured didn't wow me all that much. It's neat the game has developed Smash like controls to produce all sorts of attacks, but they're all nearly 100% useless in the context of the main game and while you can truly amp the difficulty later I don't feel like that's really a selling point. Running through the game with all new powers and characters is also fun, but very repetitive since it's the same levels over and over again.

This new game looks really different. It's not 2D and they're not pushing the 4 player free-for-all which makes the actions seem far less busy than in SA, which at some points felt like it auto-played. It seems like it may have a bit more experimentation, and those are always the best Kirby's. He's a great vehicle for creative game design and I'm hoping that's what this one has to some degree.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cavauro posted:

Absolutely.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cavauro posted:

Is the pope catholic?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Bust Rodd posted:

I hate to agree with Bust Rodd but yes it is a bad game.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
diablo 2, like the castlevanias, is fully worth playing for the aesthetics alone

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

b_d posted:

i'm pretty sure adventure mode has been available from the start for like two or more years now.

I bought it during season 24 and it was still a requirement to finish campaign to unlock adventure mode just fyi

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

agree to disagree.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

https://www.fanbyte.com/playing/diablo-3-on-switch-unlocks-its-best-mode-from-the-start/

this is from three days after the switch version released. just fyi

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah I got it like 2 years or so ago and you can play Adventure mode from the start.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
diablo 3 haters get skunked, it's the best game that sucks that's ever been made

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I remember years back when I tried following threads on SA about Diablo or the very similar Path of Exile, and was amazed that 99% of the talk was incomprehensible poo poo about items, collecting items, or trading items. This taught me that apparently, the reason Diablo III and the more cartoonish ARPGs like Torchlight I-III leave me so cold and uninterested was that most people apparently play these games for completely different reasons then me.

Based on this, Diablo III having more than just me complaining about it must mean that it is seriously hosed.

In comparison, I play ARPGs for the simple fun of killing, leveling up, and more killing. Getting better gear is nice, but more of an optional bonus. Oh, and as son as the campaign is finished, I'm done with the game. If I think it was really good, I'll eventually start fresh, but otherwise, good bye, game.

Apparently 99% of people are only playing those games like they're roleplaying garbage collectors, which is something I always found unappealing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is the pope catholic?

No, hes satanic. Jack chick told me so

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I have a friend that's never finished a campaign of Path if Exile because when new neat loot drops that doesn't work with his current character he just stops playing them and starts over

That sounds absolutely dreadful to me. The part in Diablo 3 where I could just respec on the fly was the best addition to the arpg genre

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
why play diablo 3 coop when you can play that weird diablo clone with the anime girl who is some sort of witch librarian who will just not shut up in coop instead?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Part of the issue is the Blizzard gave the script to arguably the single least talented person to have ever worked there and the result is a campaign so fiendishly bad you have to see it to believe it.

Like “the Demon of war deploys no strategy and tells you all of his moves as they are happening, the demon of lies doesn’t actually really lie about anything” etc etc it’s just like so bad you could be excused for thinking he was trying to get fired on purpose.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where's that asswipe hiding? Is a pretty great mode in toads

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Path of Exile is fun when you get a particular build going that melts enemies in your vicinity. Trying to get a good grasp of it's massive sphere grid takes ages though.

Also playing through the story every time you start a new league sucks.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bust Rodd posted:

Part of the issue is the Blizzard gave the script to arguably the single least talented person to have ever worked there and the result is a campaign so fiendishly bad you have to see it to believe it.

Like “the Demon of war deploys no strategy and tells you all of his moves as they are happening, the demon of lies doesn’t actually really lie about anything” etc etc it’s just like so bad you could be excused for thinking he was trying to get fired on purpose.

I did at least appreciate that your character figures out that the kid emperor is actually Belial. It's pretty bleeding obvious to the player and I liked that my character wasn't an idiot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bust Rodd posted:

I mean, this is the studio that looked at the entire WoW playerbase collectively going, "I really hope they' don't try to redeem Zombie Hitler, it'd be loving stupid" while speculating over expansion story progression, and had the writing team ultimately deciding "Hey, here's a cool idea for the story; Let's try to redeem Zombie Hitler!! :pseudo:". There's a pretty low bar for talent in Blizzard's house nowadays.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Golden Goat posted:

Path of Exile is fun when you get a particular build going that melts enemies in your vicinity. Trying to get a good grasp of it's massive sphere grid takes ages though.

Also playing through the story every time you start a new league sucks.

For a while, I tried trying out new leagues, but as it turns out, I'm not playing video games enough for that to make sense, especially now that Path of Exile has 10+ chapters instead of the 3 it started with. So I stopped even looking at the leagues and have just slowly making my way through the campaign with my fire witch, setting things on fire.

And I appreciate how absolute nuts I can go with this concept, including skills to reduce fire resists, skills to burn through fire resists and just flat-out turning all my damage output into more fire. Is it dumb? Yes. Is it awesome if you eventually get so good at fire you can burn down a creature made of fire with your fire? hell yes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stux posted:

3 blows rear end

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
think you'll find it's the magic number actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Sudden Javelin posted: