Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

I watched the first episode of borba fett. It was fine. The editing and choreography felt very stilted though.

As for Blade, motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Eternals had some gorgeous cinematography, thanks to a lot of wide shots in very scenic locations. I feel like it would have been better if it weren’t an MCU movie. It’s hard to generate a lot of interest in all the new mythology they are laying down in a world that already has so much goddamned mythology built in.

I did notice that the credits very prominently said “The Eternals Will Return”, to which I asked “Will they?”

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

Lingo Season 5 Episode 30 review:

Ultimately this is a classic episode. The banter between Chuck and Shandi is on full display here. Some highlights include "briss" not being an acceptable word to which Chuck says "there's a Hebrew way to spell it, I believe" and one lady guessing E A G E L.

However the best part is the first 15 seconds which I suggest watching yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPzfGE3fyBQ

Bret there’s like 25 blimps left in the world you picked an absolutely dire profession my guy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What version of Dawn of the Dead do people prefer? The Romero cut or the Argento cut with the Goblin music? I want to pick up the movie since I only watched it once years ago but I don't know which is the preferred version.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Lingo Season 5 Episode 30 review:

Ultimately this is a classic episode. The banter between Chuck and Shandi is on full display here. Some highlights include "briss" not being an acceptable word to which Chuck says "there's a Hebrew way to spell it, I believe" and one lady guessing E A G E L.

However the best part is the first 15 seconds which I suggest watching yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPzfGE3fyBQ

amazing that i'm seeing this video for the second time today

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CODChimera posted:

amazing that i'm seeing this video for the second time today

I had to finish the whole thing so I could review it for the boys.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

LanceHunter posted:

Just watched the series finale of The Expanse. It was pretty good in and of itself, but also frustrating how they basically left a big cliffhanger in terms of all the alien poo poo. It feels a bit like baiting their fan base to try and petition for more seasons.

Just watched it now, yeah it was a good finale for the main cast but the overarching plot stuff is so left hanging.

Why have all those kinda weird Laconia bits at the start of each episode of this season if it doesn’t pay off at all with that freaky ship and the zombie kid???

Come on Bezos order more seasons you gently caress! Get off your dick rocket bullshit already! Maybe a new primary cast if the other one doesn’t want to make it anymore or something.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Druig.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Arc Hammer posted:

What version of Dawn of the Dead do people prefer? The Romero cut or the Argento cut with the Goblin music? I want to pick up the movie since I only watched it once years ago but I don't know which is the preferred version.

The remake :v:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

“Drop the ‘i’ - it’s cleaner”

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

The last time I watched it (during my October horror movie-a-thon last year), it was the Argento version, so I'd probably go with that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LanceHunter posted:

Eternals had some gorgeous cinematography, thanks to a lot of wide shots in very scenic locations. I feel like it would have been better if it weren’t an MCU movie. It’s hard to generate a lot of interest in all the new mythology they are laying down in a world that already has so much goddamned mythology built in.

I came home the other day and my housemate was watching it and said the exact same thing. It would have been so much better received if it didn’t have any MCU connection at all (but it also wouldn’t have gotten made so what can ya do)

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Arc Hammer posted:

Overall I'd say the Theatrical one
The Argneto cut has the best pacing but cuts out a few really great bits and I was unreasonably annoyed that The Gonk didn't play over the end credits. The extended edition is a bit plodding but I'd still recommend it for people doing a rewatch just so they can enjoy all the content

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
The amount of Pissgo apologism itt is like smdh

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Posting on the sex number page while I imagine Rich Evans and his clone wife locked in the embrace of lovers and unleashing their orgasmic angel laughs into each other's grundles.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Well I'm upset

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I normally like these catch-up vids, but this one was a bit sleeper. Mostly because of a lack of movies, not them. Oh and shittalking Kevin Spacey was great.

Sankara fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 14, 2022

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Kingo Ligma posted:

Posting on the sex number page while I imagine Rich Evans and his clone wife locked in the embrace of lovers and unleashing their orgasmic angel laughs into each other's grundles.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Arc Hammer posted:

US Theatrical.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
watching the bozo bit and laughing so hard. is it really really funny to anyone else how the rlm boys forrest gumped their way through pop culture

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

watching the bozo bit and laughing so hard. is it really really funny to anyone else how the rlm boys forrest gumped their way through pop culture

Can't take my eyes off Dick the birthday boy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Does the original hold up?

I remember seeing a couple reruns at a friend's way back and it seemed good.

Yes and No. It holds up in adventure and character and good looking period pieces. It doesn't hold up in like sex and race politics, which theoretically a new one would be much better at. Like for example, gay people might exist in the new one.

Like the old one was a "progressive for its time, cringe that this was progressive for its time" like much of original star Trek.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yes and No. It holds up in adventure and character and good looking period pieces. It doesn't hold up in like sex and race politics, which theoretically a new one would be much better at. Like for example, gay people might exist in the new one.

Like the old one was a "progressive for its time, cringe that this was progressive for its time" like much of original star Trek.

Huh interesting, that makes sense.

I'm going to watch the ep "Shock Theater"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arc Hammer posted:

so it's not a growth industyr, big deal. Market yourself as an artisinal blimp cleaner

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shows do need to go back to being episodic if the streaming services wanna be jackasses and go back to dropping an episode a week.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Shows do need to go back to being episodic if the streaming services wanna be jackasses and go back to dropping an episode a week.

But then how can you let the world know that you're a SART WARST fan every single week like this guy below?????? (I'm sorry I saw this on random IG feed and now you have to)

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 14, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gently caress you

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I thought you let people like things

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sir, this is RLM thread, liking things is verboten now go watch Boba Fett show the 4th time

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'll let people like things alright.... But not those things those are uncouth!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

That was only for M4trix. The haterade can flow freely elsewhere.

I'll never watch Ghostb4sters but they didn't do the credits like this? Reitman's kid is a hack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHQUPSe5dI

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

in on pg 69 :nice:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:nice:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The weed number

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Posting on the sex page to say I'm going to watch the sexiest movie: Showgirls

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Arc Hammer posted:

The Snyder cut.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

whatever WB agent in here that said Peacemaker was good needs to be run out of town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/alex_abads/status/1481996165608521735?t=uRswcPKZf2pkLeqW0QVCmA&s=19