Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Alien Megathread: a cautionary tale about bad egg and noodle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
James Cameron strides into the boardroom and writes "Seven friends and a cat" onto the whiteboard.

He steps back, thinks, then adds an "s" suffix. Steps back, pauses, then modifies it once more into a massive dollar sign the likes of which even Hollywood can not comprehend.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

My MUTHUR/A:I keyboard build:

At some point I'll focus on the accurate MUTHUR keys but I have nothing to go off of sadly, I'm glad it's functional though. Really excited to have this done.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Which key is the Any key??

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

sigher posted:

At some point I'll focus on the accurate MUTHUR keys but I have nothing to go off of sadly, I'm glad it's functional though. Really excited to have this done.

This is cool.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Wow that’s incredible!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

sigher posted:

:aaa:

So to type "What's the story Mother?" you have to hit AT/PRANIC LIFT 7777/YONI...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

sigher posted:

owns

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
So now my kid will only play the board game with me if we turnoff the lights and use flashlights, which is more than fine. Also, since I put the score on while we played this time, now we need that from now on. He has autism, is only 10 and honest to god just smarted our team out to a win using Ripley's special abilities.

We're even house ruling some poo poo. I came up with a face hugger mechanic and he decided that electric prod should ward off Ash. Very cool game that's easy enough to learn and has some surprising depth and variety to it. Y'all should try it.

Same designers made a JAWS game so were getting that for his birthday next month. The YT vids on it look fun.

Except there's no JAWS thread for me to post reviews in.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I bought a Spider-Man toy.

A story in 3 parts.

Come on Disney everyone wants this.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

People want Spiderman in things, not things in Spiderman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol Spider-Man’s ultimate fear came true

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Would a chestburster be able to pop out of wolverine or would his healing powers regenerate his ribcage too fast?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Would a chestburster be able to pop out of wolverine or would his healing powers regenerate his ribcage too fast?

chestbursters are always as strong as they need to be imo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He's got invulnerable adamantium bones, the chestburster would be unable to break through. It would, however, eventually figure out how to leave via another orifice which I'm sure would be a fun few minutes for him

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

No Dignity posted:

He's got invulnerable adamantium bones, the chestburster would be unable to break through. It would, however, eventually figure out how to leave via another orifice which I'm sure would be a fun few minutes for him

Whenever people bring this up I remember how a couple of times in the early 90s comics Wolverine would mention getting a snapped rib/etc. injuries that you'd think wouldn't be a thing even when his skeleton was just just "laced with" adamantium and not made of it. Then the next issue you'd see the letters from people in the back like "HOW DID WOLVERINE GET HURT LIKE THIS HOW COULD YOU DO THIS" lol

No Dignity posted:

In the movies we only see the facehugger type creatures and the spores but officially any orifice will do, and whatever type of alien results doesn't even need to burst through the person's chest it's just that that's the most direct if the person got implanted through their mouth via a facehugger.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Would Wolverine's healing factor prevent the alien from implanting in the first place and if not would the alien gain wolverine's healing factor and become a super alien?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Splicer posted:

Would Wolverine's healing factor prevent the alien from implanting in the first place and if not would the alien gain wolverine's healing factor and become a super alien?

Basically Wolverine pass an indestructable chestburster like a kidney stone

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Superman had to puke his alien out, it probably works like that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

bad milk blood robot

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wolverine isn't invulnerable, he just heals super quick, so while the chest buster would get out either through his chest or abs, Wolverine would just heal after. I believe some goon stated a long time ago that in one comic Wolverine got nuked or something and all that remained was his skeleton and fragments of his brain or some poo poo and he grew back from that.

The Alien would definitely heal fast, be short as gently caress and be super hairy. Lol

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

sigher posted:

Wolverine isn't invulnerable, he just heals super quick, so while the chest buster would get out either through his chest or abs, Wolverine would just heal after. I believe some goon stated a long time ago that in one comic Wolverine got nuked or something and all that remained was his skeleton and fragments of his brain or some poo poo and he grew back from that.

The Alien would definitely heal fast, be short as gently caress and be super hairy. Lol

The nuke thing was one of the writers super wanking him and that got retconned into "every time Wolverine was supposed to die but came back from nonsense, that was a deal with death and its revoked."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
a wolverine xenomorph would be a very drunk chain smoking Canadian with acid blood imo

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 16, 2022

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
a wolverine xenomorph would just be Lobo

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, I've always wondered. Does the facehugger put the chestburster in your lungs or stomach, or is the answer "yes."

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, I've always wondered. Does the facehugger put the chestburster in your lungs or stomach, or is the answer "yes."

it puts it in your chest OP

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The answer is mostly "yes", it ends up in the chest cavity and not inside an organ. It couldn't be the lungs as the victim would suffocate and the lungs aren't actually hollow, and the stomach is possible but it's kind of low in the torso.

It's been argued that the facehugger doesn't quite deposit the chestburster in the victim so much as it pumps in chemicals and material that cause the victim to actually "grow" the chestburster inside them.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Xenomrph posted:

It's been argued that the facehugger doesn't quite deposit the chestburster in the victim so much as it pumps in chemicals and material that cause the victim to actually "grow" the chestburster inside them.
The RPG reckons that even if someone impregnated by a facehugger has the embryo surgically removed, they're still going to die soon enough from turbo xeno-cancer. Judge Dredd disagrees.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
a smart person would not get facehugged in the first place imo

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a wolverine xenomorph would be a very drunk chain smoking Canadian with acid blood imo

A Wolverine Xenomorph

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Neo Rasa posted:

A Wolverine Xenomorph

"I wonder if there's beer on LV-426?"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Payndz posted:

"I wonder if there's beer on LV-426?"

The Nostromo was stocked with Aspen Beer.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aspen

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Is it a hot take to suggest that Alien: Isolation is a better piece of Alien media than Aliens?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It is a hot take. But it's a good one that I wholeheartedly agree with.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Is it a hot take to suggest that Alien: Isolation is a better piece of Alien media than Aliens?

Depends on the definition of “better.” Isolation is far closer to the first movie than Aliens. However, for better or worse I would argue it’s not the Alien franchise, it’s really the Aliens franchise since like 90% of it based on it. Without it (and the countless games it spawned) Isolation would never have been made.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They are both very influential and also good movies. Isolation is the best Alien(s) video game, and it's not really close.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I agree with this completely.

I've always felt Aliens was overrated anyway but it helps Isolation is a phenomenal game in its own right.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

This is a tough question, I honestly think it's debatable and I don't know which I'd put above the other.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Aliens is a better coop game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Until you eject the Alien maybe. It turns into something far hammer than Aliens afterward.

You can't really praise something that turns into Aliens and takes from Aliens 3/4 through as being better than Aliens. Only reason a Queen wasn't in it was to keep the theme although she was just offscreen.