Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I want a statue of me after I'm gone so in 100 years they can find my posts and tear me down and throw me in the river

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

First shiny fresh UKMT-spawned pod of twenty twenty two! After an amazing detour following some cops around we have a general rummage in the UK psyche to talk about the Captain Tom phenomenon and the weird middle-class Foundation he "left behind".

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1481970092959322124?s=20

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The acronym BYOB means the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In BYOB you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

A shame they did not include a "please explain" text entry or we could have a goon project.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Boris your own brexit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

serious gaylord posted:

She's gone full theranos

Not really, she's at least getting some results from the blood samples.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It means Be Your Own BYOB, we established this long ago.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Blast Your Own Beans

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Baby Yoda Or Bust.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Co-op Food - Strand
456-459 Strand, London

Read the latest reviews....

Example:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/jed_shed/status/1481267773217067013

BBC presenter saying there was no evidence of Jeremy Corbyn being an antisemite

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

sebzilla posted:

BBC presenter saying there was no evidence of Jeremy Corbyn being an antisemite

Speaking of, Miriam Margolyes co-signed a letter in defense of Emma Watson over the "maybe Palestinians are ok" thing. So not all the older HP actors are terrible :unsmith:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That's two references to smog in London this morning when it's literally the clearest, sunniest day that I've seen in *months*. Apparently because it's also the first still day of the winter someone put out a pollution warning, because London can get an inversion layer on days like this, but there's not even the normal winter haze.
Looks like an extremely localised cloud of nasty? I don’t know enough London geography to make a gag about what’s at that location to cause it, sorry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So Corbyn sues Caudwell now then?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Bobstar posted:

Speaking of, Miriam Margolyes co-signed a letter in defense of Emma Watson over the "maybe Palestinians are ok" thing. So not all the older HP actors are terrible :unsmith:

Alan Rickman was a good egg too AFAIK (at least re: Palestine). :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TACD posted:

Looks like an extremely localised cloud of nasty? I don’t know enough London geography to make a gag about what’s at that location to cause it, sorry.
Vauxhall lying about their emissions again.

Testro
May 2, 2009

stev posted:

Alan Rickman was a good egg too AFAIK (at least re: Palestine). :(

From interviews etc, Rickman always seemed to have very strong left beliefs. His wife was a Labour councillor who stood for parliament a couple of times (but wasn't elected).

I half wished he'd been around during this TERF bullshit from the author. It's great that the majority of the cast stood up and spoke out, but so many older people dismiss Radcliffe and Watson et al for being young - but it would be harder to dismiss if Rickman was around and could stand in solidarity with them.

Also, apart from the author being so far down the rabbithole, she's never coming back from this stance - I think there's an element of her seeing the cast as just kids when they disagree with her. Sometimes you need someone you regard as your peer to say 'yikes' for you to self-reflect on your opinions. Although I think we've gone wayyy past self-reflection at this stage.

Testro fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 14, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
otoh twitter would be full of Alan RickMAN hot takes.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

More like alan rickperson these days!!?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

Well the MI5 and MI6 buildings are at the western edge of the doomcloud, could be a bit of Operation Legacy-ing going on to protect Andrew.

TBH I think it's probably actually just a broken sensor around Kennington, which is the centre of the red area, but I also have at the back of my head there's a combined heat and power system in one of the council estates around Oval so it's not impossible that that's having some sort of issue that's showing up on local sensors - without knowing what the exact pollution is it's hard to tell.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
so long suckers! goddamntwisto revs up his motorcylce and creates a huge cloud of smog. when the cloud dissipates hes back home on the internet pretending its something else

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

so long suckers! goddamntwisto revs up his motorcylce and creates a huge cloud of smog. when the cloud dissipates hes back home on the internet pretending its something else

Lol like I'm taking my Fine Italian Motorcycle south of the river.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Now there's a helicopter - which isn't showing up on FR24 - hovering directly over my house. Been nice knowing you goons, looks like I'm off to Gitmo for revealing the truth about the CD-Rs being burned - and not in the colloquial sense - at Thames House and Vauxhall Cross.

(It'll be the police chopper which somehow is allowed not to have an ADS-B beacon on it, presumably for some bullshit "security" reason, even though literal GCHQ spying flights have a beacon)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Theres always a helicopter circling over you. You probably have a tiny helicopter shaped brain tumour or something whizzing around inside your head, you should get it checked out in a few years when the nhs has a slot

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TACD posted:

Downing Street getting rid of its empty bottles.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Now there's a helicopter - which isn't showing up on FR24 - hovering directly over my house. Been nice knowing you goons, looks like I'm off to Gitmo for revealing the truth about the CD-Rs being burned - and not in the colloquial sense - at Thames House and Vauxhall Cross.

(It'll be the police chopper which somehow is allowed not to have an ADS-B beacon on it, presumably for some bullshit "security" reason, even though literal GCHQ spying flights have a beacon)

Kinda feels like we're gonna retrospectively realise that the increasing frequency of your "there are helicopters following me" posts should have been a warning sign

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Kinda feels like we're gonna retrospectively realise that the increasing frequency of your "there are helicopters following me" posts should have been a warning sign

Wasn't there a Philip K Dick novel where there was a helicopter following someone about? I looked through the bibliography but nothing seemed to mention it though I thought it was Time Out of Joint.
(Haven't read any PKD for decades).

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TACD posted:

Prince Andrew has finally been able to release 39 years of sweat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Having never been to london I have always assumed it is basically just cyberpunk city where everyone is followed by a helicopter and also there are lots of people in suits doing business things.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wasn't there a Philip K Dick novel where there was a helicopter following someone about? I looked through the bibliography but nothing seemed to mention it though I thought it was Time Out of Joint.
(Haven't read any PKD for decades).

There's a short story with a scientist convinced that aliens are watching him from the sky and rationalises they are interested in him because of his great intellect. He then gets excited about where they are going to take him, which turns out to be an enormous frying pan because they were actually just hungry :v:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

OwlFancier posted:

Having never been to london I have always assumed it is basically just cyberpunk city where everyone is followed by a helicopter and also there are lots of people in suits doing business things.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

And if you wave a katana police will shoot someone minding their business on the other side of the river.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Come down and check out out! It's a wonderful city.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also instead of cyberpunk food everyone eats fried chicken, because my other primary exposure to london is the pengest munch.

Necrothatcher posted:

Train prices are literally like a quarter month's wages at least lmao. And I don't even like cities, if I wanted to spend a lot of money on something I will probably hate I could just donate to the labour party.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah it's basically Blade Runner but all the neon signs are just replaced with Pret signs.

Or idk just check out that goon making the Duke Nukem mod, seems pretty accurate

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
London is the place I heard a stranger say to another “don’t be rude you loving prick” and it all made total sense.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BigglesSWE posted:

London is the place I heard a stranger say to another “don’t be rude you loving prick” and it all made total sense.

that was me

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1482007528397496324

Going full sickos.jpg at this

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao which goon at the office clicked on labour_membership_list_real_dot_jpeg.exe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Necrothatcher posted:

oh it's fun but that's because i know i'm going to be leaving at the end of the trip. So it's like 'wow cool museum' and i can ignore the nightmare concrete hellscape.

i don't understand living there but each to their own