Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

LOL what the gently caress

I was on my way to work and I saw this gas station nearby that had their pumps corralled off with yellow tapes. I wonder if they had to close their pumps because they didn't get their gas delivered on time

Not a good sign! Lmao

Went to the store yesterday (NoVA) and like folks said, stuff is starting to get picked over
almost no chicken in the case, ramen was decimated, vegetables hit and miss
toilet paper still fully stocked so we're not in the end times just yet but it's the kind of damage you only see around storm panic rushes
if this keeps up people will have no choice but to notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mola Yam posted:

still catching up with the thread but just read that every post in this thread kills five americans, so i had to post immediately

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Virgil Vox posted:

and who was right?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

why is there so much weirdly casual racism creeping up in CSPAM lately
where are these people crawling in from

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Lol my throat is hurting in a different way than it did a couple weeks ago when my allergy/sinus stuff started. Prolly gonna get tested...

Yuck!

(No, COVID thread, I did not do everything right. I'm actually a very clumsy COVID boy.)

Northern California right now: not sure if covid, or crippling air quality, or both

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

OPEN DUTERTE

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
"It's not that they refuse to schedule more nurses, there are no more nurses to schedule. If 40-50 nurses have time to stand around and protest why don't those same ones each pick up and extra day of work a week, hell 2 of them split a day in half. Imagine how much more coverage there would be to spread to each department. All these people out in the public screaming there's not enough nurses, but if they start closing down units to make the ratios smaller, then they'll be screaming that they can't believe there are no more beds to admit people. Think about it from all sides people! I am a nurse, I worry about my patients, I pick up extra hours when I am able to help out. If they were so worried about their patients they would help out instead of standing around outside "protesting", which does nothing but get the news station out there."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

"It's not that they refuse to schedule more nurses, there are no more nurses to schedule. If 40-50 nurses have time to stand around and protest why don't those same ones each pick up and extra day of work a week, hell 2 of them split a day in half. Imagine how much more coverage there would be to spread to each department. All these people out in the public screaming there's not enough nurses, but if they start closing down units to make the ratios smaller, then they'll be screaming that they can't believe there are no more beds to admit people. Think about it from all sides people! I am a nurse, I worry about my patients, I pick up extra hours when I am able to help out. If they were so worried about their patients they would help out instead of standing around outside "protesting", which does nothing but get the news station out there."

a nurse did not write this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“”””protesting”””””

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

UFOTacoMan posted:

lmao we’re replacing teachers and nurses with the lowest quality we can

glad to see my healthcare plan* is being adopted by the whole country

*NeverGetSick featuring the new IfYouGetSickJustDie optional coverage

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bonghitz how do you actually go through all the posts. I usually make it two pages and then click to the end like Mr. Owl eating the tootsie pop

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

UFOTacoMan posted:

a longtime friend of mine is a recent Residency Grad.

All he does is bitch about nurses, now.

I wish him nothing but going back to being an orderly :)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

zegermans posted:

Bonghitz how do you actually go through all the posts. I usually make it two pages and then click to the end like Mr. Owl eating the tootsie pop

sometimes I do skip it when my brain is bad or the news is sad, but then I go back and read all the posts anyway. I just can't help it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

zegermans posted:

LMAO Christmas Day was over a thousand pages ago.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

I only order those for suspected IIH and that’s only after a positive MRI and lumbar.

NS needs them for stinting.

lol you do a routine brain first for IIH/ICP and don't just immediatel order MRI, MRA, MRV? some neuro you are!

(neurology loving orders an MRV on EVERYONE that has a headache and got vaccinated because, you know)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Went to the store yesterday (NoVA) and like folks said, stuff is starting to get picked over
almost no chicken in the case, ramen was decimated, vegetables hit and miss
toilet paper still fully stocked so we're not in the end times just yet but it's the kind of damage you only see around storm panic rushes
if this keeps up people will have no choice but to notice

Arlington still seems normal-ish, not much different than the usual. Not surprising that Fairfax is getting stores looted of stock though tbh.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

There's snow in the forecast and all my co-workers went to the store to stock up only to be baffled by already bare shelves. You can see the dots starting to connect.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

McCracAttack posted:

There's snow in the forecast and all my co-workers went to the store to stock up only to be baffled by already bare shelves. You can see the dots starting to connect.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
US lawmakers: How can we throw gasoline on this already raging fire?
https://www.wcax.com/2022/01/14/rep-peter-welch-calls-white-house-investigate-nursing-agencies/

quote:

BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) - Vermont Congressman Peter Welch is calling on federal authorities to investigate possible price gouging with traveling nurses.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ELZC9SdEM

Bullying the CDC has always been a rewarding tactic.

(Bullying at about six minutes.)

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

McCracAttack posted:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

no one can take your beans from you. no one!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bomghitz uses bots

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Lol a bunch of testing sites here aren't open on Fridays and Saturdays. I get the workers need some time off, but also like... I don't know. This poo poo sucks though. If only someone had offered to make more rapid tests months ago!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

euphronius posted:

a nurse did not write this

yeah, it's kind of weird actually, it's from a facebook post about Mission Hospital nurses protesting yesterday.
Digging into the account a little, it seems not quite right.
Most of the friends are thirsty looking dudes and the few posts are vaguely horny to attract thirst dudes...but it raises the question why does this account care about nurses protesting?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Might just buy a bunch of cake mix. It stores a long time and you can use water instead of milk if things get desperate!

All those episodes of Nailed It! are gonna pay off in the apocalypse. I will be the town cakemen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok well it could be a “nurse” but one of the management RNs

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!
We did it! :coronatoot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

yeah, it's kind of weird actually, it's from a facebook post about Mission Hospital nurses protesting yesterday.
Most of the friends are thirsty looking dudes and the few posts are vaguely horny to attract thirst dudes...but it raises the question why does this account care about nurses protesting?

Facebook is really bad huh

just fake posts and bots

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

Might just buy a bunch of cake mix. It stores a long time and you can use water instead of milk if things get desperate!

All those episodes of Nailed It! are gonna pay off in the apocalypse. I will be the town cakemen.

The only reason you add an egg to cake mix is that housewives in the 50's or whenever they invented it complained that they didn't feel like they were doing enough.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zurtilik posted:

Or you could just buy flour sugar eggs and baking powder. Hell even some powdered egg or condensed milk if you were that worried about shelf stability

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wrex Ruckus posted:

no one can take your beans from you. no one!

Did get some more beans and calrose rice
I'm prepared thread.

HiroProtagonist posted:

Arlington still seems normal-ish, not much different than the usual. Not surprising that Fairfax is getting stores looted of stock though tbh.

I'm surprised Arlington isn't following suit. I wonder if it's because there are more smaller grocery stores over a wider web than Fairfax which still has a bunch but that serve a wider area so are more easily disrupted by runs on items.

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Just stop
we know 2 weeks means never in government time

in fact if anyone ever tells you something will take "two weeks" for anything ever, you can rest assured they're saying that because they can't/won't be doing dick the first week and they need to second week to come up with a way of explaining why they need more time/to delay again

https://youtu.be/YZ4z0QhD92Y

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Failed Imagineer posted:

Or you could just buy flour sugar eggs and baking powder. Hell even some powdered egg or condensed milk if you were that worried about shelf stability

Yeah but...

Uhhh...

Shut up!

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Zurtilik posted:

Just get some powdered milk with your cake mix

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

so my guess is the hospital hires a crisis PR firms that owns or has access to tons of zombie FB accounts?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Asproigerosis posted:

Fentanyl IV bags used to be under literal lock and key on the IV pole because you can't trust those low incom- I MEAN DRUG SEEKING patients to not just steal it from another patient's IV.

I actually asked an ICU nurse last week when I had a patient with a fentanyl bag whatever happened to the ridiculous lockboxes (the first time you see one in a hospital is jarring and memorable imo) and she said we kept dropping them and breaking them because they're loving stupid/cumbersome so we don't use them anymore.

Also fun fact I've yet to see an IV pole that isn't just like any other telescoping pole where you can simply undo the retaining screw, pull the top pole out, then just walk away with your goody box.

I've never seen one of these except for the crazy PCA or epidural formulations. The pro move is to siphon out the narcs through the piggyback port and swap it w saline anyways. Tint the narc iv bags w methylene blue, I beg the pharmacist, but sadly to no avail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao, he’s so close to getting it then immediately u-turns.