Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LeeMajors posted:

It's pretty remarkable that they are somehow handling as badly as the "CAN WE HIT THE BODY WITH LIGHT AND BLEACH" Trump administration, but here we are.
Bunny rabbits and ice cream for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Me playing Hades, getting hit by some bullshit: OH THAT'S CRAP *gets tackled by dog trying to cheer me up*

Started watching Peacemaker last night, I kind of like it but they made some pretty major changes to the character to fit the Gunn archetype

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Quiet Feet posted:

Wife and I have been watching Baba Feet and I think the big problems are in the character himself.

First, he sucks as a crime boss. He doesn't seem to have any plans, doesn't delegate to any of his henchpersons, and just kinda wanders around until a plot point happens. He's constantly caught off guard by whatever rivals are doing.

Second, as portrayed, he sucks as a badass bounty hunter. Better than half the time he's in a fight he's getting his rear end kicked. Three episodes in and he's already been owned by the Tuskens, the assassins that attacked him on the street and a giant-rear end wookie that caught him unawares. The actor has this middle-aged "played high school football but works at a hardware store now" dad bod and zero charisma.

I think it could have worked if they had Boba Fett as more of a shadowy background figure and focus on the crew that's been built around him. Part of why the character got so popular was there was so little known about him that you could imagine just about anything.

It's good that they are letting Temura Morrison play him, he played Jango Fett in the prequels, but nearly everything else so far has been pretty bad. The whole thing so far reeks of typical disney star wars "subverting expectations"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Intruder posted:

also as someone who lives in a city that's both a commuter city and in Texas this would lead to so many road rage murders

https://twitter.com/modacitylife/status/1481967960952553478

Oh man I'd love to see that implemented more places. Drivers here in Chicago have become absolute psychopaths and I do a lot of bike commuting.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Quiet Feet posted:

I think it could have worked if they had Boba Fett as more of a shadowy background figure and focus on the crew that's been built around him. Part of why the character got so popular was there was so little known about him that you could imagine just about anything.

This was always the danger with making a show about a character that was so popular despite being relatively undeveloped- so many people have this head canon built up about him that anything the writers come up with is going to seem disappointing. I personally was never super-obsessed with the character so I don’t care if he periodically gets his rear end beat or doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing; to me those seem like normal plot beats of the sort of fish-out-of-water story they’re playing with here. The real problem is that the story itself is boring, especially since we’ve seen so many really good renditions of the “low-level criminal climbing their way to the top” trope recently. Like I said earlier, the flashbacks are infinitely more interesting than the main plot at this point.

It is pretty hardcore that they just murked the tusken raider kid though

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There’s a type of driver that sees other drivers and pedestrians as like NPCs in a video game or something, I could never get around to that kind of thinking.

Granted I was taught to drive way more cautious than a lot of other people, so I won’t do things like cut right in front of someone or ride someone’s bumper

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Oh man I'd love to see that implemented more places. Drivers here in Chicago have become absolute psychopaths and I do a lot of bike commuting.

Combine those with red light cameras and the PD will finally be able to buy that M1A1 tank they've had their eyes on

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There's something oddly peaceful about being the only passenger on an intercity bus. Makes the trip from Dubuque to Madison nice and quiet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

bobjr posted:

There’s a type of driver that sees other drivers and pedestrians as like NPCs in a video game or something, I could never get around to that kind of thinking.

Granted I was taught to drive way more cautious than a lot of other people, so I won’t do things like cut right in front of someone or ride someone’s bumper

There's a lot of people who have zero spatial awareness. It's something that's fascinated me for a long time and has become even more apparent in the pandemic with social distancing.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Oh hell yeah!!

https://twitter.com/JustifiedFX/status/1482020078061162500

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I hope they don’t gently caress this up since they wrapped up the series about as well as they could have.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Freaquency posted:

I hope they don’t gently caress this up since they wrapped up the series about as well as they could have.

It was a little funny that by the end of the series I was way more invested in Boyd’s story than Raylan’s but hell, I’ll take all the more Justified I can get, no complaints here

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Freaquency posted:

This was always the danger with making a show about a character that was so popular despite being relatively undeveloped- so many people have this head canon built up about him that anything the writers come up with is going to seem disappointing. I personally was never super-obsessed with the character so I don’t care if he periodically gets his rear end beat or doesn’t seem to know what he’s doing; to me those seem like normal plot beats of the sort of fish-out-of-water story they’re playing with here. The real problem is that the story itself is boring, especially since we’ve seen so many really good renditions of the “low-level criminal climbing their way to the top” trope recently. Like I said earlier, the flashbacks are infinitely more interesting than the main plot at this point.

It is pretty hardcore that they just murked the tusken raider kid though

I agree with this post.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Timby posted:

There's something oddly peaceful about being the only passenger on an intercity bus. Makes the trip from Dubuque to Madison nice and quiet.

It sounds like people had some questions ITT that are going unanswered, Timby, if you have time to answer those.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Timby posted:

Did you order an UberXXXL?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

Me playing Hades, getting hit by some bullshit: OH THAT'S CRAP *gets tackled by dog trying to cheer me up*

Extremely wholesome

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Happy holiday to all who celebrate

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am going to start Farscape today

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I only watched a couple episodes of Farscape but it seemed like the epitome of 90s scifi

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The first part of the first season is probably the worst part of Farscape.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Glumslinger posted:

That reminds me, it’s lunchtime and I’m hungry.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

It was a little funny that by the end of the series I was way more invested in Boyd’s story than Raylan’s but hell, I’ll take all the more Justified I can get, no complaints here

Yeah if we don’t get to hear Walton Goggins say “Raylan” then what the hell are we even doing here?

Samadhi posted:

I agree with this post.

:hfive:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Glumslinger posted:

drat, today should be a paid holiday then.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Samadhi posted:

It sounds like people had some questions ITT that are going unanswered, Timby, if you have time to answer those.

Does it really matter? Whatever the issue was got resolved or he wouldn't be back.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I love working from home, because whenever I order something I get to watch all of the delivery services except the one carrying my package putter through the neighborhood all morning and early afternoon. If I order something on Amazon, FedEx and UPS make deliveries to my neighbors from like 10:00AM-12:30PM and my poo poo shows up at 7:30 at night. If my package is coming UPS, I get to watch Amazon and FedEx drop everyone’s poo poo off all day, etc. :argh:

This rules. I think Justified is the only series I’ve ever bought the entirety of on DVD. Then my parents borrowed it and let the dog chew up all of the cases and boxes :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quiet Feet posted:

Wife and I have been watching Baba Feet and I think the big problems are in the character himself.

First, he sucks as a crime boss. He doesn't seem to have any plans, doesn't delegate to any of his henchpersons, and just kinda wanders around until a plot point happens. He's constantly caught off guard by whatever rivals are doing.

Second, as portrayed, he sucks as a badass bounty hunter. Better than half the time he's in a fight he's getting his rear end kicked. Three episodes in and he's already been owned by the Tuskens, the assassins that attacked him on the street and a giant-rear end wookie that caught him unawares. The actor has this middle-aged "played high school football but works at a hardware store now" dad bod and zero charisma.

I haven't watched it yet, but if your take away from the Boba Fett show is "it needs less Boba Fett" it's probably just not a good show.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have covid, but I'm coughing up snot. I thought covid coughs were supposed to be nonproductive. I've been had.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Does it really matter? Whatever the issue was got resolved or he wouldn't be back.

I would say it does, as he has received money from people in this thread but was probated for what appears to be defrauding other members of the forum.

His probation was removed due to, as per the terms of the probation, repaying the money he took for goods not provided. An explanation of what happened in SA Mart, as well as some assurance that the money sent to him in good faith by people here wasn't used to repay debt accrued from what appears to be fraud, would go a long way towards assuaging concerns.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

I am going to start Farscape today

Shits gonna get weird

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Shits gonna get weird

A Muppet has farted helium

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Well he is a King and it’s a noble gas

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samadhi posted:

His probation was removed due to, as per the terms of the probation, repaying the money he took for goods not provided. An explanation of what happened in SA Mart, as well as some assurance that the money sent to him in good faith by people here wasn't used to repay debt accrued from what appears to be fraud, would go a long way towards assuaging concerns.

I don't think it happened in SA Mart, regardless it happened over private messages and was likely resolved equally privately. The only concerns are for those engaging in business with him.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

bobjr posted:

Well he is a King and it’s a noble gas

Boooo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Boba Fett worked as a cool character because you never actually saw him do much onscreen but he looked neat so you filled in the blanks with your own imagination. Anything the show does will probably be disappointing compared to that.

That said the show probably fucks stuff up because shows tend to do that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I mean, there’s lots of stuff they could do to make Boba Fett cool, but they kind of already did it with the Mandalorian (as in literally that character, not Boba Fett showing up in it), once the novelty of watching someone in that outfit blast a buncha aliens and stormtroopers wears off, there’s not much left for Boba Fett to work with.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The show does some work explaining why he’s not just a mercenary piece of poo poo, but I think it might be a more compelling show if he actually was just a mercenary piece of poo poo.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I mean, there’s lots of stuff they could do to make Boba Fett cool, but they kind of already did it with the Mandalorian (as in literally that character, not Boba Fett showing up in it), once the novelty of watching someone in that outfit blast a buncha aliens and stormtroopers wears off, there’s not much left for Boba Fett to work with.

Yeah that too. What if we make a show about a guy who doesn’t wear a helmet, and he’s a police detective on a moderately populated, cold weather planet that looks kind of Tsarist Russia.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 14, 2022

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I think I got the rona too y'all :smith:. Went to work and noticed my coffee tasted different and my head was just not quite right. My self-test was negative but with everything I hear about omicron I'm presuming it's a false negative.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
im stealing that Feast of the rear end thing

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Boba'a Burgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog