Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I can’t be the only person that has msq specific glams right

And I can’t be the only one that decided to add Amon’s hat to it at some point this time

Probably, but only because that thing never drops. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hopefully square enix is giving them more budget for game content, the server issues will solve themselves if the patch releases are as slow as the ones in Shadowbringers

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Badger of Basra posted:

there's a mod that lets you do this with xivlauncher, you pick which animations you want to replace in game and then it spits out a mod you can install with textools

brb bringing back stone and aero

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Are ancient effects like Aero III still in the game? I would totally mod that in.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can’t be the only person that has msq specific glams right

And I can’t be the only one that decided to add Amon’s hat to it at some point this time

I will die mad that RDM can't glam Amon's hat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

orcane posted:

Are ancient effects like Aero III still in the game? I would totally mod that in.

Really mad about how at level 82 the first move in the Monk's AoE gets replaced with one that doesn't shatter the ground.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I seem to have gotten to the last area in the expansion without having field battle music on and someone told me I missed some Easter eggs by doing this? Are there multiple themes this time? Oops

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Also I seem to have gotten to the last area in the expansion without having field battle music on and someone told me I missed some Easter eggs by doing this? Are there multiple themes this time? Oops

Go fight mobs in the northern parts of Mare

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Really mad about how at level 82 the first move in the Monk's AoE gets replaced with one that doesn't shatter the ground.

I'm kind of sad DRG loses the cool "woop woop" sound effect when Chaos Thrust becomes Chaos Spring. Chaos Spring has it's own funny sound effect, but it's not the same.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I spotted a wild LPer yesterday:

(spoilers added for anyone following it)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zeruel posted:

Anyone have any idea if the "double exp to 80" is only applicable if you don't have a max level job? I really want to bash out as many jobs to 80 as I can.

Yeah, Road to 80 is a buff that applies to your character and is active any time you're on a sub-80 job during its timeframe (usually 3 months IIRC).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cythereal posted:

brb bringing back stone and aero

https://www.xivmodarchive.com/modid/40618

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lhI9lzllU8

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

drat those look nice

And now I want Geomancer as the next caster DPS even more :negative:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Harrow posted:

drat those look nice

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Harrow posted:

drat those look nice

They also made an essential mod for RDM, giving them the elements they are missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsBLaV6WmL4

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

As someone who struggles with controller layouts I appreciate that they did a button squish but I’m still salty I burned out early in Stormblood because a lot of the removed stuff looks cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Depths posted:

Hopefully square enix is giving them more budget for game content, the server issues will solve themselves if the patch releases are as slow as the ones in Shadowbringers

The only Shadowbringers patch that didn't have the usual three month wait was 5.3 and that was delayed due to Covid, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Harrow posted:

drat those look nice

I want to be a time mage and spam meteor comet.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Clarste posted:

Haste should be a moderate DPS buff, on par with other partywides, but it should make all affected players' animations go twice as fast. Also, everyone glows red while it's active.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

HackensackBackpack posted:

Haste should be a moderate DPS buff, on par with other partywides, but it should make all affected players' animations go twice as fast. Also, everyone glows red while it's active.

You'd finally be able to see the whole animation for monk's blitzes!

Seriously why did they give tornado kick such a cool animation when you never see more than half of it in a normal rotation. The GCD is only two seconds! And you have chakra attacks to fit in.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eimi posted:

They also made an essential mod for RDM, giving them the elements they are missing.

Oooo

I kind of get why they keep some consistency with lightning/aero for both ST and AOE, but I always kinda wanted this.

Clarste posted:

Same. Time Mage is my big want for next caster DPS. Maybe even if it has to be a dot class. Just give me lots of cool spell effects with clocks and gears.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Clarste posted:

Saaaaame

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

orcane posted:

It’s still in. There’s an npc in the 81 dungeon that still uses it.

It’s easier and safer to leave all the effects in, and just remove the abilities using them.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Time Mage should also borrow from the Bravely series, and make their big CD attack casting Meteor 16 times simultaneously

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

feel like we had a really big thread argument once about whether Fleche and Contre-Sixte were water/ice spells or not

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Badger of Basra posted:

feel like we had a really big thread argument once about whether Fleche and Contre-Sixte were water/ice spells or not

We did and they aren't.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

yeah i remember being very confused as to why people had such strong opinions about it

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Something about not looking like ice or water spells, not being described as ice or water spells, and not doing ice or water damage was just too complicated for some.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 14, 2022

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Dunno what there is to argue about when they are.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Why would they not be? They’re icicles and water droplets

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

We did and they aren't.

It’s about the feeling in your heart

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Are all these mods spell effects from boss attacks or are people authoring them themselves?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

CJ posted:

Are all these mods spell effects from boss attacks or are people authoring them themselves?

They're from boss attacks, I recognize the rock and water ones. I think the rock is from Halicarnassus, where it summons it on tiles outside of the diagonal in the center, and the water is from either Mateus or Famfrit.

Also, the mod file is only 99kb, so I don't think they're including a bunch of shaders and animations :v:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vitamean posted:

Dunno what there is to argue about when they are.

hm true

Flytitle
Nov 12, 2012

Zeruel posted:

A blogpost announcing the OCE servers and the bonuses including 1mil gil for leveling 1-30, and double exp to 80.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lode...N6DCKbJWQutImVM

Anyone have any idea if the "double exp to 80" is only applicable if you don't have a max level job? I really want to bash out as many jobs to 80 as I can.

My guess is it's the new Road To 70, so if it's active you probably have it for 90 days if it's applicable.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Hope the fourth NA DC is called dynamis

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I will die mad that RDM can't glam Amon's hat.

It does make very little sense that it was a bard thing but I won’t complain. It does look “old” in cutscenes though - the thing is so drat big and from a ps3 dungeon so textures are visibly jaggy lol. I feel like they really wanted me to wear the free gear they gave me instead which looks very nice

super sweet best pal posted:

Probably, but only because that thing never drops. :argh:

I’m so glad I got it but it doesn’t go with most of my BRD glams. I used it on dancer all the way to 80 though, perfect for a dnc

Also yes the one benefit to all those alliance roulettes always giving me crystal tower I guess

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The yard boat you get for 100 gemstones when you max out Thavnair FATEs is pretty bad, texture-wise.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

You can abuse that boat’s geometry and have it stick out into the road which makes it the best boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

You could put multiple boats in a mansion yard and clip some Stone Vigil cannons onto the deck and have mock naval battles in front of your house. :pirate:

And also on the street from clipping your boats over the fence.