Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Are places still renting out theaters cheap in the US? I’m guessing no because freedom beat covid but no way I’m seeing this with a bunch of hooting hogs right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

weekly font posted:

Are places still renting out theaters cheap in the US? I’m guessing no because freedom beat covid but no way I’m seeing this with a bunch of hooting hogs right now

You'd have to check your local places.

However, it's possible this will hit Paramount Plus within just a couple months of release. If memory serves, this happened to the other Paramount distributed movies over the past year.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Seeing the new fat guy made me realize Preston and Weeman weren't on the trailer. Are they in the movie?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vincent posted:

Seeing the new fat guy made me realize Preston and Weeman weren't on the trailer. Are they in the movie?

IMDB lists them FWIW.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not only are Preston and Weeman in the trailer they're even in the thumbnail.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Well, poo poo. Guess I need glasses then.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I think only Bam was lost to non death related causes for exclusion

weekly font fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 13, 2022

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/dawnofthediscs/status/1481978378286768128

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Show the projectile poop in glorious 4K with Atmos farts you cowards

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Are you ready to watch geriatric dudes kick each other in the dick?

For the time being, here’s a non-geriatric dude hitting a much older and less fit dude in the dick.

https://youtu.be/ZXOVo5jJpdE

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

More dick hitting

https://youtu.be/2DiuZqwTTIg

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

man nurse posted:

For the time being, here’s a non-geriatric dude hitting a much older and less fit dude in the dick.

https://youtu.be/ZXOVo5jJpdE

Ehren's eyes when that punch connects slays me.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bear

https://youtu.be/4xIeHWVAXpo

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Apparently Knoxville is going to be an entrant in this years Royal Rumble….

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
An oral history of Jackass from the beginning to Jackass Forever

quote:

KNOXVILLE The first movie was a punk show. Jackass Forever is like a Rolling Stones concert.

PONTIUS Plus the challenges of filming with COVID going on and somehow not stopping it.

KNOXVILLE Filming a very dangerous movie in the safest way possible. “Don’t cough on the bull.”

STEVE-O And with all the #MeToo stuff so fresh in everybody’s consciousness. And then we bring on this girl …

TREMAINE Rachel Wolfson. Knoxville followed her on Instagram. She’s just a hilarious stand-up comedian. So we brought her out, and she fit right in.

STEVE-O And now we’ve got the human resources giving us the seminar about sexual harassment. And then after that, we walk in front of the cameras, and everyone’s just got their dicks out.

PONTIUS They’re like, “Unless you’re shooting, you can’t have your penises out.”

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've caught bits and pieces of Steve-O talking about this movie on his podcast with guests like Jeff Tremaine, and he seems to feel this one is on the level of Jackass 2, which I think most people will agree was an order of magnitude above the first movie (which I still love). He also makes no secret of the fact that he's kinda lukewarm on Jackass 3D compared to 2 and this one.

So, sounds like they went hard.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

man nurse posted:

I've caught bits and pieces of Steve-O talking about this movie on his podcast with guests like Jeff Tremaine, and he seems to feel this one is on the level of Jackass 2, which I think most people will agree was an order of magnitude above the first movie (which I still love). He also makes no secret of the fact that he's kinda lukewarm on Jackass 3D compared to 2 and this one.

So, sounds like they went hard.

3 has some of the greatest use of 3D I've seen. But there's too much gross out stuff in there for my liking. I always feel like they lean on that when they don't have anything else to show, and 3 leans on it a lot.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Since Knoxville is in the Royal Rumble tomorrow, he brought some of the boys with him, and, apparently, they’re partying with Brock Lesnar tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZTNnpwBCiA/?utm_medium=copy_link

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

What are the odds that this movie will convince "them" to release the older poo poo on Blu ray?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Reviews are up. Sounds like what you’d expect, so I’m excited. Also, reading the reviews of critics who can’t stand Jackass as a film franchise is part of the fun.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

man nurse posted:

Reviews are up. Sounds like what you’d expect, so I’m excited. Also, reading the reviews of critics who can’t stand Jackass as a film franchise is part of the fun.

It’s fun. Saw it last night and it was full of 30 somethings having a good time on a Tuesday night. The kids these days just don’t care about Chris Pontius’ dick and I’m okay with that! Steve O looks great and was clearly having a ball. Everyone was having a whole lot of fun and it shows.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Happy Hippo posted:

What are the odds that this movie will convince "them" to release the older poo poo on Blu ray?

I hope at least the movies get re-releases. They're on HDV iirc. The show will never though :(

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I don't expect it's even possible for the Jackass crew to let me down, but I'm glad it was good, looking forward to watching it with the boys.

Been rewatching the series again and it's great. Some favourite things about it off the top of my head, as I'm watching:
- The literal first sketch in the entire series is Knoxville walking around with a huge fake boner, knocking over cups and stuff.
- Maybe I mentioned this last time this came up, but there are a lot of bits in the show that are straight-up recycled CKY footage, clearly filmed in Pennsylvania with a surprising number of guys I totally don't recognize.
- There are some bizarre short non-sequitur bits like a close-up of someone flicking one of those springy doorstop things, or footage of a pig with filthy, warty balls. The text on the clip almost always says 'Dave England'.
- I don't know why the guy wanted to fight Pontius in the devil costume, but it sure was funny.
- The hockey fight sketch might be one of my favourite.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
What's the ratio of dude's getting wrecked:gross stuff?

I love the stunts but can't handle people drinking horse cum or whatever.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

I don't expect it's even possible for the Jackass crew to let me down, but I'm glad it was good, looking forward to watching it with the boys.

Been rewatching the series again and it's great. Some favourite things about it off the top of my head, as I'm watching:
- Maybe I mentioned this last time this came up, but there are a lot of bits in the show that are straight-up recycled CKY footage, clearly filmed in Pennsylvania with a surprising number of guys I totally don't recognize.

The CKY crew and the other guys don't even appear on camera together during season 1 because they did, in fact, just use CKY footage for the first season. I don't know if they'd even met the rest of the crew at that point.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

There are only a couple gross things maybe. I can actually only think of one explicit but it’s kinda tame really. It’s mostly goofs and stunts. And dicks and balls. Get ready for genitalia.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

That was life-affirming. I'm so loving happy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

George H.W. oval office posted:

Everyone was having a whole lot of fun and it shows.

This is the indicator its going to be a good time, when you can feel the good time actors/performers are having, it elevates the product a lot imo.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm very excited that your reviews are good so far. Looks like I'm road tripping (something I haven't done in ages) to see some best buddies and marathon the show/movies before seeing this one. :unsmith:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

That was glorious.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Here’s Johnny Knoxville dressed as Santa handing out fried chicken and coke to a bunch of black poor people on skid row

https://youtu.be/78MC8zwOzAY

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I thought it was okay, but it certainly does not rival Number 2. Maybe it was the addition of the new folks, or maybe the lack of not just Bam but the entire CKY crew plus Phil and April Margera, or the lack of Ryan Dunn, something in the chemistry was off. I mean, I thought the new people were fine, but they're not the Jackass crew as it existed. And I find Bam to be obnoxious but he was a large presence in the room, Ryan was always clutch, and Bam's parents bring a great vibe.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I really enjoyed it, I agree it was a bit lacking without Margera and his family but England and Ehren really upped their game, apart from Zach the new guys didn’t really register that much.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Again, the new members are fine and good, but I think they missed an opportunity here. They were down two members, Ryan and Bam. Why not "promote" some of the periphery guys like Rake or Raab? Or reach out to Brandon DiCamillo and maybe bring him back? Maybe they did and he turned them down, and I'm sure that they brought in the new members so that they can keep the franchise going, but those other guys I just mentioned would've kept a lot of the Olde Jackass Energy around. It's like when Bam left they couldn't use any CKY-related people? That's nonsense.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 5, 2022

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Raab was behind the camera for at least some of it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
So, my understanding is that a lot of Viva La Bam guys had a following out with Bam after the show. Brandon has retreated into a more private life, and is trying to move away from cKy/Jackass. As for Rake, I am not sure, but he is a chemist. Maybe he's also moved on?

And like Breadallelogram said, Raab is a camera operator in the new film.

I am seeing this in a few hours, and I am excited.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Saw it last night, absolutely adored it. I love the Jackass crew like my own family.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Watched it, it was great! God bless Ehren's nutsack.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Man, Ehren just completely went for it this time. I laughed so hard my throat hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Twin Cinema posted:

So, my understanding is that a lot of Viva La Bam guys had a following out with Bam after the show. Brandon has retreated into a more private life, and is trying to move away from cKy/Jackass. As for Rake, I am not sure, but he is a chemist. Maybe he's also moved on?

And like Breadallelogram said, Raab is a camera operator in the new film.

I am seeing this in a few hours, and I am excited.

Yeah Rake is a chemist and would rather just do his regular job. Dico's big thing was that he doesn't fly so unless something was being done in the Chester area he wasn't interested.