Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

fuctifino posted:

He's lost every royal title, except nonce.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The prosecution pays off a janitor to make the courtroom heater go full blast during cross-examination of Andrew. He sweats. Gotcha bitch.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The prosecution pays off a janitor to make the courtroom heater go full blast during cross-examination of Andrew. He sweats. Gotcha bitch.

That prosecutor's name? Lt. Columbo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i can't believe it's come to this after prince andrew sacrificed so much -- his ability to sweat -- defending his countrymen from their enemies in the falklands

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

There’s no chance in hell he takes the stand but I like my fictions.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Spazzle posted:

That prosecutor's name? Lt. Columbo.

It could also be Jessica Fletcher

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ally McBeal gets Andy off balance by showing him the dancing baby gif

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

fuctifino posted:

He's lost every royal title, except nonce.

He's now just know as Randy Andy.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Liquid Chicken posted:

He's now just know as Randy Andy.

the only bit I recall at all off the top of my head from Bloom County’s royal wedding arc was Charles (I think) calling him exactly this

that and the newlyweds’ “you’d like a what?” “A harem”

e: more people should learn history from the funnies :v:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Won't someone think of the Canadian military regiments? What an existential crisis this is causing!

3 Canadian military regiments without royal patron after Prince Andrew stripped of titles

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-regiments-royal-patron-prince-andrew-1.6314338

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CocoaNuts posted:

Won't someone think of the Canadian military regiments? What an existential crisis this is causing!

3 Canadian military regiments without royal patron after Prince Andrew stripped of titles

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canadian-regiments-royal-patron-prince-andrew-1.6314338

The Andrew formerly known as Prince doesn't do nearly enough sexual assault to run with the Canadian Forces.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

CocoaNuts posted:

Man, talking about validation issues.

royal senpai, notice me

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahahaha.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This news broke at the same time that his titles were removed

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1481699182977200129

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

as an american i honestly dont know what any of this poo poo means

what happens to a military regiment without a "royal patron"? can't they just keep doing their jobs anyway?

and more importantly, of what actual consequence is prince andrew being "stripped of titles" mean? it's not jail time, it's not like even paying a fine, and i was assuming that his relationship with any military units was entirely symbolic, making this "punishment" also entirely symbolic. is this an actual negative repercussion or consequence of his actions in any meaningful way?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I think they die

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
In the event of a civil war, they're now required to fight on the republican side.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

gleebster posted:

In the event of a civil war, they're now required to fight on the republican side.

Yeah, this is generally what happens when you forget to edit the class tab on the creation screen.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1482234907917225987

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Earwicker posted:

as an american i honestly dont know what any of this poo poo means

what happens to a military regiment without a "royal patron"? can't they just keep doing their jobs anyway?

and more importantly, of what actual consequence is prince andrew being "stripped of titles" mean? it's not jail time, it's not like even paying a fine, and i was assuming that his relationship with any military units was entirely symbolic, making this "punishment" also entirely symbolic. is this an actual negative repercussion or consequence of his actions in any meaningful way?

It's good for the military units for them not to be symbolically associated with a child molester op

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I think he knows that, it's just funny how rich people feel like not forcing people to call them Royal Duke of dukes is the same as a life sentence. Can't you see he's suffered enough?

That Andrew guy is a coddled creepy gently caress.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dabir posted:

It's good for the military units for them not to be symbolically associated with a child molester op

yes i get that its good for the military units, though i dont understand why a military unit needs a "royal patron" in the first place.

my point is that the media is talking about this stripping of titles as though its some sort of "punishment" for andrew, but as far as i can tell it's purely symbolic and isn't an actual punishment at all, it's like "firing" him from a job he wasn't actually working in the first place. he's still free and still rich. and as far as i can tell still the duke of york, he hasn't even lost that title.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 15, 2022

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Earwicker posted:

yes i get that its good for the military units, though i dont understand why a military unit needs a "royal sponsor" in the first place.

my point is that the media is talking about this stripping of titles as though its some sort of "punishment" for andrew, but as far as i can tell it's purely symbolic and isn't an actual punishment at all.

Losing his allowance is the big deal

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Snowy posted:

Oh yeah huge deal.

Meanwhile some poor kid gets 30 years because he stole a candybar.

At least we'll get a fun show of Prince Rape since his senile mom stopped protecting him.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Snowy posted:

What 61 year old man has not felt the same pain when his mom cut off his allowance?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Oh yeah huge deal.

That’s two different things, he hasn’t had his day in court yet.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Snowy posted:

That’s two different things, he hasn’t had his day in court yet.

Yeah that's true. All those stupid titles represented his immunity to go to trial.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Oh yeah huge deal.

At least we'll get a fun show of Mr.Prince Rape since his senile mom stopped protecting him.

Fixed 4 u

edit: I know probably the title removal does not remove the prince , but if removing all your titles is not a tiny hint the royals want nothing to do with you I don't know what is.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
He will probably seek asylum in Russia. Putin will give him a new military unit.

If there are any Ukrainian army sharpshooters reading: if you spot a guy with completely dry armpits, take the shot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Icochet posted:

He will probably seek asylum in Russia. Putin will give him a new military unit.

If there are any Ukrainian army sharpshooters reading: if you spot a guy with completely dry armpits, take the shot

he can keep him as a pet. the prince can live in the same pen as steven seagal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently our dear Ghizzy is going to reveal the names of 8 people in the black book this week so time to get your bets going

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Barudak posted:

Apparently our dear Ghizzy is going to reveal the names of 8 people in the black book this week so time to get your bets going

I'm not sure about the other four, but:

Fred Rogers
Keanu Reeves
Weird Al Yankovic
Steve Irwin

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kirk Vikernes posted: