Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They just don't realise they have the list because it's a blank Excel document.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Like all capital cities London is an extremely good place to live if you're very rich and an extremely poo poo place to live if you're poor

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Failed Imagineer posted:

Kinda feels like we're gonna retrospectively realise that the increasing frequency of your "there are helicopters following me" posts should have been a warning sign

I get more worried when there's *not* some sort of air traffic around - when the wind's from the west (which is most days) planes turn onto final into Heathrow over the IoD, planes taking off from London City make a very ostentatious turn to avoid Canary Wharf not too far away, and I'm close enough to the river that every helicopter crossing London that *isn't* the air ambulance or the police chopper rattles the windows on the way past (apart from the Chinooks heading off to do things at our own mini Area 51 at Foulness, which rattle the entire house).

My occasional forays into :tinfoil:dom and deep-diving FR24 normally reflect days like today when the wind changes direction and the noise stops for half an hour as they switch runway directions - the lack of noise is what gets me wondering what's going on, and sometimes very weird poo poo *is* going on (e.g. a Piper Navaho registered to a company known to be associated with GCHQ making repeated passes over Stratford). A police helicopter buzzing around *isn't* weird though - it is London, after all.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

stev posted:

They just don't realise they have the list because it's a blank Excel document.
"We had loads of members a few years ago! Must be hackers" :argh:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
you should just be glad they dont do military flyovers at football matches here, i saw a stealth bomber flying over downtown chicago a few times

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

bump_fn posted:

you should just be glad they dont do military flyovers at football matches here, i saw a stealth bomber flying over downtown chicago a few times

Wasn't very stealth then was it :dadjoke:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is still very funny to me that people apparently pay a lot of money to live/work in a big pile of skyscrapers directly in the flightpath of london city airport.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

It is still very funny to me that people apparently pay a lot of money to live/work in a big pile of skyscrapers directly in the flightpath of london city airport.
I think it's hilarious that Windsor castle is underneath the flight path into Heathrow and Liz has to put up with all the aircraft noise :laugh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Telegraph has discovered something we've been saying ITT for the past two years.

Turns out lovely societies are shittier than non-lovely ones. I wonder who has benefited from decades of shouting that nobody can be trusted and they're all after your house pensions.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

ThomasPaine posted:

Like all capital cities London is an extremely good place to live if you're very rich and an extremely poo poo place to live if you're poor

I suspect that probably isn't limited to only capital cities.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This news broke at around the same time Buckingham Palace issued that statement about Prince Andrew

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1481699182977200129

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Speaking of the Queen as an individual vs "The Crown", I saw a headline that was "No 10 apologises to Buckingham Palace" - just a couple of building having a chat, no actual humans involved or responsible.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Who knew?

https://twitter.com/biscuitsgod/status/1481987171892568076?s=20

(Not that in means that just because people are siblings means they necessarily support each other or share the same opinions!)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I suspect that probably isn't limited to only capital cities.

True but there are definitely places I've lived that you can have a far more comfortable life on a modest wage. Where I live now you can rent a decent 1 bed flat in the nice side of town for just under 500 a month. You'd be lucky to get a cupboard in an HMO for that in some cities

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is "deputy assistant" even very high up?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Acting vice deputy assistant

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Is "deputy assistant" even very high up?

Yes, it's senior management - think just below board level at a large company.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
its really funny seeing american news outlets talking about how the british government is PLUNGED INTO CHAOS as if someone might face any repercussions lol

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

bump_fn posted:

its really funny seeing american news outlets talking about how the british government is PLUNGED INTO CHAOS as if someone might face any repercussions lol

Pretend someone posted the James Franco hanging meme here.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9ElB85WJg

Prince Charles ignoring questions on Andrew.
See the panic in his handlers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We might not get rid of tories but I hope at least we get another shot at ditching the monarchy.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH9ElB85WJg

Prince Charles ignoring questions on Andrew.
See the panic in his handlers.

What terrible reporting. What knocked over all those poor trees?

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013
https://twitter.com/AnnBlackLabour/status/1481977637643821056

Some real interesting numbers here. Good to know that, actually, Corbyn's unprecedented surge in membership was actually beaten by Starmer's surge by a within-the-margins-of-error amount and that, coincidentally, the last accurate number that can be provided about how much support such an inspiring man has somehow lost while receiving a completely free ride from the media is actually still a couple hundred more than the lowest number we have on record for Corbyn. It reminds me of when WWE announcers would fudge the numbers or skip over the names of previous record holders who left for a different promotion (or murder suicided their family). Anyway, we lost our homework and can't show any of these numbers, please trust us that the Kier project is very good and healthy and ignore all those bankruptcy rumours.

edit: Actually I forgot Starmer wasn't annointed until April so I guess the current record holder from these statistics is Not Corbyn.

blues thief fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 14, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

NotJustANumber99 posted:

What terrible reporting. What knocked over all those poor trees?
Charles did just before the video started.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

blues thief posted:

It reminds me of when WWE announcers would fudge the numbers or skip over the names of previous record holders who left for a different promotion (or murder suicided their family).
Or when there's recordings of the lineages of Egyptian pharoes, and there are names scratched out and faces chiselled off statues. We should just do that sometimes with things like presidents and prime ministers.

Testro
May 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/1481968859087355906

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Little interactive site i found on reddit regarding the lorry transport situation https://live.sixfold.com/ it gives border crossing times throughout Europe.

To and from the UK we are seeing 2-20km lorry queues on the UK side with 13-45 hour crossing times.

That's gonna mess poo poo up all right. :(

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1482057534320136198

Save the Big Dog bow wow

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how long until Boris starts calling himself the Head of the Table

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Boris the Big Blue Dog

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

King custard sadly not in custody

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Boris should definitely wear that except replace america with prince phillip.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Little interactive site i found on reddit regarding the lorry transport situation https://live.sixfold.com/ it gives border crossing times throughout Europe.

To and from the UK we are seeing 2-20km lorry queues on the UK side with 13-45 hour crossing times.

That's gonna mess poo poo up all right. :(

50hrs from Hull to Rotterdam lol. More than 2 days to transit between 2 of the worst places on earth

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Big Dog Day Afternoon, in which the PM is ruthlessly kidnapped by everyone at 10 Downing Street and forced to party for months

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Boris Johnson was apparently a Tim Westwood alt all along, who could have guessed.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Boris is kind of like Trump in that (in his mind) he can’t fail only be failed.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ThomasPaine posted:

that tracks tbh

what meager saving I had got wiped out in 2020

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Failed Imagineer posted:

50hrs from Hull to Rotterdam lol. More than 2 days to transit between 2 of the worst places on earth

gonna have to disagree with you there champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

gonna have to disagree with you there champ

Look at the names.