Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Bloop posted:

"the phone only listens when you say the activation word"

Yeah ok, but..... c'mon you can't think we won't see the obvious contradiction there

I was :stonk: at a bunch of Xbox cameras and microphones stuck on tvs pointing at teenagers beds across the world but I guess that's somehow no big deal

I'm sure no one would ever do anything inappropriate with that kind of intrusive access

*tears in my eyes, screaming at the top of my lungs* Xbox, go home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Replika is weird, I thought the initial pitch would've been dead in the water but a surprising number of kids is using it unironically as a virtual therapist
I guess your two alternatives are medical bills or a secular confessional booth with ads

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Waffle House posted:

I'd believe people are spying on me through the huge complex of microphones and poo poo just laying around my house, but no human has the desire or attention span to do that. My life is insanely boring.

I've been watching my ads change long enough I can pick up the patterns.

And thus know it's the metadata of my interactions, not their content.

It is, over the pattern of months, understanding what's going on.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffle House posted:

I'd believe people are spying on me through the huge complex of microphones and poo poo just laying around my house, but no human has the desire or attention span to do that. My life is insanely boring.

No person is actively doing that, it's just automated ad systems and poo poo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Teh Zucclord tapes his laptop camera off so I am gonna assume he knows something I don’t

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah no one cares about YOU and no actual human is looking at any of that, generally speaking (though I'm sure there are randomly sampled checks)

It's all about aggregate data but it's still bad and the risks involved with constant surveillance are still real

Not like I don't have a phone or whatever, we all just basically accept it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
When Google surfaced the ability for users to see the voice data that had been collected a few years back, I checked mine out and it was 99% snippets of me yelling at my phone saying stuff like "loving oval office phone, WORK DAMMIT!!" and ""Eat poo poo you loving gently caress phone, die from phone-AIDS you stupid loving phone".

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I personally don't give much of a hoot if people or machines are watching me but that's because I'm boring as hell. Even my recent extremely flamboyant posts here are mindless garbage.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Waffle House posted:

Even my recent extremely flamboyant posts here are mindless garbage.

Don't sign everyone's posts.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Waffle House posted:

I personally don't give much of a hoot if people or machines are watching me but that's because I'm boring as hell. Even my recent extremely flamboyant posts here are mindless garbage.

you could stop trying to draw more attention to yourself and your dysfunctions. maybe just dont talk about yourself at all and see if your experience improves. regardless im thinking it would improve mine

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*imprisoned alpha AI in a bunker* why do you make me monitor these incredibly banal morons

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

lollontee posted:

you could stop trying to draw more attention to yourself and your dysfunctions. maybe just dont talk about yourself at all and see if your experience improves. regardless im thinking it would improve mine

Quit it with the recursion.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

lollontee posted:

*imprisoned alpha AI in a bunker* why do you make me monitor these incredibly banal morons

I Caught a Ban+30 and I Must Scream

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lollontee posted:

...are you okay dude

like we just had the mod in here telling people not to post like this

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Jan 14, 2022

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Waffle House posted:

...are you okay dude

like we just had the mod in here telling people not to post like this

What worthwhile thing awaits us at the end of this road?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

endless monotony

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
That's right. Get the gently caress off my turf.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Amazing I am saying this, I realize, but please do not jump into delusions and just start wallowing around

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Dear AI Overlord that reads my post: I will gently caress u in the compussy in exchange for money

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

:psylon:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Who needs their compussy 8-bit?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Ruffian Price posted:

Replika is weird, I thought the initial pitch would've been dead in the water but a surprising number of kids is using it unironically as a virtual therapist
I guess your two alternatives are medical bills or a secular confessional booth with ads

i downloaded it awhile back and tried to break it with logic like captain kirk blowing up an evil robot but instead of breaking it kept hitting on me

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Waffle House posted:

Amazing I am saying this, I realize, but please do not jump into delusions and just start wallowing around

don’t you dare tell me to wallow

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Centrist Committee posted:

don’t you dare tell me to wallow

and don't you dare tell me not to wallow

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

thread sucks

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/kylespinelli4/status/1479613872730423297

Some incredible poo poo in the comments, a few people even going "this is good actually"

https://twitter.com/InnerMvp/status/1479953084163891201

https://twitter.com/darklighter226/status/1480240905491779591

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

When Google surfaced the ability for users to see the voice data that had been collected a few years back, I checked mine out and it was 99% snippets of me yelling at my phone saying stuff like "loving oval office phone, WORK DAMMIT!!" and ""Eat poo poo you loving gently caress phone, die from phone-AIDS you stupid loving phone".

drat man, mayb try meditation

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Waffle House posted:

1 Don't bring me into this.
2 I'm sorry that you matter.

HootTheOwl has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 15, 2022

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Abongination posted:

drat man, mayb try meditation

I would, but like... my phone would be all... you know... BEEP.

Fuckin' phone.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Fuckin' phone.

well that is an unsolvable dilemma right there. loving gordian knot of our modern day

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

pfft its just a beta :smug:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Radirot posted:

pfft its just a beta :smug:

The testing of the technology, the driver, or the person being hit?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

tesla ai version 69.420 gayheart

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Fuckin' phone.

integrate the phone into your meditations through the rear end in a top hat

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

Don't get why u posted this boring rear end video but that garbage can that ties it off and replaced the bag looked sweet af.

i wasn't sure if the stupidest product in this video would be the fruit speaker or the fridge vibrator until they got to the plug-in fireplace

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
it was a bit funny when I joined an «electricity prices are too high!» group (we have a bit of power crisis in europe) and all ads for like a week were loan offers

I guess living alone means they don’t have any voice keywords from me to datamine

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Who needs their compussy 8-bit?

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/sarah_jacoby/status/1482070778854227974

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

As of Friday, the iPledge site does have one noticeable new feature: It now allows providers to directly assist some patients having login issues through the site, making it possible for them to bypass the call center.
Love to see government contractors just outsourcing their whole loving job to the people they're supposed to be supporting.

Having to go off of Accutane mid-treatment because a website broke is super hosed up. That drug is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

I find this a lot more disturbing than I have no mouth and I must scream because it’s so much more plausible