Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

quote:

Alan Wallace, a world-renowned author and Buddhist scholar trained by the Dalai Lama, and Sean Carroll, a world-renowned theoretical physicist and best-selling author, discuss the nature of reality from spiritual and scientific viewpoints. Their dialogue is mediated by theoretical physicist and author Marcelo Gleiser, director of Dartmouth's Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Engagement.

Recorded February 9, 2017
Nourse Theater - San Francisco, CA

https://youtu.be/pLbSlC0Pucw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

NGL that sounds awesome will try and watch it tomorrow while doing mindless work

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
Holy poo poo, I went to one of the universities that Bob Jacobs taught at. I don't think I ever met him, but drat if he doesn't look familiar for some reason.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The hippie crystal alien lady is going down a rabbit hole of Pareidolia - seeing images in things. In her case, she’s making sketches out of very rough geography (as opposed to something obvious like the Nazca Lines) and attributing them to aliens. I bet Radar is worried.

https://twitter.com/sandiawisdom/status/1481827157634695172?s=21

Edit - just look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/sandiawisdom/status/1481607869116162050?s=21

Bob Socko has issued a correction as of 04:30 on Jan 14, 2022

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

ok! a new RV "experiment"

this link should provide you a rough geographical location, your target is in there:
https://goo.gl/maps/ErLG3MhkhvQdoC7s5

and this box, marked with clear simple symbols contains your target:

i am terrible at keeping any sort of time so have at it!
take all the weekend and i will reveal sometime on the 17th Jan (local convict nation time)

as i was drawing the markings i was thinking of the target as hard and in as many dimensions as i could

have fun, good luck, reveal on the 17th (cant wait for aitee)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

great stuff!

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

It is now midnight PST.
As I stated previously I'll post the art piece later in the evening.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

heres my attempt

it's a painting/print of a horse

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Sleekly posted:

ok! a new RV "experiment"

this link should provide you a rough geographical location, your target is in there:
https://goo.gl/maps/ErLG3MhkhvQdoC7s5

and this box, marked with clear simple symbols contains your target:

i am terrible at keeping any sort of time so have at it!
take all the weekend and i will reveal sometime on the 17th Jan (local convict nation time)

as i was drawing the markings i was thinking of the target as hard and in as many dimensions as i could

have fun, good luck, reveal on the 17th (cant wait for aitee)

i see scissors

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

im gonna participate in the thread as usual if the mood takes me but please do note!

i will log all the quote tags of all the attempts and then paste them all back with the picture of the object, otherwise as far as i am concerned it no longer exists until whenever on Monday

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

part of this is my own uncertainty on how this works.
some attempts may capture the intent or form of the target without correctly identifying it

some may capture just the colour shape or essence of it and still be wildly off.

so it will be an honesty system, i trust when its revealed it will click or not with the people who attempted it and therein lies the game!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Will make an attempt a bit later today. I'm barely awake and with a headache, woke up singing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo-H-iNJwCg

which hopefuly means nothing, it has been an earworm for a few days vOv it's a good song; the lyricless version is probably better but hey

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Carpenter Brut rules

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
A bit of Friday reading for the Bird Thread:

https://www.essentiafoundation.org/reading/seeing-things-the-daimonic-nature-of-reality/

I hope y'all are feeling happy and well!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Barry Foster posted:

A bit of Friday reading for the Bird Thread:

https://www.essentiafoundation.org/reading/seeing-things-the-daimonic-nature-of-reality/

I hope y'all are feeling happy and well!

a fun read!

Happy Friday! :blessed:

Had a very dark dream about murders, summoners, and a desire to understand the Abyss. Yet it was not scary in the least, oddly, like I was just watching a movie or tv show. Were I more creative I suspect there would be the kernel of a good story here.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Re my guess for the artwork:

First random thought that came within 2 seconds was a white-blueish bust/dummy.

Second attempt - because I don't trust these first associations) was what you can see on the left. Very different and I could not get its whole form, just got impressions about one half of it?

I expect to be wrong as always, but it's fun. Grow, my psi powers (or my psychosis, you as readers decide), grow!

thread relevant:

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Jan 14, 2022

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Identify it

Answer to be given Saturday around 3pm est.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Bob Socko posted:

The hippie crystal alien lady is going down a rabbit hole of Pareidolia - seeing images in things. In her case, she’s making sketches out of very rough geography (as opposed to something obvious like the Nazca Lines) and attributing them to aliens. I bet Radar is worried.

https://twitter.com/sandiawisdom/status/1481827157634695172?s=21

Edit - just look at this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/sandiawisdom/status/1481607869116162050?s=21

whoa.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I had a guessvision for the artwork thing but its way to goony to even put down. I'll know if its that.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Also went on a longer walk today to get as far away from civilization i possibly could to draw my natural energies from the energies of nature, but the wind had picked way up by the time i got there so it got way to cold to sit and meditate.

Might do it again once this storm passes and the sun is out.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

if you’re doing Hemi-Sync I suggest trying any RV experiments after doing one of the tracks. Kinda shortcuts you to the right state of mind, but using it as a crutch is no good either gotta develop your own ability to get to that state too. It is absolutely easier after being guided into it though.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

The one thing I keep coming back to in the UFO world is the black triangles. I've dug pretty deep on the topic of black triangles and studied it for years, to the point where I think I've come up with some novel theories about what they might be. I'll do some effortposts about it later if I have the time / feel like it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the second picture is the outline of a p'nti dick

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Rickshaw posted:

The one thing I keep coming back to in the UFO world is the black triangles. I've dug pretty deep on the topic of black triangles and studied it for years, to the point where I think I've come up with some novel theories about what they might be. I'll do some effortposts about it later if I have the time / feel like it.

Exciting I'd like this

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Rickshaw posted:

I'd like to see an effort post on it. My own personal hunch is that it's as-yet undisclosed US technology, and if it were operational in terms of practical military use, we'd already know about it like we do with the Nighthawk and the Spirit. But hey, I'm happy to see something convincing that says otherwise.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Bob Socko posted:

I'd like to see an effort post on it. My own personal hunch is that it's as-yet undisclosed US technology, and if it were operational in terms of practical military use, we'd already know about it like we do with the Nighthawk and the Spirit. But hey, I'm happy to see something convincing that says otherwise.

I think the sightings go too far back for it to be that. Also, the abilities displayed, and this is true with all UAPs for the most part, aren't "we'll have that tech in 20 years so the black projects have it now" it's more like "we'll be lucky if we have the beginnings of that tech in 100 years."

I have no doubt some of what is being seen are actually advanced drones of a human nature, but the ones like the tic tac just can't be humans. There is no conceivable way some secretive group has that kind of technology and has kept it under wraps for decades. It's not just one piece of advanced tech or that maybe could be the case. It would involve light years advancement in propulsion, energy generation, material science, etc.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Rickshaw posted:

i know one thing for sure

they exist

oh wait i know two things for sure

theyre ours

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

D-Pad posted:

It would involve light years advancement in propulsion, energy generation, material science, etc.

or fancy blimps

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

IMO black triangles are probably Skunkworks projects (except for the ridiculously large incidents like the Phoenix lights) and some of the tic tacs probably are as well. The US has built tic tac shaped aircraft as experimental test beds in the past (see Tacit Blue for example).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vernii posted:

IMO black triangles are probably Skunkworks projects (except for the ridiculously large incidents like the Phoenix lights) and some of the tic tacs probably are as well. The US has built tic tac shaped aircraft as experimental test beds in the past (see Tacit Blue for example).

I suspect what I saw, similar to the Phoenix lights, could very well turn out to be some low earth orbit spy rig or extremely high altitude plane. Why the bottom lights up with five reflective points is a damned mystery though, unless they are like fish eye lenses that reflect sunlight and it can't be helped

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

oh here, new paper on quantum-gravity interactions from afar

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/quantum-particles-gravity-spacetime-aharonov-bohm-effect

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Jazerus posted:

the second picture is the outline of a p'nti dick

p'nis

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I really want to know more about Nick Pope's diamond UFO he always talks about, it's just insane that the story is "oh yeah we had this big rear end photo of it on the office wall and then one day the suits came and took it down and that was the end of that." like no one took a Polaroid or something?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Though the sheer volume of dudes who have claimed to have sighted high quality classified UFO is redonks.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I tried looking at that artwork piece the other night before bed. I completely forgot any details except triangles

:shrug:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

This was very good. I kinda think they were talking about different things but it is also very much a materialist and a Buddhist sit down on a stage at CalTech Really enjoyed it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hey yall on the hemisync thing, request?

Try to document behavior and personality changes, and if you are familiar with disassociation, note any worsening of symptoms?

I wanna believe it's benign but the pedigree makes it all but impossible to trust and it's some of the most effective audio of its type that I know of so I'd love to have people documenting perception shifts to the best of their ability.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Completely unrelated to this but im unironically gearing up to do some mystical studies myself tonight; have some material grounded in Abrahamic mystic tradition and rather than casual reading as has been typical, i am going whole hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

I highly suggest trying the gateway tapes, then attempting a few viewings.
In fact, gateway tapes have a remote viewing section in wave 3/cd 1 🤔

Anyway be as descriptive as you can. Shapes, colors, depth, smell, taste, feelings in general, just get into it. I'll post the reveal in several hours.