Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

That article got me on like 4 or 5 bands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Samadhi posted:

What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You will personally attack some of us, such as:

Neither the Wilco or Mountain Goat ones even came close.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Speaking of the newest generation of Dad Rock, Jimmy Eat World’s excellent Phoenix Sessions from last year are now free to watch on YouTube.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

The Glumslinger posted:

Its filtering down as production scales up, but the issue is that they need to match whichever strain of covid you have, so the transition from the delta->omicron wave significantly reduced the availability of supplies

Dang

Inject me with the serum

Make my captain America

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

THATS who that is!

ngl would.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Neither the Wilco or Mountain Goat ones even came close.

The Father John Misty one didn't spin me into an existential crisis at all

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

counting crows is a gen x idea of a dad rock band. really bad assortment of bands

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hifi posted:

counting crows is a gen x idea of a dad rock band. really bad assortment of bands

mr jones is a god damned jam. shame about the rest.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Death Cab (everything before Walla left) still slaps

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I like a lot of those bands and felt attacked the whole time.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I don't listen to any of them which made me feel better after finding my first grey hairs this morning I got 3. Then I noticed two more in my beard. I'm 33 wtf.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

I don't listen to any of them which made me feel better after finding my first grey hairs this morning I got 3. Then I noticed two more in my beard. I'm 33 wtf.

I have a single one in the middle of my chest and I tell you it gave me all sorts of capital-f Feelings when I found it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Freaquency posted:

I have a single one in the middle of my chest and I tell you it gave me all sorts of capital-f Feelings when I found it

I'm not too concerned because most of the men in my family have almost black brown hair and only tend to go grey in the temples (I think my grandfather still had dark hair into his late seventies) and that's where I found em, so I guess I'll just keep working on my bench and rock the omni man look.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
that speeder chase in book of fett was uh, really bad. it was unbelievably slow.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So Disney is running something into the ground? I am shocked.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

For some reason I started thinking about Eagles of Death Metal and yeah I love Josh Homme

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

that speeder chase in book of fett was uh, really bad. it was unbelievably slow.

It felt like someone trying to parody George Lucas but ending up making him look good on comparison.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Joel Coen’s new MacBeth adaptation is siiick

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

BlindSite posted:

Haven't noticed any gray, but my version of this is single eyebrow hairs that flipped the switch to absolutely wild old man brow mode. Look in the mirror and wonder how long one has been completely rebelling from the bunch.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So long (for now?), Expanse. The latest season was kinda hit or miss but you adapted the books well. Thanks for all the Holden grimaces. Wes Chatham was incredible.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

Welcome to my TED talk

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

mr jones is a god damned jam. shame about the rest.

One of my friends back then described listening to Counting Crows songs other than Mr Jones as a progression from 'ok I'm sort of into it, now let's pick up the pace here a little guys' to 'speed the gently caress up! This could be good if it wasn't so boring.'

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I weirdly respect this

https://twitter.com/paissiges/status/1481834711399886854

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Well, this one went on a journey

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3990576

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

One of my friends back then described listening to Counting Crows songs other than Mr Jones as a progression from 'ok I'm sort of into it, now let's pick up the pace here a little guys' to 'speed the gently caress up! This could be good if it wasn't so boring.'

I love the entire August and Everything After album but I didn’t like much of their stuff beyond that—a little too slow and self-indulgent.

Also I fully admit I was an angsty middle schooler when it roared out of the gates in 1994 or whatever and Omaha and Perfect Blue Buildings were constantly backgrounding my Starcraft and Civ games in my childhood room.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Who the gently caress lights a charcoal grill inside their apartment? Talk about a near miss Darwin Award.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao end of ffxiv

zenos is a dragon now???

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Look at this adorably perfect (and delicious) ravioli I made:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It looks delicious but also a lot like those frozen peanut butter and jelly "sandwiches".

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It looks delicious but also a lot like those frozen peanut butter and jelly "sandwiches".

Ahem, *Uncrustables* are the lynchpin of prehospital, on-the-clock nutrition.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of nutrition I am cooking for 6 grown rear end people on Wednesday. I'm going to make baked ziti, salad and garlic bread since I can do 90% of the prep work during the day and just throw stuff in the oven.

I've made it before and know how etc but if anyone has any super secret Italian grandma tweaks lemme know.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

At hospital, lost chickat log

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

What Your Favorite Sad Dad Band Says About You will personally attack some of us, such as:

Everclear
You died seven years ago.

Short and sweet, and if not for the forced sobriety for trucking I could possibly have drunk myself to death in my 30s.

LeeMajors posted:

I love the entire August and Everything After album but I didn’t like much of their stuff beyond that—a little too slow and self-indulgent.
Counting Crows found the sheet music and lyrics to the song August and Everything After that was supposed to be on that album, the lryics are even on the cover.

It's an 8 minute song that would fit much better on This Desert Life. Interesting but tedious.

Einstein on the Beach is also a banger found on a rarity album.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 15, 2022

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Pops Mgee posted:

At hospital, lost chickat log

No more fingat

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao end of ffxiv

zenos is a dragon now???

Do you not recall the end of StB? He’s not a dragon, but he can reconjur the form of shinryu that he took over before. Gives him the ability to come find you. I was personally glad to see my friend again one last time.

The real question - did you get the smirk because you chose the goku answer before the final fight or did you choose the wrong option?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao end of ffxiv

zenos is a dragon now???

He was always a dragon. Draggin' dat rear end!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

LeeMajors posted:

Angels of the Silences is one of my favorite sing at the top of my lungs energy releasers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

BigPaddy posted:

So Disney is running something into the ground? I am shocked.

Yeah, it is not good so far. And not the subtle kind of not good where normies still think it's great

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Nodoze posted:

Yeah, it is not good so far. And not the subtle kind of not good where normies still think it's great

Goons have been the only ones I've seen complain about it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/SpaceAngeles/status/1482241903894667264?t=323HT2ekCBkbxx0075dOKw&s=19

:piss: