Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

gotta say, I do not like Covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

appreciate the congrats

lol

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I live, I die, I live again

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Forseti posted:

Can I still be in the secure clique if I have an envomask? It seemed like a good idea at the time... (like, September 2020 :lmao:)

gf and i still basically only use envo masks.

i have a full face honeywell but it's kind of a hassle, so i usually grab the envo.

i may upgrade to a 3M half mask soon though.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

mdemone posted:

I live, I die, I live again

well 66% correct is a whole lot better than most predictions these days

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

my heels are dug in here. I do not like Covid nor its friends the democrats and/or republicans or its close family friends, america

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Ben Nerevarine posted:

if you think that’s creepy then don’t think about how we’re each of us colossal mechanical homunculi made up of innumerable tiny machines whose functions are predictable only insofar as we see their effects on a scale so many orders of magnitude above them that it smooths over the whole stochastic nature of it all

everything works just by randomly rubbing up against other things in the soup that is the inside of each of your tens of trillions of cells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hk9jct2ozY

thanks this rules

the factory sound effects really add to it

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone started manufacturing n95 plague doctor masks yet

those duck bill ones dont count they arent long enough

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Captain Magic posted:

my heels are dug in here. I do not like Covid nor its friends the democrats and/or republicans or its close family friends, america

I do not like cheese lungs and ham, I do not like them, Covid I am

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
"In light of a significant number of staff members being exposed to/infected with COVID presently, I wanted to send out some information to ALL staff....If you are working infected or exposed, you must wear source control with fitted or unfitted N95 mask until past the infectious period or incubation period....Due to the sharp increase in employee cases, the COVID Employee Exposure Response Team only needs to be contacted to assist with a return to work plan if you have been hospitalized or are immunocompromised...Staff members are not required to declare their COVID status to colleagues..."

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

shackleford posted:

https://twitter.com/tylerblack32/status/1470785708394754052

wait lmao what is this, high school children commit suicide at dramatically lower rates during the summer months? when they're not in school? this is just a normal seasonal variation thing from before the pandemic? holy poo poo seems like it should be a bigger issue that high schools are basically suicide factories? :lmao:

The fact that for decades children have been processed through education factories that prepare them for student loan debt by wasting a large part of their lives in miserable environments causes them to commit suicide at high rates.....cmon man? What do you want here? Don't vote for me then.

look

look .....when you.....people want to.....people....when you go to work....you need a place where children can be....go....where......

look

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

:hfive:
I feel ya, similar boat. lucky enough it looks like all this poo poo is gonna blow up and fall apart forever so all that stuff doesn't even matter any more

I'll be honest, the pandemic was a HUGE relief to me with regards to my music career petering out like that. Like, it's the perfect excuse. I mean, the truth is, I was done. I didn't like that lifestyle, or the profession, as much as I love music, and teaching, and clarinet. It wasn't for me, and I was desperate to get out of it. I hated it. Covid came along right after I gave up on my dissertation, and made it so everyone's lives were hosed up anyway. It turned out, if I had managed it, if I had rallied myself and found a way to make it work and done everything I could, moved heaven and earth to move forward in my career, it all would have been for nothing. It would have been shot down right as it lifted off. I don't think I could have survived a blow like that, mentally, I really don't.

I actually love my job right now and am making more money than I ever did playing clarinet so, thanks covid I guess, for all you've done for me. lol

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Lovelyn posted:

"Staff members are not required to declare their COVID status to colleagues..."

that's a violation of my hippo

zone
Dec 6, 2016

empty whippet box posted:

I'll be honest, the pandemic was a HUGE relief to me with regards to my music career petering out like that. Like, it's the perfect excuse. I mean, the truth is, I was done. I didn't like that lifestyle, or the profession, as much as I love music, and teaching, and clarinet. It wasn't for me, and I was desperate to get out of it. I hated it. Covid came along right after I gave up on my dissertation, and made it so everyone's lives were hosed up anyway. It turned out, if I had managed it, if I had rallied myself and found a way to make it work and done everything I could, moved heaven and earth to move forward in my career, it all would have been for nothing. It would have been shot down right as it lifted off. I don't think I could have survived a blow like that, mentally, I really don't.

I actually love my job right now and am making more money than I ever did playing clarinet so, thanks covid I guess, for all you've done for me. lol

:hfive:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Lovelyn posted:

"In light of a significant number of staff members being exposed to/infected with COVID presently, I wanted to send out some information to ALL staff....If you are working infected or exposed, you must wear source control with fitted or unfitted N95 mask until past the infectious period or incubation period....Due to the sharp increase in employee cases, the COVID Employee Exposure Response Team only needs to be contacted to assist with a return to work plan if you have been hospitalized or are immunocompromised...Staff members are not required to declare their COVID status to colleagues..."

"please don't tell us we don't want to know or give the slightest gently caress"

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

blatman posted:

has anyone started manufacturing n95 plague doctor masks yet

those duck bill ones dont count they arent long enough

can’t be a plague doctor if there ain’t no plague

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

empty whippet box posted:

covid has been great for shitposting. new heights in shitposting technology not even dared to be dreamed of pre-pandemic

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saw Spider-Man as a treat
Now I stain my sheets
I don't even know why
My girlfriend, she's on the mend
But grandma's starting to die

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

Actually could use some advice for the best COVID bunker living options. How have people found minimizing exposure in a townhouse situation vs semi or fully detached house?

Go for building a prefab passive net zero home or whatever it's called, that you can heat/cool with little or no energy drawn from the utilities that we won't have soon.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Stereotype posted:

it’s legitimately pretty funny that the most common stated reason for forcing kids back into school, that it harms their mental well-being, is entirely wrong and in fact literally exactly backwards.

And could be intuited by anyone who actually went to school, or talks to kids who are currently in school. The same way you can intuit that schools do not, in fact, have a magical forcefield that stops germs from spreading.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1482118600454516738?s=19

maybe the trains should get lasers too

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I thought it was mild? Why we still breaking records?

https://twitter.com/OldManChalmers/status/1482192677026336773?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

WarEternal posted:

And could be intuited by anyone who actually went to school, or talks to kids who are currently in school. The same way you can intuit that schools do not, in fact, have a magical forcefield that stops germs from spreading.

well I'm sorry but I've been told by my administration and the county department of health that schools are a refuge from the virus

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
oh Ho Ho HO

GUESS WHO JUST ENDORSED N95S TODAYYYYY

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html

AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

The last thing we need is Schnorkles shooting chaff everywhere each time somebody tells him take his polls elsewhere

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

oh Ho Ho HO

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html

KEKW

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

oh Ho Ho HO

the Biden administration is only pushed to do stuff when mocked on twitter. what a way to govern.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Planes with freakin lasers!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1482199400193699841?s=21

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ok with all of you liking the DNA video, let me introduce you to the kinesin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-uuk4Pr2i8

motherfucker got swagger

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

no lube so what posted:

UW also predicted 80k deaths max, not exactly batting 1.000

that has absolutely nothing to do with an longitudinal study on buncha kids lives and outcomes tho.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

lets goooo time to get hosed in the rear end by another disease while the first one's still taking its turn
:ok:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

the Biden administration is only pushed to do stuff when mocked on twitter. what a way to govern.

biden is such a loser your checks are 1/4 the size of trumps. why don't you go back to the senate and ask Obama to come give America some real leadership, while you watch. that's what your good at

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

oh Ho Ho HO

man science moves at the speed of goalposts sometimes.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

It sounds like they trashed this plan and are going with 4 free tests for every household, no insurance gatekeeping instead?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/01/14/politics/covid-19-rapid-tests-federal-program-ship-times/index.html

i'm pretty sure they're doing both

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
What is this about airborne hiv?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

it's worth it to see spider man

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Mr Hootington posted:

Post/redtext combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

shackleford posted:

https://twitter.com/tylerblack32/status/1470785708394754052

wait lmao what is this, high school children commit suicide at dramatically lower rates during the summer months? when they're not in school? this is just a normal seasonal variation thing from before the pandemic? holy poo poo seems like it should be a bigger issue that high schools are basically suicide factories? :lmao:

Bullying works!