Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/1482142802108510209?s=20

I don't even know what kind of numbers OANN puts up, it just always looks so cheaply put together.

doesnt matter what numbers it does, the dark money billionaire funding it knows its a money burning hole for regressive propaganda.

Also Beck Blaze is still alive somehow, and browsing some of the "news" channels some streaming services have there's two networks I havent heard of, The Voice, and The First. ( Newsmax, Blaze, and Oaan are also there. lol at program titles like "the truth about covid.")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Wonder if OANN getting shafted is a result of the earlier (embarrassing?) reveal that AT&T funded them (through DirecTV).

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
ONAN

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mercury_Storm posted:

Wonder if OANN getting shafted is a result of the earlier (embarrassing?) reveal that AT&T funded them (through DirecTV).

Yeah it's probably this. The person who made the call probably still has their job and an obscenely high paycheck but it makes for better optics

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1481726769606520832?t=zh2HhRFUo5cQyr6uJhKTTw&s=19

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is TheDonold site still up and active or have they tried to """"behave""""" themseleve with the spotlight on them? or have they torn themseleves apart spyhunting each other?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Wow this sounds a lot like antifa and BLM members to me!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

is TheDonold site still up and active or have they tried to """"behave""""" themseleve with the spotlight on them? or have they torn themseleves apart spyhunting each other?

I think TheDonald was shut down shortly after Biden took office (though I'm not going to bother to check because I don't want it in my browser history). Potentially done to "remove all evidence" - I think I remember seeing that a lot of this stuff is being posted from archives and whatnot.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
The oath keepers indictments are HUGE (public seditious conspiracy charges are a big deal) but I think that the false electoral ballots have a chance to dwarf them in significance when looked back on.

It’s potentially dozens and dozens of high ranking GOP members across 7 states being, hopefully, brought up on fraud and conspiracy charges.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Murgos posted:

It’s potentially dozens and dozens of high ranking GOP members across 7 states being, hopefully, brought up on fraud and conspiracy charges.

It would be nice but given this country's history regarding powerful people actually facing consequences for their actions, the odds are not great.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
These things were submitted to the National Archives at least a year ago.
Was this thing just hidden while it was being investigated or hidden by Trump loyalists in the ranks?

e:ah, nm

"The National Archives sent emails to the Arizona secretary of state on Dec. 11, 2020, passing along the forged certificates “for your awareness” and informing the state officials the Archives would not accept them.

Arizona then took legal action against at least one of the groups who sent in the fake documents, sending a cease and desist letter to a pro-Trump "sovereign citizen" group telling them to stop using the state seal and referring the matter to the state attorney general."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/10/jan-6-committee-ramps-up-state-level-investigation-526752

Looks like they just got a slap on the wrist in Az

OgNar fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 15, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Wow this sounds a lot like antifa and BLM members to me!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Funny you mention that because now it's an undercover FBI set up and/or the DOJ covering its tracks

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgdayj/oath-keeper-stewart-rhodes-sedition-conspiracy-indictment

And I know jesus christ, it goes from "stop the steal" to "thank god these real patriots are doing something!" to "we're doing it! It's happening!" then to "look at this undercover Antifa FBI BLM set up!" in the blink of an eye but the election was still stolen anyway and what insurrection what are you talking about? Something something liberal media, yadda yadda Mike Pence and, boy, moving these goal posts is hard and tiring work.

It was either Real American Patriots fighting back against massive voter fraud or the weirdest undercover FBI, BLM, Antifa False Flag ever but somehow it's both.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OgNar posted:

These things were submitted to the National Archives at least a year ago.
Was this thing just hidden while it was being investigated or hidden by Trump loyalists in the ranks?

e:ah, nm

"The National Archives sent emails to the Arizona secretary of state on Dec. 11, 2020, passing along the forged certificates “for your awareness” and informing the state officials the Archives would not accept them.

Arizona then took legal action against at least one of the groups who sent in the fake documents, sending a cease and desist letter to a pro-Trump "sovereign citizen" group telling them to stop using the state seal and referring the matter to the state attorney general."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/10/jan-6-committee-ramps-up-state-level-investigation-526752

Looks like they just got a slap on the wrist in Az

At least one state just this last week has asked DOJ to take over. DOJ may have been treating it as a state jurisdiction issue, which it sort of is, but now The feds have to decide how important this is.

In light of Eastmans actions I think it just became a lot more important than when it was dumb asses being dumbasses. Now it’s a national conspiracy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

Funny you mention that because now it's an undercover FBI set up and/or the DOJ covering its tracks

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgdayj/oath-keeper-stewart-rhodes-sedition-conspiracy-indictment

And I know jesus christ, it goes from "stop the steal" to "thank god these real patriots are doing something!" to "we're doing it! It's happening!" then to "look at this undercover Antifa FBI BLM set up!" in the blink of an eye but the election was still stolen anyway and what insurrection what are you talking about? Something something liberal media, yadda yadda Mike Pence and, boy, moving these goal posts is hard and tiring work.

It was either Real American Patriots fighting back against massive voter fraud or the weirdest undercover FBI, BLM, Antifa False Flag ever but somehow it's both.

Thus, by a constant shifting of rhetorical focus....

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Edit: Nvm, quoted a post from way too long ago.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Thus, by a constant shifting of rhetorical focus....

I think I got the plates for one of the crisis actors/undercover Antifa/BLM gang

https://twitter.com/cityafreaks/status/1482407392088367111

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike-lindell-january-6-subpoena-banks-cutting-ties-minnesota-heartland-2022-1?r=US&IR=T

Mike is getting de-Banked now.
And if its happening to him, then its going to happen to everyone.

""Why did they wait till now?" he continued. "There's something behind this, and we can't let everyone get de-banked in our country.""

"Mike Lindell, the founder and CEO of MyPillow, told Insider on Friday that he's been told by two financial institutions to "leave their bank."

Lindell said Minnesota Bank & Trust and Heartland Financial USA told him they no longer wanted to do business with him. "

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The antifa baking system stole Milk linfells Monday

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
DirecTV dropping OANN reminds me of when Spectrum threatened to stop carrying CornCobTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rn5QdO07d8

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

FMguru posted:

DirecTV dropping OANN reminds me of when Spectrum threatened to stop carrying CornCobTV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rn5QdO07d8

I'm still mad about that one. Coffin Flop is a real show dammit!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

https://www.vulture.com/article/i-think-you-should-leave-coffin-flop-sketch.html

I found this insight into the coffin creation for that skit quite amusing.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently Giuliani has been subpoenaed by the 1/6 committee.

I can only hope he testifies because that will be comedy gold.

80% chance he admits to Treason.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Murgos posted:

Hell come in and fart up the hall of justice

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Murgos posted:

So has Eric (Choad) Trump and Kimberly Gargoyle.
Eric will fold like the wet napkin he is

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

OgNar posted:

So has Eric (Choad) Trump and Kimberly Gargoyle.
Eric will fold like the wet napkin he is

Will they? Current strategy is throw money and lawyers at it arguing over every comma and the color of the drapes in the court to run out the clock until midterms, then it will all go away if dems lose the majority. Seems to be working.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Not that it should surprise anyone, but right wing media is saying that Biden's "open border policy" is to blame for the recent synagogue hostage situation.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."

Twelve by Pies posted:

Not that it should surprise anyone, but right wing media is saying that Biden's "open border policy" is to blame for the recent synagogue hostage situation.

There has to be a trained chimp or something that FOX keeps in their boardroom, and every time the RWM needs a new talking point they just get Bobo to roll a bunch of dice to decide what to say.

"Sources are saying that AOC has whispered into critical race theory! Next, Dan Bongingo on the need for the unvaccinated to spank hair.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

SetSliRol posted:

There has to be a trained chimp or something that FOX keeps in their boardroom, and every time the RWM needs a new talking point they just get Bobo to roll a bunch of dice to decide what to say.

"Sources are saying that AOC has whispered into critical race theory! Next, Dan Bongingo on the need for the unvaccinated to spank hair.

They use a Jump To Conclusions mat, but with right wing talking points.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Apparently the guy who took the hostages was pretty hosed up and should probably never have been let into the country, but he came in by plane from the UK, even if we had THE WALL and the great Freep Tire Pit it wouldn't have stopped this dude from coming here because he didn't stroll over the Mexican border.

But clearly Biden's immigration policies are to blame because he wasn't white!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah that was pretty much the first guy who came into the country that committed any kind of horrible crime. Before Biden, we were fine on that end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1484170501178200067?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ooooo, a Soros sighting!

Man, that guy gets around.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Considering the reason Soros left Hungary as a kid and the current government of Hungary… yikes

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

WASHINGTON — The federal case against InfoWars host Owen Shroyer will proceed after a federal judge ruled Thursday the Justice Department was not vindictively prosecuting him for participating in the Capitol riot.
Shroyer, an Austin, Texas, resident and host of “The War Room with Owen Shroyer” on the far right-wing site InfoWars, was charged in August with four misdemeanor counts, including entering a restricted grounds and disorderly conduct.

One step at a time.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Considering the reason Soros left Hungary as a kid and the current government of Hungary… yikes

Hungary vs. Soros: 80 Years of One Guy Not Liking Fascism

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

I'd say 'just say the 14 words already you gormless gently caress' but I mean he already did so YOLO.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If I were Soros, I would bury that network in lawsuits. It’s not like he doesn’t have the money.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

If I were Soros, I would bury that network in lawsuits. It’s not like he doesn’t have the money.

If he was ever going to, he would have done it 15 years ago when Glenn Beck was literally calling him a Nazi collaborator on a daily basis and saying in exact words that he got his childhood friends and neighbors murdered by turning them in to the SS when he was like 7. That should have gotten Fox sued into oblivion, but somehow didn't.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

nine-gear crow posted:

If he was ever going to, he would have done it 15 years ago when Glenn Beck was literally calling him a Nazi collaborator on a daily basis and saying in exact words that he got his childhood friends and neighbors murdered by turning them in to the SS when he was like 7. That should have gotten Fox sued into oblivion, but somehow didn't.
That’s a fair point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

So does Soros just not give a poo poo that he's been turned into a Right Wing boogeyman over the past decade or so (I don't know if he's ever actually commented on it personally in any capacity)?