Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

italian quid posted:

I don't like magsafe, everything should be usb-c

Good to know the worst thread still delivers absolute bangers of bad takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

You mean micro? Or you got an ancient rear end radar that uses mini??

I mean micro. USB-C would be preferred

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Zedd posted:

Also to cool down the incoming cast Iron posts

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I have to buy a watch battery because the one in my keyless entry/start key fob is dead and I desperately need to know if there’s a brand of battery that this thread approves of, or better yet, if I should put my key fob in the air fryer or dishwasher

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There must be some audiophile version of a coin cell battery that claims to make your remote control volume changes less harsh

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

There must be some audiophile version of a coin cell battery that claims to make your remote control volume changes less harsh

It's made out of gold

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

A bunch of pro audio poo poo used to use this horrible standard not even a few years ago. I think most controllers and interfaces have gone to usb c by now but almost all of my crap still uses this.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The type B plug is better than either mini USB standard or the micro A one.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

italian quid posted:

I don't like magsafe, everything should be usb-c

insane opinions in the off-season thread reaching critical levels...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I have to buy a watch battery because the one in my keyless entry/start key fob is dead and I desperately need to know if there’s a brand of battery that this thread approves of, or better yet, if I should put my key fob in the air fryer or dishwasher

idk if it's because the control module on my car is on the fritz, but when I used cheap no-name cells in my key fob the car would roll a dice over whether or not to lock/unlock and the keyless go felt like russian roulette.

I actually needed one of these when setting up my printer this week because the enterprise WPA2 network set up in my new office is a minefield to configure certain devices on. The only cables I had where like this but had an additional lump on the top, presumably for power delivery or USB SS. :ohdear:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That's the USB3 version, for some reason I had a hard drive dock that used it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

refleks posted:

right? I went through the lengths of making sure I bought a MacBook Air from before they ditched the good ports and MagSafe, and will only buy another one with all of that again. My wife got an Air a couple years ago, and while it's a perfectly nice computer, having to use USB-C dongles for everything is pretty awful. beyond happy they reversed the Jonny Ive course and added the good ports back.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
audiophiles are the biggest suckers on the planet

https://consumerist.com/2008/03/03/do-coat-hangers-sound-as-good-monster-cables/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

idk if it's because the control module on my car is on the fritz, but when I used cheap no-name cells in my key fob the car would roll a dice over whether or not to lock/unlock and the keyless go felt like russian roulette.

I actually needed one of these when setting up my printer this week because the enterprise WPA2 network set up in my new office is a minefield to configure certain devices on. The only cables I had where like this but had an additional lump on the top, presumably for power delivery or USB SS. :ohdear:

We have a similar issue where the printer we use twice a year in an emergency has no wifi and this cable, only a puppy chewed most of the way through it, and our solution about 10 years ago was to use Elastoplast to keep it together so every time we use it it's an adventure.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

That's just the tip of the iceberg. We're talking about a group of people who pays $200 for a loving rock to sit on top of their amplifier to make the sound 'more liquid' https://www.musicdirect.com/accesso...nBoCbHIQAvD_BwE

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
My boy Valt is enjoying his freedom from the Death Star.

https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/1482366073483796482?t=v_DNMJjN2ZMT3BIVPqpFRw&s=19

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Just got an air fryer.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

If you want to be a turbo nerd, roll your own with Belden cables with Neutrik connectors.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I personally think it's very good that bottas posted his taint

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Full Collapse posted:

If you want to be a turbo nerd, roll your own with Belden cables with Neutrik connectors.

Get on the level of the Japanese dude who has a power pole dedicated to his hi-fi setup

quote:

According to Morita, having your own power source eliminates interference that results from sharing a public utility pole. “Electricity is like blood. If it is tainted, the whole body will get sick,” he explains in a new Wall Street Journal video. “No matter how expensive the audio equipment is, it will be no good if the blood is bad.”

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Anybody got a good air fryer wings recipe

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

step 1. open door dash app
step 2. get kfc delivered
step 3. throw air fryer in the trash

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Go fck your pillow op real men have air fryers

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

harperdc posted:

Good to know the worst thread still delivers absolute bangers of bad takes.

refleks posted:

The last time I was in the Apple ecosystem was 2008 and I went through two loving mag safe bricks because the connectors just loving destroyed themselves. The new magsafe cables now are $50 a pop in Canada, you can get decent USB-C cables for $10-15 from anywhere. Unless you're living with a 300lb Helen Keller I fail to see a scenario where somebody catches a power cable and keeps going with enough momentum to fling your laptop across the room.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That's some astonishing game.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ethanol posted:

lmao

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Finished 1998. Starts very poorly but ends pretty well. Ugly rear end cars though, cripes.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Hill and Schumacher really did not like each other hahaha.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ethanol posted:

line your air fryer with kitchen foil when cooking meat, use your regular wings recipe and set it for 15 min but it may be done faster.

90% of things that go in a airfyer go in for 11 mins, chicken legs go in for 20. Sausages 15.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ethanol posted:

I'm in my refractory period right now, so best I can do is snuggle with the GOAT

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
This is the one thread where I mindlessly start reading it and wonder where the hell I am.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Theophany posted:

step 1. open door dash app
step 2. get kfc delivered
step 3. throw air fryer in the trash

Are you suggesting someone go to KFC for wings?

Is that the type of lives Euros lead???

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Sab0921 posted:

Bonus points if it's an absolute knock off called "CFC" in the same red font and also does kebabs.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

This is the one thread where I mindlessly start reading it and wonder where the hell I am.

Welcome to the fever dream, bud. Its a wild loving ride. :twisted:

Sab0921 posted:

KFC outside of the US is actually good because we have laws against frying the chicken in chlorine and battering it with poo poo swept up off the floor :shrug:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You can buy the KFC family buckets from iceland for £5 and air fry them

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm going to get KFC tonight

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

You can buy the KFC family buckets from iceland for £5 and air fry them

I did not know this, are they actual KFC or they those loving vile breaded sinew and bone SFC garbage?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I'm gonna make a hundred million dollars by being the first to market with an actual wing restaurant in Europe

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the EU apparatchiks want to make everything usb-c. idk where it stands now though.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/23/eu-plans-to-make-usb-c-mandatory-for-apple-iphones-and-other-devices.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Sab0921 posted:

I'm gonna make a hundred million dollars by being the first to market with an actual wing restaurant in Europe

Lol look at this chump who's never seen any of the 100000 chicken shops