Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

What's the best way to afk crazy money? I want to get all the buyable cars and that will take a lot of dough, I don't have enough time to play to farm wheelspins through normal play...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

For the S2 season championship I won with the Mercedes CLK GTR forza edition, even though I only won 1 of the 3 races. It seems like there's quite a bit of variation in S2-998 cars so it might be much harder with the wrong one.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Did it with the Sesto FE, after modding it a bit for more control (spoiler and 10-speed for point reduction, then wheel sizing and something else I don't remember)

It's pretty intense when outside of my S2 rally Ultima for Arcade stuff I rarely go over A class.

text
Mar 12, 2011
Found the extreme track toy seasonal pretty easy with the mosler

Especially in S2 seasonal championships I think its easier to not tune up to 998, my mosler was about 940. Added awd, better brakes to make it easy to handle and 540hp isn't difficult.

551 481 936 share code

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The Trial was pretty easy this week.

I took the semi, and while I didn't win any of the races, I plowed the AI cars into the corners and hosed their races, allowing me and my teammates to come in first through fourth every race.

I was actually winning the second race toward the end. Then I hit a jump straight on, and for some reason the semi decided to land nearly sideways, netting me a disappointing fourth place.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TorakFade posted:

What's the best way to afk crazy money? I want to get all the buyable cars and that will take a lot of dough, I don't have enough time to play to farm wheelspins through normal play...
the only way to truly afk is to farm skillpoints and XP (and through that wheelspins)

take a grippy FE Lambo Sesto to a Goliath-like event, turn on auto steering and braking, perma forward with your choice of method, let it run while you're at work

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I noticed that the game will apply the tunnel sound effect to the cars engine noise whenever you drive underneath anything, even if it makes no sense acoustically. It makes the road with the elevated train tracks in the north of the map kind of annoying to drive because I can't ever unhear it.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Someone on YouTube pointed out that car headlights turn in in a tunnel but it depends on whether the camera is in the tunnel, not the car. That kind of bug is charming enough that they should leave it in.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift posted:

There are only 338,864 out of 14m+ times set on the monthly rivals, which is easy points, just do a clean lap.

Update: There are still only 427,758 times out of now 15.3 million players.

Also, i won an eliminator without doing a single head to head.

go team!

Makes me sad, i was so far ahead i might have been able to do it in the beetle.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 14, 2022

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

WhiteHowler posted:

I took the semi, and while I didn't win any of the races, I plowed the AI cars into the corners and hosed their races, allowing me and my teammates to come in first through fourth every race.

Yup, I do the same any time the semi is eligible. Both fun and effective

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
using a shifter with the trident in d class and squirreling out barely under control, blowing past the rivals ghost as the manifold falls off ftw

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I did the 100 mile Bentley challenge with it tuned to S1, got a clean lap of the Colossus and the Goliath while I was at it. Thing is actually fun to drive fully tuned.

Definitely agreeing with everyone about the S2 street race championship being too twitchy...at least the cars are so fast that if you blow it, the races are only about two minutes apiece. Thank goodness for rewind.

DnHMaster
Jan 9, 2007

Smell The Glove
Fun Shoe
Apparently if you manually set the difficulty to unbeatable and then do a playlist race you can get the accolades for winning unbeatable races even though the events are hard locked to highly skilled. I just got the unbeatable accolade for cross country from the jeep trailcat race.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DnHMaster posted:

Apparently if you manually set the difficulty to unbeatable and then do a playlist race you can get the accolades for winning unbeatable races even though the events are hard locked to highly skilled. I just got the unbeatable accolade for cross country from the jeep trailcat race.

everyone do this asap because they patch those exploits p quickly

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Is there a list of previous season exclusive cars? Maybe even future ones too?

And if you missed any, will they come back again as a season reward, or be offered in a DLC car pack?

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

ChocNitty posted:

Is there a list of previous season exclusive cars? Maybe even future ones too?

And if you missed any, will they come back again as a season reward, or be offered in a DLC car pack?

You can check horizon promo and sort by "not owned" to see the cars you don't have, and clicking on them will tell you whether it's a wheelspin or seasonal car. Otherwise there's a Forza wiki too, with a list of all the cars. There might be other ways too.

Nobody knows for certain except PG, but if FH4 is anything to go by, then yes they will eventually come back as seasonal rewards again or in the forzathon shop. FH4 eventually even gave away retailer-exclusive pre-order cars as rewards.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WhiteHowler posted:

The Trial was pretty easy this week.

I was actually winning the second race toward the end. Then I hit a jump straight on, and for some reason the semi decided to land nearly sideways, netting me a disappointing fourth place.

the racing semi is absolutely hilarious. won the first race, got third in the second but literally rammed an AI driver off a cliff and into the shadow realm and bashed several others into the wall so they spun out

you do have to be careful though because the thing is so huge it's easy to block your teammates

agreed though, that was one of the easiest trials I've done so far for sure. it only took one try

DnHMaster posted:

I often want to tune these up, not for an exploit but because highly skilled is pretty easy most times and it can get boring. but it doesn't let me change it at all?

Serperoth posted:

S2 for trials is my bane. gently caress up once and you're yeeting yourself off at 900kph, there's zero room for error. I'm cool with championships because at least those have rewind and I can chill without worrying about even a tiny mistake. And, no delays if you want to restart.

Yeah I haven't done an S2 Trials yet but I already know I'd be completely hosed. I don't think I'd even try.

The championship wasn't that bad, I used three different cars (they all turned out kinda lovely tbh) and only had to use rewind a few different times. But those are highly skilled drivatars iirc. Not unbeatable, and there is an enormous difference.

Some of my cars are kind of confusing. Like the Mosler MT900S upgraded to the top of S2. It has 10s in almost all categories, including speed handling and acceleration. But it kinda loving sucks for some reason and feels impossible to drive very well. It's v strange

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Trial was a cakewalk this week. As another goon mentioned, the trial has quickly become one of my favorite things to do in this game. Except for that foggy one, gently caress that.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I had a good time doing Open earlier! Until it did two dirt/XC series in a row in near-complete darkness without activating headlights while I only had braking lines showing.

"I'm leading the pack at 80% through the race! Is that a tree?"

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato

FFT posted:

without activating headlights

This seems to be a whole environment bug between championships, if you don't see headlights poking out in front of you in car selection best to quit and requeue. Everyone else more than likely is racing in daylight

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Would have managed if I'd had the full driving line on tbh, consistently managed to at least threaten 2nd even with the handicaps

Still, good to know.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Wiltsghost posted:

Except for that foggy one, gently caress that.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the foggy street race? It wasn’t that hard to see and it was one of the very few really unique experiences in this game where most of the races blend into one.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

AirRaid posted:

Am I the only one who enjoyed the foggy street race? It wasn’t that hard to see and it was one of the very few really unique experiences in this game where most of the races blend into one.

It would have been cool as a seasonal championship or similar. But putting it in a setting where you're playing with randoms, against top-level AIs, and you have to win to get a relevant prize, really amplifies all the bad things about it and doesn't let you really enjoy the cool parts.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

remember how the devs were like "we acknowledge the problems where regular players couldn't complete things and will work on it"

immediately before the season with a $4 million (if you didn't luck into it on a spin) car that requires 100 miles to complete the thing

and a (million dollar) Ferrari F40 speed trap

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
What do people spend money on in this game that they don’t have a few million credits lying about? I struggle to keep up with the flow of free cars the game throws at you from spins, various rewards etc, that I rarely have to buy anything other than liberally spraying upgrades onto whatever I want to drive, which actually is not that expensive. Where does the money go?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FFT posted:

I had a good time doing Open earlier! Until it did two dirt/XC series in a row in near-complete darkness without activating headlights while I only had braking lines showing.

"I'm leading the pack at 80% through the race! Is that a tree?"

my personal theory is they do some sort of filter trickery to mime night so its actually day or something, so headlamps don't turn on because its technically day lol. its either that or its actually 5 minutes from headlamps on time or something. like the time is random. its fuckin weird is what it is

tomanton posted:

This seems to be a whole environment bug between championships, if you don't see headlights poking out in front of you in car selection best to quit and requeue. Everyone else more than likely is racing in daylight

lol goddamnit of course

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

FFT posted:

remember how the devs were like "we acknowledge the problems where regular players couldn't complete things and will work on it"

immediately before the season with a $4 million (if you didn't luck into it on a spin) car that requires 100 miles to complete the thing

and a (million dollar) Ferrari F40 speed trap

It would have been great if the Bentley was a reward from another seasonal thing, like the Trident you needed for the picture last week or so, which was a reward from the weekly points.

I got my Bentley cheapish at 3,5m so I do have enough for the F40 too, but only because I threw some points at some Caymans earlier. Still don't have a Trailcat but that's the cheapest one of the three

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

AirRaid posted:

What do people spend money on in this game that they don’t have a few million credits lying about? I struggle to keep up with the flow of free cars the game throws at you from spins, various rewards etc, that I rarely have to buy anything other than liberally spraying upgrades onto whatever I want to drive, which actually is not that expensive. Where does the money go?

Personally, before going on a skill point spree (but having done a dozen Willy's super spins) I had 8 millions which is about what I got from selling the civic Mugen. All the rest was spent in houses, upgrades and cars. Of course I have like 360 cars and I am too impatient to wait for random spins, so if I want to try something I buy it and I never had the feeling of having too much money before

Now after 40 caymans/ super spins I have 18 million and a bunch of rare expensive cars, I don't feel like going for more really. When I will get back down to 4-5 million I will probably farm up some cash again and so on

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 15, 2022

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

V8 10 speed :wotwot:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

AirRaid posted:

I liked it too, and I also liked the S2 one. It's just frustrating having to do them so many times because you're constantly dragged down by the pubbies finishing at the very bottom.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

What’s a good car to use for open racing s2 mixed surfaces?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I've got an Ultima tuned to S2 998 on offroad tires that's a ton of fun. Mostly use it for arcade stuff though, tbh

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mind dropping the tune?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/216doe/status/1482430023785238530?t=tSgjXkHkkbMXbUJUE9ZFxg&s=19

I agree with the tweet, I'd magnet my SSD if this happened to me

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Ha, that happened to me this season in a championship race. Well not the car on top of a car, but this:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Serperoth posted:

I agree with the tweet, I'd magnet my SSD if this happened to me
Doing absolutely nothing wouldn't be in agreement with the tweet :colbert:

Jenny Agutter posted:

Mind dropping the tune?
Fair warning, I said "a ton of fun". And it's probably unplayable if you're not in automatic. But it's pretty good for me with ABS and automatic enabled and everything else stripped out.

805 866 589

/e: it's got some over/understeering issues I haven't quite nailed down but as long as you aren't trying to do clean laps on Mulegé Town Scramble to prove a point you'll probably be fine:

(top 6% overall even with the dirty lap, for whatever that's worth)

/e2: Went back and managed a clean lap on the second:

(top 1% overall with the clean lap, maybe it's not so bad)

stringless fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 15, 2022

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Of course I win this stupid thing from a wheelspin after i've already bought one, finished the weekly, and sold it to make some money back :doh:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I can either hit 10M or I can buy that loving Bentley. Grr.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

That Bentley and the Sesto FE were like the first two cars I got via the wheelspin :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Knot My President! posted:

That Bentley and the Sesto FE were like the first two cars I got via the wheelspin :v:

lucky bastard. I should just by a Sesto but I keep seeing it on the wheel and feeling like I'll get it eventually

but I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to wheelspins. Not uncommon to get jack poo poo five times in a row. Other times I'll get a few cars but mostly boring production cars or dupes

Jenny Agutter posted:

What’s a good car to use for open racing s2 mixed surfaces?

Hoonigan S200 maybe with rally tires/suspension?