Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

cant wait for the secret bonus finale run of metroid dread

im 100% positive this post will vindicate me in several hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

raditts posted:

It's already happened before, twice. The last evening usually brings in a million all on its own, and those are marathons that didn't average at least 250k a day. At the rate this one's been going, I think 3.5 is possible.

I think they hit 3 at the AGDQ I was at, that would have been 2019 I think :kimchi:

Chat being remarkably chill about the translator's neopronouns is nice to see

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Bit thwarted by slow audio activation

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

the yeti posted:

I think they hit 3 at the AGDQ I was at, that would have been 2019 I think :kimchi:

Chat being remarkably chill about the translator's neopronouns is nice to see

That was amazing to watch on the stream so I can't imagine how cool it would have been to be there in person.

IMJack posted:

Bit thwarted by slow audio activation

Glad it wasn't just me.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
When are the prize drawings? I probably won't win that PS5 but I don't recall when I'll know for sure if I have/haven't

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Hunt11 posted:

That was amazing to watch on the stream so I can't imagine how cool it would have been to be there in person.

It was a good time; I probably wasn't that energetic cause I'd caught con crud that monday or tuesday and was just back on my feet, but everyone else made up for it

ed: I really wanna go again, between the cold (i.e., illness) and the cold (i.e., DC in winter) I really want to check it out again when it's in person and also now that it's someplace that's pleasant to exist in during January.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flesnolk posted:

When are the prize drawings? I probably won't win that PS5 but I don't recall when I'll know for sure if I have/haven't

Feb 7 according to the "sweepstakes rules" boilerplate. Gotta give time for the "no donation necessary" entries to get where they're going.

I gotta wonder if anyone actually wins a prize out of those NPN/NDN mail-in entries, no just here but any similar prize drawing

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Since some GDQ staff read this thread, I just want to say, thank you for having Prize Crew (and hopefully everyone around them) in N95s. Cloth and surgical masks have never sufficed against SARS-CoV-2, and certainly not against omicron. I appreciate your not only taking the health and safety of your personnel seriously, but also setting good examples for everyone watching by normalizing the use of good PPE.

On a lighter note, that stained glass Peach perler is impressive as hell.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I did it, I sort of made it into my first GDQ! I designed, laser cut, and donated these Link's Awakening prizes, super cool to see them on screen. GDQ prizes are a big influence that got me into making these.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedTenderKuduUnSane-SUSfkkGbxwcSBLOG

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chainclaw posted:

I did it, I sort of made it into my first GDQ! I designed, laser cut, and donated these Link's Awakening prizes, super cool to see them on screen. GDQ prizes are a big influence that got me into making these.

That is some awesome work you did and congrats for getting it shown off like this.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Those are cool as hell. I would be thrilled if I won one of those.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Kestral posted:

Since some GDQ staff read this thread, I just want to say, thank you for having Prize Crew (and hopefully everyone around them) in N95s. Cloth and surgical masks have never sufficed against SARS-CoV-2, and certainly not against omicron. I appreciate your not only taking the health and safety of your personnel seriously, but also setting good examples for everyone watching by normalizing the use of good PPE.

On a lighter note, that stained glass Peach perler is impressive as hell.

Surgical masks don’t work?! poo poo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Chainclaw posted:

Nice work

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Chainclaw posted:

That rules so much.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
LONK beats DAD at the last moment

and it throws everybody off script

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Chainclaw posted:

congrats! they look awesome :D

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Flesnolk posted:

Surgical masks don’t work?! poo poo

Surgical masks are good for keeping the nasty stuff in your mouth and nose from getting out on the big particles you expel, but they do virtually nothing to protect you against something as wildly airborne as omicron, which flies right up in there on the air currents.

You get good protection only when you have a robust filtering medium (like an N95) that also seals well to your face, otherwise air just takes the path of least resistance. Check out Aura N95s by 3M, which have the best fit and comfort for most people; they're getting harder to find but Home Depots will sometimes still have them in the painting section, and you can find those and other N95s at industrial safety suppliers online, just as long as it's not Amazon (which is full of counterfeits).

Chainclaw posted:

Those laser cuts are beautiful, you did a fantastic job on them!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

No EG*

*some EG

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

the yeti posted:

No EG*

*some EG

If there's one thing that drives me crazy about speedrunning its stuff like this.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Over the river and through the ruins
To Eastern Palace we go

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Internet Kraken posted:

If there's one thing that drives me crazy about speedrunning its stuff like this.

I get why community shorthand can be misleading to an outsider but in this specific case "no underworld EG" is just right there

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Hahaha, wait, did the commentator just spoil a hidden incentive?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
vzakat sounding kinda breathless or nervous

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!

Kestral posted:

Thanks from me as well. It's been great to see this.

Chainclaw posted:

Awesome, those look loving sweet. Congrats!

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

IMJack posted:

vzakat sounding kinda breathless or nervous

I think he's been trying hard to get the tech explained ahead of hotarubi using it

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The hell is this?

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Ah yes, the, uh, Lost Woods. Yes. That's definitely what this is.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's an apocalyptic rainstorm that makes Hyrule's reality poo poo itself

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okay so the exploration glitch is a completely different glitch then what's happening now?

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

Don't know what I was expecting from this loz:lttp run, but saying "no exploration glitch" and then DOING a form of the exploration glitch kind of feels like a bit of a cop out.

At least it's pretty interesting to watch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This commentator is making some visceral noises.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Rynex posted:

Don't know what I was expecting from this loz:lttp run, but saying "no exploration glitch" and then DOING a form of the exploration glitch kind of feels like a bit of a cop out.

At least it's pretty interesting to watch.

I think we go through that every GDQ in this thread, category names in some games are weird and bad

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
As with any Aghanim fight, it's a question of how badly he's going to blue-ball you

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the commentator will have a chance to even take a breath.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

This is the first time I've seen a live marathon run from Hotarubi. He has this mystique in speedrunning like an ancient one. Like he made the Rosetta stone of speedrunning. I never even imagined he'd be doing a run at a GDQ. If this is what online contributions can bring to GDQ I think it should be allowed even during live events.

The stepmania NotITG run also supports allowing online runs.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Link has become Spider-Man, the hookshot is now too powerful.

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

the yeti posted:

I think we go through that every GDQ in this thread, category names in some games are weird and bad

Yeah, this is still really rad and I'm enjoying it, but I think I was just expecting something else and I should know better that people will always find unique ways to subvert the rules given.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

IMJack posted:

As with any Aghanim fight, it's a question of how badly he's going to blue-ball you

:dadjoke:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am pretty sure I can see the code crying during this run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Poor Vzakat, his commentary is absolutely excellent, but he's physically struggling to keep up and his breathing sounds off. I hope he's well.

Oh thank god a crystal, let this man breathe.