Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

jassi007 posted:

Modern? I love Wilderness Rec decks. Wonder if I can find a decklist.

https://youtu.be/13O2AEwRNCQ

With the usual proviso that Spike is a better player than you and makes horrid decks work. YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

LeafHouse posted:

Gambling rules let kids have some fun sheesh

Not an emptyquote

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

allowing boosters to be sold to children is a society-level failure on the level of allowing food service workers to be paid below minimum wage. the use of the term "booster fun" makes my skin crawl whenever I read it, those fucks know exactly what they're doing

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
children losing their entire life's savings to big cardboard

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

my 11 year old son's wife left him and took the kids because he blew it all chasing foil showcase sorin the mirthless

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Reynold posted:

my 11 year old son's wife left him and took the kids because he blew it all chasing foil showcase sorin the mirthless

drat. he has to use all his allowance on alimony too, doesn't he?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

all those birthday cards and mowed lawns, and what does he have to show for it now?

nothing but the crushing weight of his own failure

my only hope is that he finds the help he needs, and that in time, our families can move past this and heal

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

luckily, I have a modest proposal for how to fix the child gambling issue

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
No, child cannibalism doesn’t solve the cardboard gambling problem
It just passes it on to whoever eats them, like prions.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We need to copy China's lead and just ban people from under the age of 18 from playing any games, period.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Playing in a 2K today, wish me luck

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

May you draw lands and spells in the proper measure.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

May you draw lands and spells in the proper measure.

Thank you. My LGS is running it and there’s a hella good turnout, there’s probably almost 50 people here already

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

gently caress wishing you luck, I hope you crush everyone you face.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

are you on the fish?

kick some rear end

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

kalel posted:

i'm goldfishing against my baby for more pack crack

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

kalel posted:

If those 7 year old coal miners want to spend their weeks wages on heroin and booster packs who am I to try and stop them?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

good luck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ilmucche posted:

are you on the fish?

kick some rear end

No as much as I love fish I don’t trust it enough at a big event. I’m on obosh blood moon and I’m 1-1 so far

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Been playing MTGO EDH because it's cheap and you can build a powerful deck for 5 tickets and it's wild seeing all these cards you didn't know exist.

Just played someone using the Cipher mechanic, had no clue it was even a thing. Seems like something they should bring back

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No as much as I love fish I don’t trust it enough at a big event. I’m on obosh blood moon and I’m 1-1 so far

Congrats on being the bad guy.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i remember buying boosters as a kid, before they designed sets for drafting

unfortunately my parents had no idea what this "card game with dragons and faeries poo poo" was to talk to some sense into me

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hell yeah, keep 'em honest

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Edit: oh this was already spoiled?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

It feels like I get matched against Nicol Bolas and other very controly decks 90% of the time if I play three mana Chandra in Historic Brawl. But I enjoy styling on those decks with some old-fashioned Mono R Aggro. Either that or I die horribly after they have a board wipe and removal for Chandra but that's fair game.

edit: this was meant for the other thread but w/e

Retcon fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 16, 2022

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Has anyone bought top-loading KMC Inners lately? They were out of stock when I was looking late last year, and I'm starting to see them again, but before I spring for them I am just making sure they are still the same quality.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Magnetic North posted:

Has anyone bought top-loading KMC Inners lately? They were out of stock when I was looking late last year, and I'm starting to see them again, but before I spring for them I am just making sure they are still the same quality.

Ya and not had any issues. Quality control seems better than it was a few years ago.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Nastier Nate posted:

i remember buying boosters as a kid, before they designed sets for drafting

unfortunately my parents had no idea what this "card game with dragons and faeries poo poo" was to talk to some sense into me

Did you want your parents to talk you out of buying hundred dollar EV boosters for 2.50?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don't think it's wrong for MtG to be gambling, but they shouldn't run from the label. It's gambling that's nominally for children but is mostly for thirty year old Redditors! There's only a small shame in that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Well I went 1-3-1 so not a very good showing yesterday lol. On the upside, I cashed in a bunch of store credit to buy a full playset of Urza's Saga. Now to figure out what to do with them

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Glad to find there's at least one playable format even if I have to hop back into MODO. I'm enjoying Pioneer Orzhov Vampires quite a bit, I think I'm almost ready for a league.

Just beat the mirror, which can be a slog, after my opponent was first to get a Blood Baron down, even though I was well ahead on life. They seemed to be turning it around even as I got my own down. They built a really wide board then made the fatal error of playing out a Champion of Dusk, drawing a tonne but going down to eight. I had Edgar in hand, so the Blood Baron and Mirthless Sorin token I have go from dealing six to exactsies.

Is there something I'm missing that will make certain enemy actions more clear? It's not always obvious that they have brought a companion into their hand or cycled, or the top/bottom decisions for scrying didn't there used to be text output for this stuff?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Dysgenesis posted:

Ya and not had any issues. Quality control seems better than it was a few years ago.

KMC never had a QC issues all they have had are "Bezos is a mercenary fuckface who doesnt care if you buy inferior bootleg poo poo off his site" and "nobody in certain countries cares about fugazis" issues.

The only problems they have had since then is supply but who hasn't in the last year?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Well I went 1-3-1 so not a very good showing yesterday lol. On the upside, I cashed in a bunch of store credit to buy a full playset of Urza's Saga. Now to figure out what to do with them

Lol, sorry man. Good luck next time

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hear me out: phyrexian dreadnoughts have a cmc of 1

Hauki
May 11, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

Hear me out: phyrexian dreadnoughts have a cmc of 1

:hmmyes:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Glad to find there's at least one playable format even if I have to hop back into MODO. I'm enjoying Pioneer Orzhov Vampires quite a bit, I think I'm almost ready for a league.

Just beat the mirror, which can be a slog, after my opponent was first to get a Blood Baron down, even though I was well ahead on life. They seemed to be turning it around even as I got my own down. They built a really wide board then made the fatal error of playing out a Champion of Dusk, drawing a tonne but going down to eight. I had Edgar in hand, so the Blood Baron and Mirthless Sorin token I have go from dealing six to exactsies.

Is there something I'm missing that will make certain enemy actions more clear? It's not always obvious that they have brought a companion into their hand or cycled, or the top/bottom decisions for scrying didn't there used to be text output for this stuff?

Keep the Game Log open, it keeps track of every game action for both players.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Legacy Minotaurs fetching didgeridoo.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

mcmagic posted:

Did you want your parents to talk you out of buying hundred dollar EV boosters for 2.50?

Lions Eye Diamond? Look at this garbage gently caress this

Hammer of Bogardon? Fuuuuuck yea

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Lions Eye Diamond? Look at this garbage gently caress this

Hammer of Bogardon? Fuuuuuck yea

Hammer was a loving banger of a card. Just excellent in all aspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
hammer was extremely legit when it was printed