Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

this game is cool

Yeah i played it and air zonk a long time ago on a pirated version of magic engine before there were good free pce emus. The cd air zonk i never liked as much and since it goes on eBay for a lowly 200 dollars instead of 900 dollars lile coryoon and thenoriginal air zonk i guess im not the only person whom felts that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The later abilities were fun too, Carnage was satisfying to use.

3. Destiny 2 Beyond Light, dont know if I should include it, but hey I beat wjat they consider the 'main campaign' for the expansion, which is only about 5% of the stuff you spend you're time doing in the game, but on its merits, Destiny is still a pretty game, good aesthethics, decent shooting, variety of locations, lots of gear and customization. Having jumped into this after not touching it for 6 years, its alright, lots of activities, but the MMO aspects have only gotten more emphasized, and being forced to engage with certain aspects, like Pvp, is very annoying. Overall it's OK and engaging, the Seasonal content is a good idea, but not knowing what you have access to before buying is real lovely. Try it for free is my recommendation, and if you don't mind not missing the past story events, just wait till the next expansion, The Witch Queen, to jump in next month.

4. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart was pretty sick, beautiful and smooth gameplay, fun story, good stakes and setpieces by the end. Coming from someone who hasn't played any of the other ones, it was easy to jump in and not feel lost. Clever funny writing and good performances too.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Lego DC Super-Villains. First PS+ game I've beaten in a long while, just as good as I remember the old Lego games being.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

4) Lacuna

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
2) Arkham knight. definitely worth the 3 bucks since i loved the past arkham games but i think this one is the weakest of the three. i really liked flying around gotham and didnt care for the batmobile that much. the combat in the car was fine but driving around was more annoying than fun. I liked the story for the most part. I appreciated that they didn't take away the moves you learned from the previous game metroid style, but then it adds more on top of it and coming into the game fresh i did feel overwhelmed with all the options available along with having to do certain things to hurt curtain goons in fights.

Also the game looks really really good, sorta amazed since it came out 6 years ago.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3. New Super Mario Brothers 2 (No Invincibility Leaves)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

2) Arkham knight. definitely worth the 3 bucks since i loved the past arkham games but i think this one is the weakest of the three. i really liked flying around gotham and didnt care for the batmobile that much. the combat in the car was fine but driving around was more annoying than fun. I liked the story for the most part. I appreciated that they didn't take away the moves you learned from the previous game metroid style, but then it adds more on top of it and coming into the game fresh i did feel overwhelmed with all the options available along with having to do certain things to hurt curtain goons in fights.

Also the game looks really really good, sorta amazed since it came out 6 years ago.

i still have to beat this one of these days. i think arkham city was just about the right amount for me, knight overdid it enough that i bounced off it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i still have to beat this one of these days. i think arkham city was just about the right amount for me, knight overdid it enough that i bounced off it.

Yeah, same. AC was solid, but I played AK too soon after, so I just bounced off it as well. I really should give it another crack though

EDIT: Anyway, time to start my list! (Halfway through Jan...)

1) Heavy Rain

Just finished this tonight. Not too bad, although I prefer Beyond: Two Souls, which I beat late last year. Worth playing still, although I guessed who the killer would be fairly early on.
In my playthrough Ethan completed all the tests, including murking that drug dealer in his own home. He and Madison got together and survived, as did Jayden, who arrested Mad Jack and knocked the killer into the meat grinder. (I mean, it gave me the option to save him, but who'd fall for that trick?) Lauren survived as well, plus Shaun did too. So it was a pretty happy ending for everyone really, aside from...well, you know who :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 15, 2022

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i remember feeling that way when the game was being advertised, open world and having the car and all. I honesty enjoyed flying around looking for things to clear with my eyes as the game won't always give you waypoints. You can easily fly from one end of the map to the other in a short period of time so I was happy with how little down time there is going from spot to spot.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

i remember feeling that way when the game was being advertised, open world and having the car and all. I honesty enjoyed flying around looking for things to clear with my eyes as the game won't always give you waypoints. You can easily fly from one end of the map to the other in a short period of time so I was happy with how little down time there is going from spot to spot.

this is going to seem like a nitpicky complaint, but I hated the UI for the map, which was always intuitive in the previous 2 games

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, All Heart Pieces, Level 2 Sword Obtained - Great game that I hadn't played since I was a kid. This was the original Gameboy version on the Game&Watch and not the Switch remake. I had to look up where most of the heart pieces were because quite frankly, they were bullshit. The last couple of dungeons were tricky, especially level 8.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, All Heart Pieces, Level 2 Sword Obtained - Great game that I hadn't played since I was a kid. This was the original Gameboy version on the Game&Watch and not the Switch remake. I had to look up where most of the heart pieces were because quite frankly, they were bullshit. The last couple of dungeons were tricky, especially level 8.

i didnt get all heart pieces for exactly that reason and i was doing it in bed so i didnt want to get my phone to look them up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like the arkham knight car

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Death's Door - 100%

I was a bit disappointed there's no second final boss for the true ending, but it was a cool game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Same. I thought the game was fun

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same. I thought the game was fun

it owned, and I hope they make another someday

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

it owned, and I hope they make another someday

theyre making a suicide squad game, and they absolutely refuse to show any gameplay in any trailers and it keeps me up at night worried

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Kongming posted:

getting all the hearts and secret shells is the most impressive thing i did as a child considering how much stuff is just, "yeah run into this tree i guess." good rear end game.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

theyre making a suicide squad game, and they absolutely refuse to show any gameplay in any trailers and it keeps me up at night worried

They showed some at the game awards, it looked alright but nothing like the Arkham games. More gun-based than melee seems like

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
in my endless attempts at beating gradius games i took a break to play DARIUS gaiden and i beat it but used like 15 credits so i dont know if i should count it since arcade games are truly really beat by 1cc. idk. bye

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

darius gaiden is a lot better than every gradius game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

instead of playing gradius play the gradius - like game form the guy who mad maldita castilla. hydorah or super hydorah or w/e

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

i liked it a bunch

instead of playing gradius play the gradius - like game form the guy who mad maldita castilla. hydorah or super hydorah or w/e

locomalito ftw.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

instead of playing gradius play the sexy gradius - like game from the creators of gradius: otomedius excellent

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

absolutely. I played the saturn version probably more than any other game on the console. the music blew my freaking mind, the piano on stage 1 kicks rear end. it has been on my list to try and 1cc for years

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

instead of playing gradius play the sexy gradius - like game from the creators of gradius: otomedius excellent

excuse me. otomedius is a distinct series fromgradius

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
G.Darious ftw also

copy
Jul 26, 2007

tawal posted:

absolutely. I played the saturn version probably more than any other game on the console. the music blew my freaking mind, the piano on stage 1 kicks rear end. it has been on my list to try and 1cc for years

same. used to put the disc in my truck's cd player to listen to the soundtrack while driving lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ikaruga is on my list to play this year

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAO6akjqdg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

ikaruga is ftw but everyone hates it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

ikaruga is ftw but everyone hates it

lol cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I thought all the normies loved Ikaruga. I bought it on XBLA like 15 years ago but never really made an effort to get good at it. I played through the first few levels probably a dozen times and thought the music and graphics (my first real bullet hell game) were cool.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Yakuza kiwami for my first of the year. 8/10 I didn’t like it quite as much as 0 but it was still great and majima was still the best part

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like being able to turn on infinite lives and trying to improve number of deaths every run. Also doing that on easy mode first lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

elf help book posted:

Yeah. It’s cool how most of the obstacles in the street just get smashed by it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Batman totalling his armoured tank on a sapling after steamrolling multiple buildings

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

20XX - Rush mode, no skulls active.

Didn't realize this was a Roguelite when I started playing it, will probably double back in a month or two and knock out some challenge runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ikarugas okay but its the game that people who never play shumps say is the best shmup ever alongnwoth radiant silvergun. These arent even treasures vest shumps (gradius v). AndIf these people had ANYBbrains at all and branched out even the TINIEST bit in the stg genre theyd easily discover the "holy tromity" of shmups: jets n guns, raptor.call of the shadows and tyrian 2000 which EASILY surpass ikaruga