Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

Manifisto posted:

I knew it, I knew cj and chloe were actually one and the same!

all the pieces coming together now, like the end of the usual suspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andoman

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

Rydych chi'n anhygoel hefyd, ffrind orb

Diolch. Rydych chi'n rhy garedig

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Welsh or summoning of elder gods, can never tell.

Manifisto

Zil posted:

don't forget sneezing/coughing fit

I kid, welsh is a really neat language

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

if there was a pill you could take that would grant instant fluency in any language which would you pick?

part of me wants like proto indo european or vinca symbols or something ancient so i could unlock some mysteries or whatever but i honestly think french is the right answer. i'm pretty okay with that language but if i could leap from "okay" to "fluent" with a pill i would.

i have always wanted to read borges in spanish though, so maybe that.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Finnish as a present for my wife. Also so we could move there.

B33rChiller

Heather Papps posted:

if there was a pill you could take that would grant instant fluency in any language which would you pick?

part of me wants like proto indo european or vinca symbols or something ancient so i could unlock some mysteries or whatever but i honestly think french is the right answer. i'm pretty okay with that language but if i could leap from "okay" to "fluent" with a pill i would.

careful, you go back too far, and you end up pre-dating literature, and the only thing to read are tax accounts.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Cardi BYOB posted:

Code Jockey is a real person and I am now in possession of this:

Plz pet doggo for me :buddy:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

NumptyScrub posted:

Plz pet doggo for me :buddy:

MY DOG is very good

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

byob pals do you have a strong opinion about salad being served in a bowl vs a plate? My wife and I differ on this so we make salads in a bowl for me and a plate for her. I found the idea of salad on a plate super weird but maybe I am the one who is weird.

I have strong opinions about this. First off, I love salad. Specifically "salad" salad, not like macaroni "salad" or whatever. I've always felt it was kind of wrong calling it tuna "salad" etc. In my mind a salad is a proper salad, with many variations, but lettuce or the equivalent is the base ingredient.

However, case at hand, in addition to previous comments made about bowls making more sense physically for scooping up stuff and not sliding around, containment is my biggest issue. I'm one of those "I don't like my food touching" people. Not neurotic about it, but I like to enjoy things separately as they were served and meant to be enjoyed, not just some big mixed together slop on a plate, unless that's what the dish originally is meant to be, say, like chili. Having ceasar (my fav), ranch, vinaigrette or whatever mixing in on my steak or beans and sides or something doesn't exactly ruin it, but it's a huge meal downgrade that's easily avoidable.

If you want to just slop that stuff down on a portion of your plate like a heathen fine by me (my parents still do this, I always would be the lone bowl user). Myself, I can't understand why you would take the time to grill up a steak (or entre of choice) to near perfection then plop some lettuce slathered in some dressing right next to it ensuring that a good amount of your delicious entre and sides will taste like something you would never intentionally put on them.

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

i eat a lot of salads and i always eat them in bowls for the simple reason you have something to push against with the fork, when trying to get stragglers or whatever.

also... holy poo poo. energy salad tastes GOOD. i def put in too many m&m's but if you have somewhere around a single, (maybe two), m&m's per mouthful of lettuce it loving works. there's a munch and crunch and then a pop of sweetness for a moment that gives way to a rich chocolate which can be overwhelming but delightful at the right ratios.

hunh.

Thinking about Energy Salad, maybe like a chinese chicken salad, with the mandarin oranges for the sweet and the cashews for the salty and crunch, but sub (or add) peanut m&m's for the sweet and salty crunch.

Andoman

Zil posted:

Of course it’s both.

Goons Are Gifts

at this point I'd just assume that the Welsh are a race of elder gods

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

I suppose that something like Spanish would be a practical answer, but I'd actually probably go with German. And then I'd go on a murder spree because my brain cannot abide gendered nouns, especially three of them!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Heather Papps posted:

part of me wants like proto indo european or vinca symbols or something ancient so i could unlock some mysteries or whatever
This feels like a twilight zone episode premise, where you get that ability but you can't prove that what you say it says is right since you have no sources so everyone just thinks you're a liar making poo poo up, and also none of the known writings have anything actually interesting, so you totally wasted your chance.

I feel like fluent in a programming language would mean something more than any human actually has, so I would pick that. But I guess maybe it wouldn't be as good as I think, since people who are fluent in English still have to think about and edit their phrasing, so fluent doesn't really mean the language just pours right out without thought.

Twenty Four

roomforthetuna posted:

This feels like a twilight zone episode premise, where you get that ability but you can't prove that what you say it says is right since you have no sources so everyone just thinks you're a liar making poo poo up, and also none of the known writings have anything actually interesting, so you totally wasted your chance.

In proper Twilight Zone fashion, you would also lose your ability to speak your native tongue(s) and no one can understand you anymore because all you can speak is some archaic language.

Heather Papps

hello friend

roomforthetuna posted:

"gently caress. gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress this is a shopping list gently caress."

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prof. Crocodile

Goons Are Great posted:

notice how you never see rob brydon and nyarlathotep in the same place at the same time :thunk:

Andoman

Goons Are Great posted:

I mean, hell yes I would take that. So long as I get to be the elder god of being chill - the whole devouring mortal souls things sounds a bit unBYOB.

Goons Are Gifts

really? just imagine hanging in a hammock chilling, snacking some souls while posting, being high as a kite

Boba Pearl

by Athanatos
I'd eat a soul, as long as they got to be part of whatever collective that makes up the original me.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Finger Prince

I've got this song stuck in my head that I don't know what it is and it's annoying. Not the song, it's a pretty good song. But I have no idea who it's by or the lyrics and only sort of vaguely know part of the tune.
It's a sort of grungy alternative type track, but I want to say it's more recent than that.
It has this sort of out of tune guitar riff going twang twanga twang twanga twang twangatwangatwanga, and the male vocalist sings something like "fnah fnah fnah blah..." (twanga twang twanga twang) [and maybe something like]"make it easier on you" [but I might be mixing that lyric up with another song because I don't know the actual words].

-e It's definitely not "make it easier on you", but it's probably something like that.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 16, 2022

Goons Are Gifts

04.50 am posting from the toilet, feels like home

B33rChiller

Boba Pearl posted:

I'd eat a soul, as long as they got to be part of whatever collective that makes up the original me.
You seem cooler than Santa. You can have mine.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

I've got this song stuck in my head that I don't know what it is and it's annoying. Not the song, it's a pretty good song. But I have no idea who it's by or the lyrics and only sort of vaguely know part of the tune.
It's a sort of grungy alternative type track, but I want to say it's more recent than that.
It has this sort of out of tune guitar riff going twang twanga twang twanga twang twangatwangatwanga, and the male vocalist sings something like "fnah fnah fnah blah..." (twanga twang twanga twang) [and maybe something like]"make it easier on you" [but I might be mixing that lyric up with another song because I don't know the actual words].

-e It's definitely not "make it easier on you", but it's probably something like that.

at one point, and this was a number of years ago, I had this problem and posted on a site called "whatzatsong.com". It looks like it's still around! you can hum approximations or play them on digital instruments or whatever. in my case they found my song and I was thrilled, I hung around and tried to help other people with their songs too but I don't really have encyclopedic knowledge.

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

at one point, and this was a number of years ago, I had this problem and posted on a site called "whatzatsong.com". It looks like it's still around! you can hum approximations or play them on digital instruments or whatever. in my case they found my song and I was thrilled, I hung around and tried to help other people with their songs too but I don't really have encyclopedic knowledge.

That would be cool, but that url either gives me a 404 or a scary security warning if I add https go the front. Also I'm not sure I could really hum it because it's all kind of dissonant anyway by its nature. The singer in my mind kind of sounds a bit like Jack White, and might actually be Jack White (but it's a lot more whiny* and ballady than typical driving rock jack white tracks)
*like not bad whiny just mopey sounding kinda

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 16, 2022

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

That would be cool, but that url either gives me a 404 or a scary security warning if I add https go the front. Also I'm not sure I could really hum it because it's all kind of dissonant anyway by its nature. The singer in my mind kind of sounds a bit like Jack White, and might actually be Jack White (but it's a lot more whiny* and ballady than typical driving rock jack white tracks)
*like not bad whiny just mopey sounding kinda

my mistake, it is:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

👍
The guitar twangle I think alternates between a high A and G# with some dissonance/interference and the vocal melody I think goes A G# E D (or maybe it's C, it's a little weird) but that's just me trying to sound it out by ear on a little tuner app I have on my phone.

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

I have strong opinions about this. First off, I love salad. Specifically "salad" salad, not like macaroni "salad" or whatever. I've always felt it was kind of wrong calling it tuna "salad" etc. In my mind a salad is a proper salad, with many variations, but lettuce or the equivalent is the base ingredient.

However, case at hand, in addition to previous comments made about bowls making more sense physically for scooping up stuff and not sliding around, containment is my biggest issue. I'm one of those "I don't like my food touching" people. Not neurotic about it, but I like to enjoy things separately as they were served and meant to be enjoyed, not just some big mixed together slop on a plate, unless that's what the dish originally is meant to be, say, like chili. Having ceasar (my fav), ranch, vinaigrette or whatever mixing in on my steak or beans and sides or something doesn't exactly ruin it, but it's a huge meal downgrade that's easily avoidable.

If you want to just slop that stuff down on a portion of your plate like a heathen fine by me (my parents still do this, I always would be the lone bowl user). Myself, I can't understand why you would take the time to grill up a steak (or entre of choice) to near perfection then plop some lettuce slathered in some dressing right next to it ensuring that a good amount of your delicious entre and sides will taste like something you would never intentionally put on them.

TBF salad just basically means "a mix of stuff" mixed green salad is a pretty modern invention IIRC.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Goons Are Gifts

yobbers, dispatches from SAmart, if you ever wondered how bad you can ship a nice package for a friendly goon

Guacala posted:

Package received.

This is probably the most irresponsible packaging I've ever encountered on SA Mart. Zero bubble wrap or stuffing to mitigate any damage that occurred while shipping. I knew there was a problem when I picked the package up and could hear the items clanking about inside. I just cannot fathom why there wasn't any bubble wrap, or just crumpled up papers to the brim.

Upon initial boot up, the system seems to work, tried a game and it seems fine. The cover to the inputs left of the disk drive broke off in shipment. The motor that spits the games out seems tired and it won't surprise me if that fails sometime in the near future. The system got really scratched up on that shipment.

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Someone please give me the executive function I need magically to email my psychiatrist and tell her this pill isnt' working and I need to try a new one. I'm scared this one won't work either. :smith:

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

Andoman

Good morning BYOB. I spent all night up with a dog that has diarrhoea - this was not fun. However it did get me thinking about the whole elder gods thing from our earlier posts and sleep deprived me came to the conclusion that the reason my dog was pooing everywhere was from the consumption of poor quality souls. It made sense to me at the time.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tiny Myers posted:

Someone please give me the executive function I need magically to email my psychiatrist and tell her this pill isnt' working and I need to try a new one. I'm scared this one won't work either. :smith:

Breath in, hold .... hold... let it out.

There's plenty of options keep trying you'll find something. It might take awhile but when you do you'll feel so much better keep with it. Don't be distressed about it not working that means you are that much closer to finding the one that works for you!

Think about your overall progress not the progress of the one treatment. Every failure is a step towards solving the problem.

Finger Prince

Knoodles https://imgur.com/gallery/mb9a97Y

Twenty Four

Escape From Noise posted:

TBF salad just basically means "a mix of stuff" mixed green salad is a pretty modern invention IIRC.

Sure but you know what I mean, friend. The "soup or salad" option at a restaurant isn't the same thing because both are a mix of stuff. I don't want to do the pedantic "everything that isn't one single thing with nothing added is a salad" joke stuff, it was an honest post. Anyhow, ilu buddy!

Twenty Four

Goons Are Great posted:

yobbers, dispatches from SAmart, if you ever wondered how bad you can ship a nice package for a friendly goon

*Inhales deeply then blows really hard into the box before sealing it up* That should do it! lol

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Finger Prince posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgJsXnN035I
?

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

Sure but you know what I mean, friend. The "soup or salad" option at a restaurant isn't the same thing because both are a mix of stuff. I don't want to do the pedantic "everything that isn't one single thing with nothing added is a salad" joke stuff, it was an honest post. Anyhow, ilu buddy!

It's all good, because it's all a sandwich in the end.

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

Saw the thumbnail, wanted to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t83Cgi1-CiU

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

I still prefer aixed green myself. Germany on a brewery tour was rough. I felt like I'd never poop again.