Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Tried doing short ribs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pro starcraft loser posted:

Tried doing short ribs.

It certainly looks like you succeeded.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jhet posted:

It certainly looks like you succeeded.

:hmmyes:

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Tried doing short ribs.

Well that's a way to start a page. drat. Those look fantastic.

Today was Sunday lunch day.

Turkey breast, buttery mash, minted braised cabbage, mini seasoned roasts cooked in the turkey juices, stuffing, chantenay carrot and green beans.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Korean style wings.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bacon-wrapped Teriyaki Glazed Meat Loaf

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
drat, that's not a thing I'd ever think to do but I kinda wish I'd been there when you did it.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Broccoli soup and jalapeno corn muffin.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Chow mein

Almighty Ken
Nov 5, 2006

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Tried doing short ribs.

only two suggestions to improve:
1. next time put that over polenta
2. invite me over (i'll bring some nice wine)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Wife made this yummy glazed pork meatballs with bak choy and rice noodles. I took the leftovers and just turned it into soup.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I am going to be making lumpia for the first time ever, wish me luck

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Teatime tonight - thai red curry risotto with sesame and crispy chilli broccoli.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Olpainless posted:

Teatime tonight - thai red curry risotto with sesame and crispy chilli broccoli.

Do you have a recipe for the risotto?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

mystes posted:

Do you have a recipe for the risotto?

Finely dice shallots, garlic, birds eye chilli and onion; sauté with ginger and lemongrass puree; add a good (probably more than a typical Thai curry) paste; add rice until translucent; then start topping up and stirring with a mix of chicken stock and coconut milk, slowly simmering, until you have your preferred texture for a risotto.

This wasn't particularly measured, it was very much an experiment to see how it turned out; something to revisit and refine for sure though to get just right!

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Breakfast for dinner

Russets in bacon fat is my favorite goddamn carb load.

So I’m not saying that you should toast your bagel in bacon fat, but you should totally toast your bagel in bacon fat. I generally finish everything else I’m making, scrape the pan with the spatula to get the burnt bits off, dump the majority of the fat, wipe almost completely dry with a paper towel, and then gently press the bagel(s) into the bottom of the pan and swirl them a bit to get maximum contact with the pan.

:btroll:

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Leftover plov from a first attempt, fried in sesame oil and topped with chili oil, chicken breast, cilantro lime sauce!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I did it, took 4.5 hours but I did it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Amateur. I'd eat all that in 45 minutes, slowed down to be polite :smug:

(it looks phenomenal)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Because sometimes you just need runny eggs, meat, and crumpets.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Olpainless posted:

Because sometimes you just need runny eggs, meat, and crumpets.

this is beautiful

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Delayed (drat you COVID) Christmas dinner tonight of homemade Banh Mi's.

Roast pork belly and chicken liver pate:

Bread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FduMMBM-dQ&t=543s
Pork Belly: https://bunbobae.com/crispy-roasted-pork-belly-thit-heo-quay/
Chicken Liver Pate: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/chicken-liver-pate

Daughter went veg and did seared pressed tofu and a mushroom/walnut pate.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I would definitely eat tofu banh mi.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I used to get off the trolley right across from a Vietnamese grocery that had like, huge tofu banh mis for $4.00 and they were so, so good and so cheap but way too big for one person to eat, so on a nice day I'd buy one and eat half in the park and then bring the other half home to my wife. Tofu banh mi rules.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Banh mi has been the one thing I’ve been saying I’m going to make forever, but never have. Got dammit I’m going to make it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Pickled daikon for banh mi always smells like farts but tastes great

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I definitely watched that bahn mi roll tutorial and learned way more than I knew before about how they're formed so thanks for posting the link!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
There's this pub + banh mi place I used to go to that would add a fried egg and it's really the best way.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I am not a vegetarian but tofu banh mi are something I will happily choose over their meaty companions sometimes. Long as it's got a good amount of chili sauce to kick up the flavor, it's pretty drat tasty.

Banh mi in general is just one of my favorite foods and I wish I had them more often. They're sadly not as cheap as they used to be around here though.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

The best part about a banh mi is when the mayo and the pate melt together from the heat of the meat and drip all over into a glorious mess while you're eating it. I don't like messy food but for some reason banh mi gets a pass on that.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The Midniter posted:

The best part about a banh mi is when the mayo and the pate melt together from the heat of the meat and drip all over into a glorious mess while you're eating it. I don't like messy food but for some reason banh mi gets a pass on that.

And it's delicious.

Like I never thought I'd like pate but then I had it on a banh mi and it all just made sense.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Framboise posted:

And it's delicious.

Like I never thought I'd like pate but then I had it on a banh mi and it all just made sense.

Pate is definitely one of those things that sounds awful in theory, but tastes awesome once you try it.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It took me twenty five years to get into pate and by God it was worth the wait

Pate with a good brioche, pate in Swedish blood soup (only thing that makes it work), banh mi..

Growing up in Germany leberkäse just made me ill at the thought though wikipedia tells me it's not a liver thing anymore so uh I dunno bout that one

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Father-in-law came over for dinner so I made some chicken parm for him.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Father-in-law came over for dinner so I made some chicken parm for him.

It's a chicken parm heart!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Been craving some warm hearty soup. Broccoli cheddar soup bread bowl really hit the spot. Will be making it again.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Made myself some potatoes in gruyere.

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
mah man!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Jambalaya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Made all the stocks over the past week and decided a cold Iowa evening was a great occasion for some French Onion Soup.